IC Slander needs to be respected more.

Colerich Krieg

OOC:

Lately something has really occurred to me; A few countries tend to have a habit of tossing around false and slanderous statements around ICly; even when the statement can be proven wrong and the poster ICly has 0 proof of any such actions. I understand and recognize people's rights to RP however they wish, but I think the rule of slander needs to be respected a little more ICly. Just because you are RPing a fictional leader doesn't give one the excuse to act like a total failure of a human being. Its beginning to make topics in RP lead to OOC hatred and name calling, and the eventual degradation of the RP community as a whole. An instance of such a case would be as follows:

Country A: Country B is trying to take over the world with nukes, their nazis, they kill jews, theyre imperialists, they are evil and they murder their citizens.

Country B: These claims are absolutely false and blown out of proportion; and we ask you to present proof.

However in most instances it ends like this.

Country C: Umm yeah what Country A said! To hell with Country B!

[insert heated OOC battle and debate here, followed by a Mod having to waste his/her time to have to deal with the drama, and pass out mass amounts of warnings, ending only in more resentment between RPers.]

Does anyone at all get what I am trying to get across or is the fact that having respect for others OOCly and ICly such a foreign concept nowadays that we have devolved to soulless monsters?

>.> That above statement may be harsh but it does give an extreme view of how things are going.

Id love to hear RESPECTABLE OOC Feedback PLEASE. I hope this topic will better help others in promoting a more respectable RP community : )

EDIT: Just another quick example of a thread i saw not to long ago.

A: B, your a dick, $%&@ off.

B: ...

Somthing along those lines, but IC remarks like that should be monitered as well

Edited by Colerich Krieg

The OOC yes, however, as you state yourself, they are legitimate RP moves.

Yes, some RL leaders act like that.

EDIT: Also, no need for OOC tags in the OOC forum.

No no i wasnt talking about moves.

I was talking about how a baseless IC Comment can cause senseless trouble. And I have seen people use IC as an excuse to tell someone off without being punished. Thats a dangerous loophole.

No no i wasnt talking about moves.

I was talking about how a baseless IC Comment can cause senseless trouble. And I have seen people use IC as an excuse to tell someone off without being punished. Thats a dangerous loophole.

It tends to be obvious when people are using IC insults for OOC reasons on here. Its not as big a problem as some think it is actually. IC and OOC is often quite well separated here.

Jesus Christ...

Look, IC DOES NOT REFLECT WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK. When you are IC, you are roleplaying a character that does not have the same overall knowledge as you. You might OOCly read something classified, but ICly you have no idea about them.

This is how it actually is

Nation A has no knowledge of the internal workings of Nation B. However, they suspect Nation B is producing biological weapons. Nation A gives an accusation against Nation B.

Nation C sides with Nation A or B depending on the better argument.

You can stomach the harsh IC comments, or you don't have to play CNRP. It's that simple.

It tends to be obvious when people are using IC insults for OOC reasons on here. Its not as big a problem as some think it is actually. IC and OOC is often quite well separated here.

Which your actually right, but the instance with Zoot Zoot the other night, and a few others, they have greatly crossed that line. It was just somthing I wanted to point out so people can kinda keep it undercontrol. Thats all.

Jesus Christ...

Look, IC DOES NOT REFLECT WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK. When you are IC, you are roleplaying a character that does not have the same overall knowledge as you. You might OOCly read something classified, but ICly you have no idea about them.

This is how it actually is

Nation A has no knowledge of the internal workings of Nation B. However, they suspect Nation B is producing biological weapons. Nation A gives an accusation against Nation B.

Nation C sides with Nation A or B depending on the better argument.

You can stomach the harsh IC comments, or you don't have to play CNRP. It's that simple.

You seemed to miss the point, and I dont want to go into detail, but if I remember correctly you yourself blurred the OOC and IC line when I attempted to meet with other nations over a certain issue, which resulted in a report.

Theres no need for such things, and im sorry if I ever offended you with any OOC statements.

Once again you missed the big picture here, and are obviously angry for some reason as you insited on startng you thead off with "Jesus Christ.." Thats also not necessary, calm down. And relax. Please be respectful of my post as I in no way was trying to flame or start trouble.

Basically, it all comes down to this. Anyone can say whatever they want ICly. I have that on good authority (a.k.a. the mods). So basically, I can accuse your nation of anything I want to. I can say that you feast on babies every Tuesday because you like the way they taste with ketchup. If I do it ICly, there isn't a thing you can do about it.

IC is IC. If you can't stomach a harsh IC comment, don't do stupid stuff.

The thing was, he didn't...until the IC comments that could be deemed hostile came.

Also, welcome back! Glad it wasn't as long as everyone was saying.

Basically, it all comes down to this. Anyone can say whatever they want ICly. I have that on good authority (a.k.a. the mods). So basically, I can accuse your nation of anything I want to. I can say that you feast on babies every Tuesday because you like the way they taste with ketchup. If I do it ICly, there isn't a thing you can do about it.

This is true...unfortunately. :(

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Now how exactly did you find out about Vilho's "Babies N Katchup Tuesdays"? :ph34r:

But yeah, IC, many things can be said.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Your Logic is Irrelevant in CNRP

An instance of such a case would be as follows:

Country A: Country B is trying to take over the world with nukes, their nazis, they kill jews, theyre imperialists, they are evil and they murder their citizens.

Country B: These claims are absolutely false and blown out of proportion; and we ask you to present proof.

However in most instances it ends like this.

Country C: Umm yeah what Country A said! To hell with Country B!

You weren’t here for the great doublethink nation of Rebel Virginia, they would deny things as they were doing it Edited by Generalissimo

Hey Krieg, guess what? You're ALWAYS blurring the IC/OOC line. Why complain about it if you do it yourself?

If you cant handle the heat, get out of the oven. Anyone can say anything they want in IC, so don't get your pants in a knot.

Also OOC/IC hate, Yeah some of us hate others IC but Loooooove them OOC. Some just hate both OOC/IC. It's called life (lol) you kinda have to deal with it.

Hey Krieg, guess what? You're ALWAYS blurring the IC/OOC line. Why complain about it if you do it yourself?

If you cant handle the heat, get out of the oven. Anyone can say anything they want in IC, so don't get your pants in a knot.

Also OOC/IC hate, Yeah some of us hate others IC but Loooooove them OOC. Some just hate both OOC/IC. It's called life (lol) you kinda have to deal with it.

Shouldn't it be the kitchen? :P