CM tech damage

Vitauts

CM's now do 2 tech damage each. This will make warring in general so expensive that the game will stagnate. Wars will no loger be economically feasible. (also given the lower 'worth' or attractiveness of tech as saleable commodity)

Please remove this damage from CM's

Thanks,

King Vitauts

Credentials: 226 wars fought. 168 Nations anarchied by me. I have been near ZI'd three times

Technology is information. If someone blows up my computer my government still has the technology to make a new one (or rather, Japan does XD). You can't blow up information. No more tech damage w/ CMs!

Keep in mind if you blow up a computer you also destroy its hard drive.

If you destroy a research facility you're going to lose quite some research & development.

I am ambivalent on this issue. But what I will say is that the argument in the OP is rubbish. Warfare (as opposed to 'tech raiding' ie stealing) has always been expensive, losing an extra 4 tech a day (that's around $100k at market rate) per war doesn't change that one bit.

Keep in mind if you blow up a computer you also destroy its hard drive.

If you destroy a research facility you're going to lose quite some research & development.

The internet in which all information is now stored is not just contained in one pc, I agree, there is no proper way a CM can destroy information unless EMP CM are included. In reality though an EMP blast would have to be of the magnitude of an A-bomb or larger to have any significant effect to information networks though

Edited by mdnss69

The internet in which all information is now stored is not just contained in one pc, I agree, there is no proper way a CM can destroy information unless EMP CM are included. In reality though an EMP blast would have to be of the magnitude of an A-bomb or larger to have any significant effect to information networks though

1) technology is more than just computers

2) this game isn't necessarily meant to be realistic. it's a game

3) i don't like lists with 2 points

Just thought I'd jump in here to make a point. This comes straight from the guide:

The maximum number of technology that can be destroyed is 2....

So in any random cruise missile attack will take anywhere from 0-2 tech away, not a guaranteed 2, it could be zero. And as for the logistics of destroying tech in a cruise missile attack, it's not absurd, and here's why. As a fairly new nation (17 days old) I just began purchasing tech. On the tech purchasing page, it shows a picture of what is apparently your country's state of the art technology (It starts at a telegraph) and as you purchase tech, you get new state of the art technology (Mine is a spin-dial phone) Now isn't it possible that cruise missiles destroy these items? Or destroy the means of producing these items? Maybe the factory that makes my spin-dial phones got hit in the attack and I'm unable to make these anymore. The same can be said about more technologically advanced nations. What if the cruise missile hits a government computer terminal? It's a small scratch for such a technologically advanced nation because 2 level technology loss for a nation with 300 tech is a small percentage compared to a 2 technology loss to a nation with 2.5 tech. The more technological nation has an easier time recovering from the hit, but it costs more due to all the delicate equipment that must be replaced. So I don't look at it as a means of destroying information, I look at it as a means of destroying the ability to put that information to use. Hope that made sense. :)