Moon Hotspot

AirMe

Is dragging the locator the only way to move the base? It doesn't seem to display what the new coordinates are, how do I know where I'm moving to?

Ok, it's explained earlier in this thread (here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...&p=1806043)

Anyways, I'd like to take a crack at figuring out a good method of calculating the hotspot. I looked through the thread and the data is all over the place and I'm not really sure which data is from this month or last, or before or after X and Y were switched, etc. If someone has a nice clean dataset I'd appreciate if you post it here. I promise I'll provide a detailed description of the method if I figure it out. I'm a 4th year in math so I believe I have a chance of getting it with a bit of effort B)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC correctly someone did maths and said the moon base is better than the mars version

It depends mainly on bonus resources. The two mines give such different results that nations are better off going with the base that gives them the most efficient possible bonus resource.

It depends mainly on bonus resources. The two mines give such different results that nations are better off going with the base that gives them the most efficient possible bonus resource.

That is what my original thoughts were too, and my Cow and Wheat would have made me want the Mars resource that benefits the 3BR combo. But I decided that I'd rather have the high bonuses now instead of in three years or whatever. Besides, I haven't done the math, but (while less "cool") the Colony seems way more beneficial than the mine anyhow.

But I totally see what you mean, because if I want to get the mine I'll probably want to overhaul my trades. My two awesome native resources don't combine particularly well with most of the moon resources. Which is the way it should be: they've been such an advantage for me over the years.

That is what my original thoughts were too, and my Cow and Wheat would have made me want the Mars resource that benefits the 3BR combo. But I decided that I'd rather have the high bonuses now instead of in three years or whatever. Besides, I haven't done the math, but (while less "cool") the Colony seems way more beneficial than the mine anyhow.

But I totally see what you mean, because if I want to get the mine I'll probably want to overhaul my trades. My two awesome native resources don't combine particularly well with most of the moon resources. Which is the way it should be: they've been such an advantage for me over the years.

Neither are that great for a 3BR.

Sodium, available on Mars, is a +4 happiness for beer & fastfood. Basalt, also on Mars, is a -5% infrabuy.

Compare that to a cars set, where Basalt is +3 hap/-5% infrabill on top.

Or for a nation like me: Radon is currently a +$12 for me, which made my decision extremely easy. :)

Neither are that great for a 3BR.

Sodium, available on Mars, is a +4 happiness for beer & fastfood. Basalt, also on Mars, is a -5% infrabuy.

Compare that to a cars set, where Basalt is +3 hap/-5% infrabill on top.

Or for a nation like me: Radon is currently a +$12 for me, which made my decision extremely easy. :)

Yeah. Well, I'm almost 3BR--I'm not that interested in buying infra right now, so I'm at Beer/FF +Uranium and some other resources. So I have some options. I could go radon and pick up Gold or Lead, or I could just wreck it all and go for Aff Pop+ one of the other moon resources. (Gold, though, only becomes just as good as another spare happiness resource--I already have wine, so it is not like I'm really gaining much to pick gold up instead.) I'm excited that there's not one clearcut Best Route, though.

updated OP. Sorry about that. But hey, now we get to do it again over the next few days!

It should go much quicker now that we know it will be integers for 100% and we should have more people participating and also people with multiple moon wonders. At least I hope so anyway.

Thanks for updating by the way. See you in a few days!

New month means new hotspot. It looks like the hotspot moved, but not very much, so I won't be moving anything. Here's what I have:

97% -68.18, 76.49

98% -73.60, 69.17

That's lucky :mellow:

5 bucks says admin might manipulate the coding a bit to prevent this from happening again

Edited by thedestro

I shal continue to boycott this wonder and not participate.

As long as you make sure and post about it here.

As to the small movement of the hotspot, I was disappointed. I wanted to try out my updated idea for finding it, but I don't think it'll be accurate much higher than 95%, so there's no point in trying.

wow mate.. i tried this one

98% -73.60, 69.17

and got 50%...

The x,y coordinates we are giving are lat,lon but when you type them in to the URL via the method given earlier in the thread it is lon first in the URL then lat.

Also,

-75, 65 = 97%

-72, 72 = 98%

and last month's hotspot of -68, 72 = 97% as most of you probably know

Edited by jonnygozy

2 new datapoints:

-79, 75: 94%

-70, 69: 99%

I calculated these points using a least-squares method. (I will give a full explanation of the method once I complete it.)

The first point was off because I messed up one of the constants by a factor of 2. However, the extra datapoint helped a lot for the second try, especially because it was a bit further away than all the other points.

Admin, if you're reading this, can I suggest not rounding off the efficiency % to an integer? It would be really helpful for the calculation. :)

Here's a summary of all the datapoints so far:

data = {
  {99, {-70, 69}},
  {98, {-72, 72}},
  {98, {-73.6, 69.17}},
  {97, {-68, 72}},
  {97, {-68.18, 76.49}},
  {97, {-75, 65}},
  {94, {-79, 75}}}

edit: and a graphic of them.

mooneff.png

Edited by Provost Zakharov