Here goes... my first important poll

Embereus

New Changes  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of the people against the tech change are tech heavy nations who don't like this because they spent lots of money on tech that ended up useless in the long run to how their nation was run, but had it solely for NS purposes. This was for game balancing. After 300 tech, tech is pretty useless, and this change helps reflect that. I agree with the tech change.

I don't really care about the GRL.

Tech change was inevitable, but at the degree they went, that was completely unnecessary. Whilst my comment may sound just like blatant whining and complaining, it feels like a slap in the face to those of us whom have been playing the game diligently for quite some time now. I mean, a good number of people spent a lot of days towards raising their tech levels. Lots of strategy, effort and money was put into that. Now that tech, in a sense, is out the door...it feels as though it was wasted time.

The GRL is not something I was looking forward to seeing return. Really, people that have nukes (and a lot of them) are going to abuse this. For those that reap the rewards with their massive thresholds, it's going to be the rest that suffers for that select group. Fantastic. Great move, Admins.

People voting No in #1... Ignore the freaking NS. Big deal, it's lower. YOU'RE PAYING LESS MONEY ON INFRA UPKEEP BECAUSE OF IT. It's actually possible to get to 10% infra upkeep reduction now. The less NS tech is worth, the more reduction you get. It's a good thing that will benefit everyone.

Wow Magicman I totally missed that.

Technology decreases infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (2 * Technology Level) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

That is a great positive to all this negativity!

Thanks friend :)

The tech change was a well needed change. Now those with previously superficial NS levels are brought to reality, and the drop in everyones NS seems to have levelled out fot he majority, although the tech horders and sellers might suffer a little at first. The tech cap might need to be adjusted slightly however, but not by too much, maybe by bringing it to around 500.

With what magicman two places above me said, that is definetly an added bonus to everyones recent downfall in NS. I know some people are quiet happy about it though (like me) because we gained places in the overall percentage scheme.

I would have preferred a little waring though, I woke up and suddenly I had had lost huge amounts of NS, I was looking to see if someone had declared on me or if it was a bug, or... shocked me a little at first anyway

I would have preferred a little waring though, I woke up and suddenly I had had lost huge amounts of NS, I was looking to see if someone had declared on me or if it was a bug, or... shocked me a little at first anyway

I was online at around 4:30, when admin put it into effect. I thought it was a spy attack at first. My efficiency was 166 at 4:00 and it was ~110 at 5:00 XD. I'm okay with it though. This tension should decrease and everything will be back to normal except with alliances more closely matched by their strength.

GRL is fine by me. I'm not sure there should even BE a cap.

The tech change simply sucks because I finally decided to "join the pack" so I could get a nuke. The day I become nuke capable, I buy one, go to bed, and wake up to find that I've been knocked back to 6.6% ranking (lost 6,000 NS). I guess I just kinda wish we had a little notice when Admin was going to make a change that could seriously effect game strategy...

Otherwise, no big deal, and business as usual for Hickersonia.

I voted NO, don't like the change. :angry: I fully understand all the arguments for making the change and I know that statistically everything evens out in the end and all remains the same. But what ticks me off more than anything (and believe me, there are many aspects about this change that tick me off) is the way it was done. Admin gave no notice or time to make strategy changes before doing this.

I don't care what your opinion is about NS being artificially inflated or whatever. The fact is the way things used to be is the way it was! If you wanted to use tech to build your NS quickly, it was fine because that is the way the game was set up! Those who think using tech to build NS was cheating or that it was an artificially inflated NS, guess what, you're wrong- because those were the rules and the way the game was set up and played!

And for your information, high technology does give a nation higher strength, even in RL! Look at it this way, you got two nations with everything being equal except the level of their technology; who do you think is the stronger nation? The one fighting with slingshots or the one fighting with nukes?! So take all of your pious attitudes and stick them where the sun don't shine, like in a closet, and quit looking down your long noses at everyone that doesn't like this change or think the way you do! Your opinion is no more correct nor any better than anyone elses!

No, I don't like the tech change, mainly because I do tech deals and the change will probably dry up the tech market to some extent unless the cost of tech is reduced. If the cost of tech is reduced or the decrease in the value is lessened then I'm fine with the change.

Not a fan of GRL.