The Unjust War

Essenia

Unjust War  

760 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you did!

Yes, yes I did. :D

~, still remember watching those \m/ nations cry and I enjoyed their tears.

Enjoying others anguish and sorrow, Jedi? Do I even have to tell you where such feelings lead to?

Edited by Corinan

No, Vlad is wrong. The entire point of the Continuum was to isolate and eventually "kill" Polar. So the reason we were not included is... it would make no sense. We were not invited, obviously, and we didn't even "officially" know about it until it was about to be signed.

Thats simply not true. You know, im not a fan of Pacifica. Never was and probably never will be. But why on earth would they prevent TOP, MCXA and Gremlins coming after your asses for such a long time if Continuum was only created for it to happen?

That simply doesnt fit. And for the record, Polar wasnt included because if they were, Continuum wouldnt have come into existance because half the alliances being a part of it wouldnt have signed.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps both Pacifica and Polaris were trying to kill one another? I'm fairly certain there was mutual hatred for one another in the upper ranks of both alliances.

I think Corinan is right here.

It is pretty funny in hindsight, all those talks about indefinite brotherhood between the Orders etc. It was all a big show.

When Q served it's purpose, it fractured and eventually dissolved.

And I do think we would have had an other political climate if the UJP had won at that time. More wars, more fun.

Timmehhh, I certainly agree with you and Vladimir on that point. I don't think anyone can dispute that NpO and GGA were not invited to the Continuum because of personality conflicts with about half of the bloc, not that Polar was interested in joining a giant bloc like that after our experiences in WUT.

@Random, read the text you quoted more carefully for negatives or lack thereof.

Vladimir, you have interpreted my remarks correctly. I was implying that Pacifica's protection of Polaris between July 4th and August 11th was motivated, at least at the upper levels, by self-interest. You had plenty of enemies even amongst your allies back then, but with such a diverse net of treaties, you were very difficult to pin down. I calculated your network centrality before and after the noCB war/WotC/SPW and your loss was second only to Polar's. I suppose you would know your actual motivations better than I, but from a purely mathematical standpoint you lost far more than any other alliance in the winning Coalition. Perhaps someone from Karma would be able to comment as to whether NPO's protection of NpO for about a month before the noCB war/WotC/SPW played any roll in their decision to turn against you?

Edited by Penguin

Enjoying others anguish and sorrow, Jedi? Do I even have to tell you where such feelings lead to?

That was another life - the anguish and sorrow of the scum I crush was delicious. Like pasta.

The tears of those who feast on tears are the sweetest.

I have no tear ducts.

It was a great time to be in IRON as it was sort of our coming out party. I very much enjoyed teaming up with the NpO to save the world from the Unjust and I really don't think we got the recognition we should have for taking on and beating GOONs. I wonder how many additional thousands would have been driven from this game if they had won just for the lulz.

It was a great time to be in IRON as it was sort of our coming out party. I very much enjoyed teaming up with the NpO to save the world from the Unjust and I really don't think we got the recognition we should have for taking on and beating GOONs. I wonder how many additional thousands would have been driven from this game if they had won just for the lulz.

Thank Admin you and your benevolent friends came to stop the stagnation of Cybernations :gag:

You guys were just as bad to the average player as the UJP ever was, you all just pretended to do things in the name of justice or whatever the hell the excuse of the day happened to be.

you guys were never any better than UJP you were all just less honest about your motivations.

I was an Unjust Highway member. All I would have asked for in retrospect was the fight to have lasted longer, none of that OOC crap, and allies that pulled out of the war early to have been in there for the long run. Whether or not that led to a UJH / ~ / Stalemate, I wouldn't have minded, because at least it would have been a regular war without all that extra crap surrounding it.

Perhaps someone from Karma would be able to comment as to whether NPO's protection of NpO for about a month before the noCB war/WotC/SPW played any roll in their decision to turn against you?

I think this is indeed the case, but what really was an determining moment was the fact that when NPO tried to play the white knight for Polaris and sugar coat their surrender terms, after playing hard ball with MK's terms, and nobody of the coallition dared to speak up in private, was what put the first doubts in the minds of several close allies (Gremlins, FOK).

With the disappearance of the one uniting enemy the Karma war was destined to happen, that Karma won was probably because the alliances on that side learned of the mistakes the Unjust Path made in their adventure.

~, still remember watching those \m/ nations cry and I enjoyed their tears.

I was with \M/ during that war, and I regret every minute I spent there. Even though they knew they were going to disband, they still got all angry and ares-like when people started to leave, including me. They called us traitors and back stabbers even though we were all going to have to leave anyway. During the war, many of the nations begged for help, but were ignored. Most of the members were back stabbing, power hungry, wastes. CN doesn't need alliances like them and personally, I'm glad we lost.

MoD for TPF at the time.

The days leading up to the war, planning, target assignments, the #ujp chans were the most fun I have ever had in this world. High point since I've been here.

War was great, got to hit Sponge, then got gangbanged by some very nice Spartan folks.

The empty feeling inside when I was ordered to call off all attacks and wave our military white flag is hard to describe. Low point since I've been here.

Really wish we would have stuck it out......

Everyone speaks of OOC stuff, but what actually happened?

Also, Vlad, i got to admit, you're a great spinner, but there's so much spinning that it's easy to see through.

Edited by shahman

Timmehhh, I certainly agree with you and Vladimir on that point. I don't think anyone can dispute that NpO and GGA were not invited to the Continuum because of personality conflicts with about half of the bloc, not that Polar was interested in joining a giant bloc like that after our experiences in WUT.

@Random, read the text you quoted more carefully for negatives or lack thereof.

Vladimir, you have interpreted my remarks correctly. I was implying that Pacifica's protection of Polaris between July 4th and August 11th was motivated, at least at the upper levels, by self-interest. You had plenty of enemies even amongst your allies back then, but with such a diverse net of treaties, you were very difficult to pin down. I calculated your network centrality before and after the noCB war/WotC/SPW and your loss was second only to Polar's. I suppose you would know your actual motivations better than I, but from a purely mathematical standpoint you lost far more than any other alliance in the winning Coalition. Perhaps someone from Karma would be able to comment as to whether NPO's protection of NpO for about a month before the noCB war/WotC/SPW played any roll in their decision to turn against you?

I can only speak for FOK. We were a bit annoyed with it but the bigger factors, the real reasons for FOK for canceling with NPO were outlined in this topic.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=53679

We didn't really turn against NPO, we stepped out of Q in February because the continuum made the game boring, and we wanted more action. At the time we were military prepared for an all out attack on FOK but it never came. The Karma war came in may and we fought against NPO because we were needed on that front, nothing more nothing less. We couldn't fight IRON treatywise, and our top tiers weren't suited for other alliances.

Unjust War will always be GW IV to me.

\m/ Triumvir.

Looking back now almost 2 years later, it seemed like we were destined at best fight it to a draw. The whole Bilrow mess pretty much short circuited the game before we got anywhere near that point though.

FYI: I don't blame Bilrow for the "Bilrow mess", those who are to blame and those who exploited it know who they are.