Hours Of Trouble

Margrave

These are brave times, Cyberverse. We have seen an empire topple from its ancient, storied heights.

We have seen brave men and women risk everything in long, unending wars, in order to create for us a free 'Verse.

We have watched many long-time political exiles return to us, friends we knew from old, rivals we have long missed.

Something else is happening right now, something less epic: Solitude and FAIL are at war.

Why are they at war? Because they feel a moral compulsion to do so. Because they believe it is better to fight with honor than to live in cowardice. Most importantly, they are doing it FOR THE LULZ.

I will not lie; I am not what I once was. The war system has changed, for one; drastically, in my opinion. It's been a long time since I was a \m/ember and an Initiative soldier, that era in which most of my wars were fought. I always preferred the struggles of word over the struggles of the sword; I was a diplomat, a firebrand, a rambler and a loudmouth that occasionally got the attention of people stronger than I. I have drifted in and out of the limelight; as a C-level alliance leader, a Pacifican-hugger, a Lulz-seeker and lately an NSO member. I make no assumptions about my relevancy to you or your life. But since you have already committed to reading this, hear me out:

I believe in the actions of FAIL and Solitude. More importantly, I believe in the moral choice they have made in committing themselves to what all will see as an unwinnable war. So when I read the critiques of their choices, when I heard the many voices calling them irrelevant, I had to act. Indeed, my passion called for no less than a declaration of kinship to these brave souls, willing to stand before the guns with nary a thought for their own life or limb. Through their actions they have proven beyond all doubt their dedication and commitment, and for that I salute them. I will not sit in comfort and security; I have committed myself as a scrapper and a screamer, a warrior and a writer, to join their struggle. In ALL of its forms.

Therefore, I, Margrave of Camberlain, make this declaration: Viridia, I am come. Already I have declared war on one of your member nations; in doing so I accept the full responsibility for any and all repercussions of this event. Know that this is not personal; my former \m/ brother Ardus came from your ranks, and your time in the Initiative was pleasant to me. But those days are gone, and now I must face you across the battlefield. Luck and strength to you, Viridia.

This is not a suicide: I intend to see this thing through until it is over.

I have worn many labels in my time in CN: I have been Sith, I have been a USNer, I have been a Tyberian, I have been None, and others. But one loyalty calls me back with the ringing of the richochet; one name remains burning in my mind as I look out from my fighting hole. It is the brotherhood that calls to me; the gang, the mob, the cut-throats and gentlemen and everything in between that was \m/. It is who I have always been; it is who I have remained despite shifting allegiances and changing political situations. Thus I have shed all of other affiliations; today I stand before you as what I have too long denied...a \m/ember. I fly the flag and the AA with pride, and I salute it as I march out to war.

Let the world tremble; let the powerful turn up their noses and ignore it; let all the weapons of the Cyberverse be arraigned against me: Blood will be my validation, War will emancipate me from the weakness of security, and in Freedom I will find my justification. For in a world where every cause is equal, it is the dedication that validates or erases it, it is the blood of the believer and the patriot which nurtures the cause from its birth to its full blossoming. So now I shed my own blood that the Cyberverse might know that there are still men of integrity who will bleed for what they believe.

No more words! I will see you on the battlefield, ladies and gentlemen. HAIL! Solitude and FAIL, I salute you, brothers in arms!

Ivanelterrible, I salute you.

Margrave

Warlord Of \m/

edit: this is an Alliance Announcement. I'll work out the trivialities of command and structure later.

Edited by Margrave

FAIL is doing this for the "lulz?" Please, you know nothing of our policies or our ways of operating. Our treaty party is at war, thus we are assisting them. Quite frankly we are not doing anything that atypical from any other alliance. Thank you for your uninformed commentary however.

Furthermore, it seems that you are flying the \m/ alliance affiliation. I always hated \m/, and I hate attempted \m/ reformations even more. Thus it is my solemn duty to send it back to the grave, unless someone else beats me to it first that is.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

FAIL is doing this for the "lulz." Please, you know nothing of our policies or our ways of operating. Our treaty party is at war, thus we are assisting them. Quite frankly we are not doing anything that atypical from any other alliance. Thank you for your uninformed commentary however.

Furthermore, it seems that you are flying the \m/ alliance affiliation. I always hated \m/, and I hate attempted \m/ reformations even more. Thus it is my solemn duty to send it back to the grave, unless someone else beats me to it first that is.

I love ya too, you ranting loon. I promise you you can have a slot next time around.

Join us or Die, Margrave. It is the only way.

The mail system in Camberlain isn't working at the moment, so I'm afraid you'll have to attach any recruitment messages to those lovely packages I've been getting air-delivered recently.

Also, hi Sooner.

Seriously, not an alliance if you are one person.

An alliance, stripped of its logistics and in-game goals, is a shared idea. In time, if fate allows it, there will be others, and there will be a brotherhood again, but for the moment I wear my AA because it is my right to wear it and my right to fight under it.

\m/ means a great deal more than just a banner for a lone crazy to fight under; but for the moment, this crazy is the only thing it's got. We'll see about the rest later.

An alliance, stripped of its logistics and in-game goals, is a shared idea. In time, if fate allows it, there will be others, and there will be a brotherhood again, but for the moment I wear my AA because it is my right to wear it and my right to fight under it.

\m/ means a great deal more than just a banner for a lone crazy to fight under; but for the moment, this crazy is the only thing it's got. We'll see about the rest later.

Alliance Seniority: 8/14/2009 10:26:49 PM (1 Days)

You changed your AA an hour before attacking.

I would maybe understand if you were on the AA for longer, but you cant claim legitimacy when you just switch AA and go rogue.

Edited by leprecon

I would maybe understand if you were on the AA for longer, but you cant claim legitimacy when you just switch AA and go rogue.

1. Going rogue would be keeping the AA from my last alliance and doing this, which would have affected them very negatively. So no.

2. I'm standing on my convictions, not LUEciding or "going out in a blaze of glory". I saw something messed up; this is my protest, my putting my money where my mouth is, as it were. Who wants to hear a guy run his suck if he can't back it up in blood? Single individuals have meaning, their actions have consequence in the ebb and flow of the Cyberverse. I don't care a whit about GDI; what I do care about is showing CNer's the value of one man's actions. I'm by no means the first; You might recall the example of Ivanelterrible, some day.

In my humble opinion, this is as real as it gets. I mean, just LOOK!

Ah \m/. Those glorious !@#$%^&*. I miss them.

I don't support what you're doing Margrave, because I believe VE is right in this situation. I wish you well on your journeys however and hope you come through them safely.

Read what I am writing. I am not taking the position that GDI is in the right; I am taking the position that people who constantly run their mouths about "one man alliances" and "you don't matter, you're just one guy" need to shut their mouths. I got angry, and I decided to do something about it. If it has value to you, then so be it. If it doesn't, then it doesn't, but it satisfies me just fine.