New Zealand Civil War

Sargun II

The Ten Objectives

1. Exportation of criminals.

2. Full re-armament of nuclear stockpile.

3. Full re-establishment of the New Zealand Navy.

4. Full re-establishment of the New Zealand Army, post-Artemis.

5. Full re-establishment of the New Zealand Air Force, post-Artemis.

6. Eradication of all pro-Aotearoan groups.

7. Execution of all pro-Aotearoan leadership.

8. Founding of a new, democratic government.

9. Destruction of the ex-Aotearoan "overground tunnels".

10. Establishment of new diplomatic ties to the Pacific region.

Councilwoman Ata, the only remaining Councilwoman of New Zealand, has issued this new ruling policy of New Zealand from Brisbane, Australia. Ata, under strict silence for close to three months, released the single page while the several dozen documents related to each point are being reviewed.

Artemis Global Services CEO Evan Hiley has been unavailable for comment and out of the public eye since the civil war began. His CFO, King Sargun Peaceheart of the Republic, (he retains the title) issued a statement that the New Zealand Navy has recently launched five Apollo-class aircraft carriers since the start of the civil strife. Specialized landing ships capable of landing across the islands of New Zealand have been created, and within a year the rest of the New Zealand navy is to be completed. The Dragon Empire-produced F-46 jets have been completed, and Artemis soldiers are currently assisting the green New Zealand Army.

Scientist Nuave Mackenzie has released a statement with a notice that all nuclear weapons have been activated, but the launch codes are inoperable. All weapons are due to be re-activated and fully operational within a year.

-----

OOC: This is going to be my thread for the coming months. This civil war is going to last a long time - several years, meaning several months in real life. Every day there will be news of battle/casualties/scandal, and I plan on doing this realistically. If any country wants to interact, ask first.

OOC: Considering I'm one of the closest neighbors (no, not the closest, but still nearby), I'd logically be concerned about the chaos. May I interact?

OOC: Depends on your definition of interact.

OOC: I missed out on a lot of stuff while I was on vacation, so I'm gonna ask what happened to Glorious Aotearoa and Sumeragi?

OOC: derp

OOC: Leventnoir was banned for 100% warn, and Sumeragi was banned for ban evasion, I believe.

OOC: un-derp

OOC: That is right. Mind if we interact a small smidgen? :3

OOC: Why would you have any reason to interact :v:

OOC: We have a dealing going on with Acca Dacca, and if anything were to happen to Acca Dacca, the UMS would also be receiving the short end of the stick. :v:

OOC: Then deal with Acca Dacca.

OOC: Hmm, well if you happen to know, what did Levent noir do to get such a high warn? And ban evasion?

OOC: How about you get out of my thread with your off-topic posts?

"Zargathia wishes to remind the citizens of New Zealand that they are welcome in our nation as war refugees, just like in the nations of any other White Cross signatory. We hope that this situation will be normalized long enough, though we find the mention of reactivating nuclear weaponry worrying considering the circumstances in your nation at the moment of writing. We take it that countermeasures are in place should these launch codes fall into the wrong hands?"

Edited by Amyante

The Church offers spiritual help with the citizens of war-torn New Zealand. If and when we figure out which side we want to support, that side may ask for defense aid.

Councilwoman Ata is aghast that any state or group of people, much less a "Church" would even consider supporting the Aotearoan Rebels.

"Zargathia wishes to remind the citizens of New Zealand that they are welcome in our nation as war refugees, just like in the nations of any other White Cross signatory. We hope that this situation will be normalized long enough, though we find the mention of reactivating nuclear weaponry worrying considering the circumstances in your nation at the moment of writing. We take it that countermeasures are in place should these launch codes fall into the wrong hands?"

"There is no possible way for the launch codes to be compromised. Even with the correct launch codes, only I am capable of launching the weapons."

OOC: fine, you @#$% can join in.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: Not to sound like a !@#$% - oh what the hell, what do I care -

Cut the OOC in this thread. It's Sargun's thread, quit disrupting it. As someone who *reads* the threads, still, I'd like to be able to enjoy a thread without seeing a !@#$@#$ cluster$%&@ of !@#$ blocking the main story. If you do have a question with Sargun, take it to PM if you can - it makes the thread a lot less cluttered.

OOC: Depends on your definition of interact.

OOC: I would of course be sending at the very least satelites, maybe a few planes, to try and figure out as much as I can.

Nothing that wqould violate sovereign airspace, of course.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Well we need to see both sides of a war before we can ally with either!

Ata has reportedly become violently ill after these statements by the "church".

OOC: Not to sound like a !@#$% - oh what the hell, what do I care -

Cut the OOC in this thread. It's Sargun's thread, quit disrupting it. As someone who *reads* the threads, still, I'd like to be able to enjoy a thread without seeing a !@#$@#$ cluster$%&@ of !@#$ blocking the main story. If you do have a question with Sargun, take it to PM if you can - it makes the thread a lot less cluttered.

OOC: It's my thread, as long as it's on topic I have no problem.

OOC: I would of course be sending at the very least satelites, maybe a few planes, to try and figure out as much as I can.

Nothing that wqould violate sovereign airspace, of course.

OOC: of course. :v: do what you want at your own risk, my friend

OOC: We have a dealing going on with Acca Dacca, and if anything were to happen to Acca Dacca, the UMS would also be receiving the short end of the stick. :v:

OOC: Yes Mr. SpacingOutMan, but first lets wait for our contract to go through.

IC:

Polo, Choiseul, Solomon Islands

The sun started to slowly come up from the east which started to gently light the Pacific Ocean's horizon. It was warm, but it always was at sunrise in this Oceanic area. The morning sunlight started to creep into Jaxon's tent along with the sound of the gun shots from a-far. The gun shots were not something to usually wake him up, but he knew he would have to be on his toes more often. Jaxon arose from his slumber and looked at the battery powered clock, 6:32am. He smiled, knowning that in a few minutes he would be doing something he was hoping he would be getting to do today. Jaxon got dressed quickly, strapping his boats, wearing his uniform very losely and putting on his Acca Daccan National Gaurd patch, and went over to the other two tents and yelled at his fellow "Gaurdians" to wake up and get ready for the day, a day they will never forget.

He told them they would be leaving at exactly 7:00am. At exactly 7, Jaxon went to his Dodge pickup truck with a mug of whiskey to wake himself up. Whiskey numbed his, and it was his best way to prepare for the day. The 4 other men, who would be under his command for the day, were already seated in the truck. He nodded at them and they nodded back, not uttering a single sound, not a single word. He put the key in the ignition and he pulled off from the camp site, leaving all the equipment except for their backpacks that they had with them.

They headed down the abandoned highway. They headed South West on what once was the busiest traffic highway. It angered Jaxon, but nonetheless, he was going to do something about it. "Do something about it" he heard it alot in his life. His father, the murderer of his wife, and now the rebels had said it vagely in his ear when he slept. He wanted blood. The pickup truck was at top speed when it made its way off the exit ramp. They had a destined target, and as they got closer, the gun shots were louder. The truck stopped at the corner of Lexington and Swadvar. Cards were flipped and others were starting to lose the fire that they caught. The 5 men exited the vehicle and headed down the Lexington block. Jaxon checked thier flank as the other four made the front all clear. They turned onto another street.

The five men spread out, 1 on each side walk, and 3 in the street. The street was narrow and dark in the morning sun. The tall building made a perfectly capable hiding place for the 5 men. The street was opening up into another intersection. The 5 men began thier stations. They smashed windows to get inside the houses. Armed to the nose with AT, rifles, automatics and pistols, they were ready to do damage. They made thier places at windows and looked down onto the street. The gun shots, stopped. They stopped. Jaxon's heartbeat slowed down. It slowed down to the only thing he could hear was his heartbeat...and footsteps. Lots of footsteps.

The footsteps were numerous, around 100. The faint offkey marching was making its way down the very street they were facing. Jaxon thought, "Perfect." As it was the very reason they were here. Footsteps numerous to that of 200 were heard, and this terrible time for a march came right after leaders spoke at the town hall down the street. These marching men were unaware of thier fate. They came into Jaxon's view, but he and his men knew when to fire. When they touched that sewer cap, the street battle would begin. Jaxon had his grenades ready and all guns off of safety, about 100 men were already in his view. The sewer cap was several feet away. The leading figure wore a paintedf and ripped Acca Dacca uniform, one which he stripped off that of a uniformed soldier. It pissed Jaxon off even more. and the second that figure hit the sewer cap, he drew first blood.

The bullet left the chamber in sole purpose of knocking the head off the leader. Its mission was too much for a tiny bullet, but it was able to pentrate the skull and come out of his mouth. The armed 200 militia behind the figure didnt know how to react. Just the way Jaxon wanted it. six guns fired on the unexpected "Aoles" (Enemy rebels who rebeled for Aotearoa). They swept down the line with thier automatics. They fired till they were fired on, when they would retreat and throw a grenade to reload. The militia underneath began to duck behind cars, buildings, structures, anything that would get them hidden. As Jaxon finished reloading, he picked up his sniper rifle, and aimed for a person behind a car. He shot him in the eye for the sole purpose of sending him to the grave with a message. He scanned the street for another target. A bullet wizzed by his head. He did not flinch, but found the owner of the bullet and put a bullet where his heart was. Screaming from the top floor of the building across from him was heard. It was one of his. They must have found him. Jaxon scoped the room, and shot a man standing over his guy. "Terrible" He focused back on the street. Dozens of bodies layed there, others retreated. He made his way to the balcony and looked down the street. A grenade exploded on the floor above him. Another of his men. They were in the building. He hit his walky-talky and called to his men.

"GO!NOW!"

Jaxon picked up what he could and made his way down the stairs. He looked down the stairwell and saw two figures coming. He readied his duel-barrel shotgun. He made his way down a flight of stairs and peered to the flight below him. The two figures were unaware he was right there. "Easy picking" He shot the top of the head of one, held the trigger harder, and shot the other's brain out. There was blood on his arm and face. He didnt bother with it. He kept moving, stepping over the bodies. He removed himself from the building and ran down the street to Lexington. A man was in front of him and another was behind him. The man in front turned to cover. The assault rifle went off, hitting targets behind Jaxon. He kept running, and as he got to the man covering him, the man went down. Shot in the neck. Jaxon grabbed the man's weapon and ran to the corner. Jaxon hid behind the building on the corner. He emptied his weapon spraying. He held up the weapon he retrieved from his men and fired that as well. The man who attempted to catch up fell. Jaxon watched as another bullet hit his back, knocking him down further. Dead.

Jaxon sprinted removing weapons waying him down. He made his way to the truck. He turned it on and sped off as bullets smashed his back window and pick up. He got back on the highway and headed east. He was out of breath. His heart was pounding. His men had died and he wasn't feeling too good. He checked his side. Blood. He looekd ahead and felt the pain, now knowing it was there. He couldnt die yet. He had a mission to complete. Not now. He sped down the highway, making his way to his checkpoint. He went down the ramp so fast, his bumper was smashed and fell off. He was at the shore of Choiseul he drove his truck straight to the sand. His truck hitting bushes and bumps and finally stopping short on the sand. Jaxon exited the car, injured, with only flares in his hands. He limped to the water. His legs dragging. He removed his shirt, the useless bullet proof vest with it. And even with the weight gone, he fell to his knees. His mind began to slip away. He looked at the two flares in his hand and lit them. He held them up as high as possible. In the distance, Jaxon's eyes caught what he needed to see, 3 flashing lights coming from a ship.

The reinvasion of Choiseul as well as the Solomon Islands has begun.

It is common knowledge that the Antipope is deranged and unexperienced with the ways of the world. The Roman Catholic Church of the West does not endorse sides in a war and would most certainly be martyred before ever supporting deranged criminals like Aotearoans, but instead offers its sympathy and support to the civilians of New Zealand who obey the just law.

On the political side of things, the South Pacific Squadron will be reinforced by the LT Ronald Reagan carrier battlegroup, the Ministry of Defense announced. It also announced it was waiting for New Zealand approval before launching any airstrikes on rebel positions.

Polo, Choiseul, Solomon Islands

9:20 am. The time the beginning of the invasion started. It was the first of many, but nonetheless it was the first step into taking back territory that was theres. It was a time to remember, it was the time of death for Jaxon. Him and his men were unable to make it to friendly hands. Thier fate was that of a soldier. They died in the line of duty. Thier sacrifice will not go unanswered, the islands will be taken back...In thier name.

Soldiers arrived on shore through amphibian boats. Their vehicles were armed and ready to tkae them into the town. With a nod from the leading General, General Isaac Teid, the men took off in convoys. They fully expected that they would catch the rebels off gaurds, but the people who retreated from Jaxon and his men had the Aoles up in arms in preparation for the worst. What was to come would be a bloody battle in this day and age. The convoys were to go in two teams,one hitting from the North, another from the East. A seperate smaller convoy would take the highway and use it as high ground to snipe any Aoles spotted.

The mission was to disarm any armed rebels. All others would be treated with POW status. Drastic action would need to be taken to seperate the two.

Treasure Island, Solomon Islands

The air was cold as the row boat quietly made its way into the bay. The morning sun had already lit thier way and they were more than ready to do what they had to. Three men were to infiltrate the bay and take the only remaining ship that was Acca Daccan's best. It was a heavily armed sail boat. Suprisingly, the Aoles found this is a valuable asset, considering it was one of Acca Dacca's finest ships.

The men, armed only with pistols, slammed into one of the support beams of the dock. One hoisted the other two up, and remained in the boat. He rowed away towards the shore where he would use his pistol to provide any "supportive fire." The other two had already taken to a full sprint. One boarded the boat while the other scanned the perimeter. The row boat made it to shore. The last of the three jumped out and ran through the sand, to the beaches end. There, he found 12 tents. The man crouched down, aimed his pistol, and hoped for the best.

The other two were removing any attachments on the boat to the dock. As the final one was released, he pushed off. The other, who was a girl, checked to see if the guns were still in tact. They were, in this made seemed to ease her mind a bit. The wind was picking up, and the man above the deck was looking for a quick getaway. He tapped his foot on the deck to signal her to get up. They both began to fiddle with the tied strings to let the sail up. As it unfolded and the sail was being raised, a wind tore at it. Unprepared, the ship tilted to the right, slamming into the dock, making a very loud screeching noise. The boom slammed into the man raising the sail. As he fell onto the deck, the sail raised higher and higher. When it reached the top, the sail boat sprang to life and quickly gained speed. The man who had raised the sail, was dragged on the dock and thrown off into the water, chasing after the boat. The woman used a pulley system to bring her comrade up. He smiled, even in the midst of thier mission.

The man on the shore gulped. The loud noise caused some from the tent to move around. He heard a zipper slowly unzip. He aimed his pistol. His hands shaking, and as a head popped out, seeing the sail over-head, he shouted. The man shot him dead on, ending his alarm. In a panic, he aimed at the tents and the figures in the tents. He emptied his pistol on them and took off in a sprint. He sprinted down the shore to the water. There, he took off down the beach, chasing after the sailboat. He called out to his comrades, who suffered to turn the boat around. They failed to do so, and the man on the shore knew what he had to do. He ran to the town, looking for a place to stay...a place to hide.

The two on the boat, saddened by the lack of the presense of thier comrade, pressed south.

The Dragon Empire sympathizes with your situation regarding the Greater Aotearoan threat. We would feel obliged to assist you in diminishing the strength of our ancient nemesis. If there is any way we can be of assistance without direct military intervention which would upset your sovereignty, please direct any requests you may have to my office.

Best wishes,

Maelstrom

Ata has reportedly become violently ill after these statements by the "church".

OOC: Well excuse me for not knowing the views of the Aotearoans, that's why I had to ask. As soon as I know both sides, then I can support one.

IC: The Church questions Tahoe with their statement. We are not encouraging war. Since when has spiritual comfort been an act of war?

Captain Wrangler wondered at the reasoning that sent him, his plane, and his crew out so far. "Assess the situation," they said.

Yeah, right--the only way it could be properly assessed was by satellite...but none would be in place for another three hours, they told him.

They weren't going to violate airspace, but his plane, aptly enough called a spy-plane, was high enough that it could see quite enough with all the equipment it had onboard. It was, of course, escorted by two fighters, though they couldn't quite reach the altitude he could.

The southern island was the first to be 'targeted.'

Classified. 21 August.

"Councilwoman."

"There isn't a Council anymore, General."

"Old habits die hard, ma'am."

"Let's hope you don't go down the same path."

Ata and the unfortunately named General General General spoke softly as they walked quietly through the courtyard. What was once a Hanseatic nobleman's estate is now a center of the New Zealand Exile Movement. Ata and the majority of the refugees made their way into several of the estates and set up a de facto government. With the dissolution of the Hansa, however, they were prepared to make de facto into a reality.

"Are you ready, General?"

"Yes, ma'am." Ata and General both looked at the papers in their hand as they stepped into a limousine taking them into Promised Land.

Edited by Sargun