Big nations: What does your alliance do for you

Antartica North

Alliances in this game play a big part in nation development... if you're tiny. Of all the alliances I have been in, zero have had any sort of development programme or strategy for the largest amongst them. Instead we are used as war cattle, and aid pots. Most of the time our nations just sit there, buying tech every now and then. Sometimes, we are even persuaded to buy tech at a discounted rate, again for the beenfit of the small nations.

I've come to wonder if this is the same situation throughout Bob. Or perhaps you know of an alliance which does have a strategy for such nations? Most of all though, I'm interested in hearing ideas on what could be done!

It's always going to happen due to where the money lies. Large nations can collect more so aren't going to get aided by small nations whom find 3million a large amount of money. For some large nations filling their aid slots with aid could give them 18million every 10 days but this may only buy 30 infra or something whereas this money spent on a small nation can buy 2000 infra and boost their strength massively.

There is not really any sensible way to grow a large nation apart from organized tech deals for them.

In terms of nation development, here's what you could expect from your alliance:

- Help you find tech deals (for large nations, this is by far the most important way to grow)

- Keep you out of unnecessary war (the best growth strategy is often to just not get pummeled in war!)

But an alliance can also offer you a place to play out the political, leadership, and friendship aspects of the game. For the most part, if you've grown to be a large nation, you should not need much advice or aid (aid is a waste of your tech dealing slots for negligble amounts of money, and you've been around long enough that there aren't many things that you would need advice on). It's your turn to provide leadership, aid, and guidance to the smaller nations among your alliance.

Not many alliances force their members to aid larger nations. Instead, I heard that some alliances send money from large nations to smaller nations that are trusted.

There isn't much they offer for large nations though, other than being part of the political chaos.

Edited by HHAYD

My alliance attacks and nukes whoever I ask them to. Pretty cool eh?

Seriously, we provide the same thing that anyone else does. Protection, community, potential for political involvement, and the like. I also like to put together optimal trade circles for my members, and we'll be looking for plenty of tech deals here pretty soon as well. Beyond helping with trades and tech deals there isn't much more you can do for a larger nation, except perhaps fund tech to be sent to it on all slots. Most larger nations don't play just to see their infra count go up either, they play for the community.

I'm not that big but my alliance, M*A*S*H, gives me protection from rogue nations and provides me with tech deals, and trade deals. Also it provides some sort of entertainment if you wish to call it that. It means I don't get bored. Also a little tip, once you start developing your nation and your past the war cattle stage, then it starts to get fun being in an alliance. I guessing your war cattle stage is from 3.00 ns to 5000 ns?

As a smaller nation, I have to say I always felt like we should do things for larger nations. But like RS said in the first post, there really is no way to except to find them Tech sellers.

In terms of nation development, here's what you could expect from your alliance:

- Help you find tech deals (for large nations, this is by far the most important way to grow)

- Keep you out of unnecessary war (the best growth strategy is often to just not get pummeled in war!)

But an alliance can also offer you a place to play out the political, leadership, and friendship aspects of the game. For the most part, if you've grown to be a large nation, you should not need much advice or aid (aid is a waste of your tech dealing slots for negligble amounts of money, and you've been around long enough that there aren't many things that you would need advice on). It's your turn to provide leadership, aid, and guidance to the smaller nations among your alliance.

^this kind of answer is why im proud to have King Irwin in TTK. And is also what i agree with, especially for those nations like KI who help out his alliance mates. Alot of places focus on developing newer nations, but larger nations can benefit too from organized alliances.

Amen to that !! its just like the real world; people are just hateful and mean naturally I guess- :P To be fair my current alliance brought me in from a controlling "pimping alliance" like you mention; but I suppose you're going to get politically/financially/dramatically enhanced petho in wherever you go on Bob.. :rolleyes:

Im a month into CN and agree w/ u mostly.