New Images for resources!

thedestro

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it may just be me (and probably is) but i would prefer the resources to be in their rawest forms. (ie not bullets representing lead)

but this is an improvement. thank you admin. :)

Maybe, but then you'd have black square, gray square, yellow square . . .

Are you kidding me? Why would we need new icons? What a waste of time that could have been spent adding new features instead. Also, the new icons look worse than the old ones. They all look kind of "3D" now, which makes them more complex to the eye and therefore less "iconic", and harder/slower to recognize.

Are you kidding me? Why would we need new icons? What a waste of time that could have been spent adding new features instead. Also, the new icons look worse than the old ones. They all look kind of "3D" now, which makes them more complex to the eye and therefore less "iconic", and harder/slower to recognize.

as the admin has already said, got a better idea?

then post it.

also, i do agree that they need to be more simple.

Edited by Pax ME

If the [resource images] still look the same to you, just refresh the page. The news ones should show up.

That won't always work. If you use Firefox, you could click on TOOLS, then go down to CLEAR PRIVATE DATA and then erase all offline content.

What a waste of time that could have been spent adding new features instead.

Why do people always think that doing something is away from something else? Some times people might need a break from something before they can get back to it and be productive about it. While having that break they do other things. I can hardly believe that a few new pictures would be away from the development of CN.

lolwut? Did you even read the post you quoted? The better idea is not getting new icons, because the old ones were fine.

yeah, i'll agree. quote fail on my part. -_-

but also, the reasoning was to get every resource picture the same size. but admin did make them more realistic.

it seems you can go with realism OR symbolism

and throwing this in there:

why is marble a bust of caesar? i like the column more.

Admin has already stated, with new bonus resources being introduced into the game, they all needed to be made of uniform size.

Many of the old images were not of uniform size.

Upon attempting to simply resize the images, they didn't look right, so new images were found.

It's not because they're 3D, it's because you were so used to seeing the old ones. In time they'll blend right in.

Personally, I kind of liked seeing something a little different when I logged in this morning.

Uh... Ok personally I like the new Icons, the look better and more refined uranium couldnt hurt to be changed ^_^ but other than that, I think they are cool .

Also.

Its doesnt matter if they take longer to recognise.

You are talking an extra second or two tops.

Admin has already stated, with new bonus resources being introduced into the game, they all needed to be made of uniform size.

Many of the old images were not of uniform size.

Upon attempting to simply resize the images, they didn't look right, so new images were found.

The old images were not uniform size (you just stated that), and yet they worked fine for the past 3 years. Why would adding new ones mean they all suddenly need to be uniform size? This argument doesn't make any sense at all.

What a waste of time that could have been spent adding new features instead.

Well, by that logic you could have made a more constructive comment somewhere else on the forums.

I like the new resource pictures.

My goodness, it never ceases to amaze me at how much people complain and argue over the simplest of details. This is like the water cooler thread about Pixar letting a dying kid see the movie Up in her home and people here were complaining that they only did it for money and greed. For those analyzing how I spend my time, I actually commented to Loxley that working on the new images allowed me to get my head out of the code for a little bit which is a good thing considering that I'm about to start working on a lot of new code for the Earth hotspots idea.

If you don't like the new images either stare at them for 5 seconds and get use to them or offer up a better image to replace the ones that you don't like.

My goodness, it never ceases to amaze me at how much people complain and argue over the simplest of details.

As the head of a site like this, you might have figured that out through experience by now, and learned not to unnecessarily change the "simple details" which people are most emotional about? :) People are a lot more open to larger changes which actually do something new, and aren't just change for change's sake. For example, no one is requesting that the new moon/mars bases be removed (edit: saying you won't buy it doesn't count), but you do have a bunch of people (myself included) who are requesting the old images back.

Edited by Provost Zakharov