Why did my population happiness plummet from over 17 to 7.30?

James Casidus

I had bought 50 tech and had 2 trades w/blue nations and my citizen's income was 50 some each two days ago. Also they were in love with me. Now they are only "very happy", the average income is $25, I have 2 different blue team trades, and nothing else changed. Why the sudden drop? I know I'm in peace mode, but I'm 4 days old so that shouldn't be the reason for a drop. Any idea what happened? And can I get the income back to 50 easily? The trades I dropped could account for 1-2 happiness points, but not 10! Furthermore, my people are content with my religion and government.

I had bought 50 tech and had 2 trades w/blue nations and my citizen's income was 50 some each two days ago. Also they were in love with me. Now they are only "very happy", the average income is $25, I have 2 different blue team trades, and nothing else changed. Why the sudden drop? I know I'm in peace mode, but I'm 4 days old so that shouldn't be the reason for a drop. Any idea what happened? And can I get the income back to 50 easily? The trades I dropped could account for 1-2 happiness points, but not 10! Furthermore, my people are content with my religion and government.

check ur events....

Edited by calarasi

I did accept a trade for coal and it went down 1/2 a star, so I see a SLIGHT decrease there. And the Peace mode thing ONLY applies after the first 7 days of a nation's existence, right?

4 days = -3 population happiness

6 days = -5 population happiness

8 days = -6 population happiness

10 days = -7 population happiness

12 days = -8 population happiness

14 days = -9 population happiness

At the time this was posted, you had 1 infrastructure and 0 soldiers I believe. If memory serves correct after the first couple days if you maintain no soldiers your happiness will plummet, but you have purchased 700 infrastructure, 1,200 soldiers, gained a trade, and some improvements. Your happiness should be at their correct levels now, or do you believe an error continues to exist?