Official Dutch-Kriegan Friendship

Colerich Krieg

The following is a draft and is subject to negotiations by both sides.

Neu Berlin - Den Haag Kriegan-Dutch Friendship

The following terms are agreed upon:

I. Both nations agree to share economic and cultural ties, and friendly talks.

II. Both nations agree to a lax border policy, a passport is needed for passing through respective nations, and no visa's or extended stay documents are required as long as the citizen does not attempt to claim residence or citizenship in the other country.

III. Both nations agree on a open port policy, and lax tariff policy. As friendly nations, tariffs and taxes will be modified accordingly as each sees fit, as to not encroach upon the Netherland's EFTA policy.

Edited by Colerich Krieg

OOC: Let's take out IV and V. As I am getting concerned about maintaining my countries' strict neutrality.

OOC: Yeah I wasnt sure if you wanted 5. But 4 was mainly for the peacekeeping stuff, to more clairfy that etc. But I will take it out in respect to the neutrality. However I will personally say that if the Netherlands is attacked I wont hesitate to help.

Rakata is concerned for this treaty, as we have viewed the actions of Krieg to be both reckless and counterproductive to the Dutch aim's at neutrality and peace.

I can agree with this statement. Lax border controls and closer diplomatic ties is one thing. Military cooperation another. The declaration of neutrality clearly states that the Netherlands cannot enter a military organization when it comes to mutual defense. That's the very essense of neutrality.

Edited by DeRaadspensionaris

Rakata is concerned for this treaty, as we have viewed the actions of Krieg to be both reckless and counterproductive to the Dutch aim's at neutrality and peace.

The Empire would like to kindly say this is 1- a Draft. 2- A Draft. 3- A Draft.

Until Sigs are posted, feel free to not comment.

Also. Ill take you up on your word and ask you present what part of the Conti conflict you found was reckless.

We also like to point out this quote which we stated more then once, more then 50, more then 100000 times:

ANY Act of aggression by the Conti Military, Police, Armed Milita, or ANY official government division, on the nations of the Chimairan Republic, the United Netherlands, and we even dare to say, Euzkadi, will result in action taken by the Empire of Krieg. We accknowledge our exsistance as Peaceful but that DOES NOT MEAN we will sit by while our close friends are bullied by a possible attack.

This is obviously a defensive approach and kindly asks your nation proof to disprove otherwise.

OOC: You know I understand you have a right to RP the way you want, but it is annoying/rude to contiunly dog someone for taking a defensive stand over somthing, especially when there absolutley no IC proof about aggressive or reckless behavior. I think the rule of "Slander" against others needs to be respected a tad more ICly. no need to blow the IC situation bigger then it is.

Im not an EFTA member and you never clarified this to me, however I am happy to remove this term.

We thank you. It would however be advised to join EFTA and thus become part of the wider economic community. In that way a tariff system can be implemented without damaging the standing and position of the other members.

EDIT: The United Netherlands will put this treaty before the Parliament for a vote on the matter. If ratified this treaty could start functioning within 24 hours.

Edited by DeRaadspensionaris

We thank you. It would however be advised to join EFTA and thus become part of the wider economic community. In that way a tariff system can be implemented without damaging the standing and position of the other members.

The last time we attempted to join, we were rejected by several members soley because of their biased support of the Scottish. We refuse to join any such Economicalorganization that discriminates Politics, and we condemn the EFTA for doing so, which lead to a number of countries resigning from the EFTA.

The last time we attempted to join, we were rejected by several members soley because of their biased support of the Scottish. We refuse to join any such Economicalorganization that discriminates Politics, and we condemn the EFTA for doing so, which lead to a number of countries resigning from the EFTA.

The EFTA may have been biased towards your system because as of now almost every member state is a functioning democracy. And when Krieg was turned down it was also during the Iberia crisis. Which hasn't been resolved to this very day. Perhaps that made several members cautious.

OOC: it's The Hague btw. Den Haag in Dutch.

OOC: You know I understand you have a right to RP the way you want, but it is annoying/rude to contiunly dog someone for taking a defensive stand over somthing, especially when there absolutley no IC proof about aggressive or reckless behavior. I think the rule of "Slander" against others needs to be respected a tad more ICly. no need to blow the IC situation bigger then it is.

OOC: Seriously, you need to STOP taking IC attacks personally OOC-wise. They have already explained it is NOT personal, that they are merely maintaining their IC stances. Things like this happen in REAL LIFE, so you really expect them to stop here?

Now, assuming these negotiations are public...

IC: Promised Land wishes the two nations in question the best of lucjk in coming to an agreement.