Here goes... my first important poll

Embereus

New Changes  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I've seen the discussion threads and read them through... I want to see the opinions in numbers as I don't want to count out the fastest 12 or 13 page thread I've seen.

Please, if you don't mind, include an explanation for your choice.

Thanks,

-Emb :D

Edited by Embereus

Chose option 1 on tech, it's a good change, needed and the people who choose "no" merely are looking at their NS, not the big picture (like rank, military ability, financial ability, etc) and believe that this change DRASTICALLY fixes a lot of issues that CN was headed for.

Voted other on #4... GRL doesn't do ANYTHING other than slightly buff lead as now radiation cleanup receives a +1 happy bonus... whoopee. So who cares about GRL, those who think it sucks are dumb because it doesn't do anything, those who think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dumb, since it doesn't do anything.

Unless you have lead, trade for lead, or for some reason just feel like lead is the ultimate resource... GRL is meh.

As a Lead producing nation I say HAIL GRL. It really doesn't matter much other than slightly improving the 7/8 bonus resource build and border walls. Everyone suffers so no real loss. It might bring back the Think of the Children treaty.

Lol at the treaty, but haven't you seen Admin's suggestion? He might also include a new in-team global radiation level... large teams like blue, orange and green have the max (4) radiation level due to lots of nuclear attacks, and teams like pink, yellow, and purple have less radiation.

Either Admin needs a different equation or we just keep the level global.

Edit: link: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=6420

Edited by Embereus

As a Lead producing nation I say HAIL GRL. It really doesn't matter much other than slightly improving the 7/8 bonus resource build and border walls. Everyone suffers so no real loss. It might bring back the Think of the Children treaty.

border walls do not lower environment any lower than GRL+1.

Curse me and my poor reading comprehension. Ok so GRL only benefits lead and the corresponding 7/8 bonus build. Everyone else suffers.

As far as GRL per color, thats a different story. It might be a nice trade off for the larger spheres. Large number of nations = more trades = more chance of nukes for GRL.

Yes. The GRL formula was updated according to the update log:

Global radiation is a count of all nations in the game attacked with nuclear weapons in the past 30 days. Global radiation negatively affects your nation environment up to level 5.0. The bonus resource radiation cleanup reduces global radiation for your nation by 50%. The current formula for global radiation is: radiation = (total nukes * 300) / total nations

if tech costs were reduced by 75% then i wouldn't have a problem with it. it's not that bad but it stinks that i was at a hight ns. and that i have put a lot of work into it.

Everyone else fell, so you're still at a "high" NS level.

Anyhow, even though I'm quite tech bloated and lost 10K NS and some environment starts,I'm quite content with those changes. Same goes for the GRL.

I picked 2 for the first question. This tech change really blows. Tech Deals are near worthless now. Technology is basically worthless and pointless now, really. I went from being so close to finally being able to be in the top 5%, to now going to the top 11%. I just don't like this at all. Atleast make technology a lot cheaper, or something.

I'm pissed about the tech thing as ns is still pointless and how those of who used tech deals to increase our pointless number are being punished. I'm not being sarcastic either so what if ns is pointless? So is cybernations, and if you follow a naturalistic worldview so is life and everything else, so what wrong with a little pointlessness that added alot of fun to this game.

I do not like the tech thing obviously becuase of the massive hit my alliance took. Sadly, we lost over 1.5 million total NS and about 15k average NS. This means nations can now attack our nations more easily and we are no where near the elite alliance we used to be. Once way admin could make up for it is make no cap on the way tech helps your army.

GRL is fine, it makes people think twice about nuking someone.

Lol at the treaty, but haven't you seen Admin's suggestion? He might also include a new in-team global radiation level... large teams like blue, orange and green have the max (4) radiation level due to lots of nuclear attacks, and teams like pink, yellow, and purple have less radiation.

Either Admin needs a different equation or we just keep the level global.

Edit: link: <a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=6420" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=6420</a>

Maybe this balances the availability of trades for each sphere, blue, orange, etc, have more trades available, but have a higher global radiation. I like this idea, it puts even more significance on the team colours.

Tech was a necessary change.

The GRL pisses me off though because this is what prompted the major players of CN to sign those retched no nuclear-first strike treaties, and arguably caused the extremely negative stigma that went along with nuclear attacks. Granted, the stigma still remains, but it's been reduced somewhat so that people are no longer going into hysterics over a nuclear first strike; I fear the addition of GRL will cause this to be a backwards step for CN, with regards to said stigma and alliances will revert to the old no nuclear first strike policy. My hope is that people will not go back to signing those no first strike treaties, but with this addition I really cannot be certain.

Edited by Ramsing

Most of the members that are happy with the tech change and don't own more then 1000 tech are just jealous of us, the tech heavy nations. Admit it.

Just think about it for a second. What do you care if we like to play "who has the biggest NS".

WE are the ones getting pwned in a war by infra heavy guys. It is our nation, our choice. We liked to do as many techdeals as we could and collect as much tech as possible. How did that effect you guys at all? Oh wait, maybe you are the ones who love too be on top in the ranks after all.

honestly.. i went from rank 12 to rank 9 because of the tech change.. but honestly.. still i dont care.. lol yea it feels good to finally get into top 10.. but now its just based on.. who makes the most money.. and who can buy the most infra..

and personally.. i think that the tanks and soldiers should change in str too.. i bought 1000 tanks and moved up 4 ranks just now.. that should happen

Global Radiation is retarded. Nukes are part of the game, they aren't used enough as it is, and this will only further discourage their use, and promote rogues ****ing it up for the rest of us.

This will serve NO purpose, and it's STUPID.

And the tech change is equally retarded.