TPF's Response to Terms Offered

Calling it negotiations is really just a courtesy when the enemy has its foot on your throat. The only leeway you have is not signing the terms because they might be too much to handle. Screw your principle.

You lost. Pay your reparations to the victor, and come back for blood.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at PC's declaration of war. They cited this:

Article 3: Cancellation

If either party breaks the pact, it is considered null and void.

You're saying its PC's fault that you agreed to a horribly worded treaty? They took advantage of your wording. This is what all this !@#$%^&* about "e-lawyering" is about? You can try to cover your behinds all you want, but its not going to get you anywhere. Think before you put the pen to paper.

Only took three pages for the first e-lawyer to show up to play that tune. I am impressed. I'd rather burn in eternal nuclear holocaust than reward an alliance that stands behind we only took "took advantage of your wording".

You may be able to sleep with that.

Only took three pages for the first e-lawyer to show up to play that tune. I am impressed. I'd rather burn in eternal nuclear holocaust than reward an alliance that stands behind we only took "took advantage of your wording".

Given it's extremely likely you intended to take advantage of the same loophole down the road I don't see it as such a bad thing.

You got beat at your own game, deal with it.

You know what... i might not like TPF, but you got a point there. I think i'd rather be in perpetual war than pay money to those i deem not honourable, too.

If you hate TPF so much, why did you stay in the Continuum with them for so long?

So what? It would have been fine if they waited a day before attacking you? That's stupid and you know it. The only time someone would cancel a Non Aggression Pact is when they want to attack. Why would they want you to have that extra day to prepare? Its a war tactic, deal with it.

I can understand your reasons, I suppose. But I don't see PC dropping their demands - I don't see them caring all that much if you feel the "e-lawyered" their way into the war. Or caring if you feel they are dishonorable. But good luck with all this.

So what? It would have been fine if they waited a day before attacking you? That's stupid and you know it. The only time someone would cancel a Non Aggression Pact is when they want to attack. Why would they want you to have that extra day to prepare? Its a war tactic, deal with it.

Keep saying it. Eventually it will make it true. Especially if you click your heels together 3 times and say the magic words. To see MK of all people support dishonor, well, that is just a special birthday treat.

Then word your treaties better. Don't blame everyone else when something like this comes back to bite you. If I worded my treaties poorly and someone used it to their advantage I have no one to blame but myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

Keep saying it. Eventually it will make it true. Especially if you click your heels together 3 times and say the magic words. To see MK of all people support dishonor, well, that is just a special birthday treat.

It's not dishonor if they followed the wording of the treaty, which by your own admission, they did.

Edited by Harry Tuttle
Inappropriate language

The funny thing is you didn't address my point.

You sign a treaty, you should probably read what it says and know the consequences of every clause. Why did you not do so? I can't see how you blame PC for this. They didn't maneuver. They had a treaty that said "if you break this, it is null and void". They followed the treaty, really. Why is this their fault and not yours?

Edited by El Pilchinator

FAN at least admitted to being the bad guy. All we have here is TPF saying "WE AREN'T THE SAME TPF THAT WE WERE!!!!!"

FAN manned up to their evil. TPF is trying to outright deny it. FAN = Rhinoceros who is going to flatten your $@! treaties or not. TPF is like the annoying guy who played the sidekick in the old bugs bunny cartoons....only their to mooch off the successes of bigger pals and then when the big guy goes down try to pretend they really didn't do anything or that they have changed.

The TPF that took part in these old actions people still complain about is now called Poison Clan.

I don't call that dishonor. Something do consider dishonorable, though, is complaining about an alliance attacking before actually dropping the treaty- even though they've done it in the past. (See: flak attack's post)

The TPF that took part in these old actions people still complain about is now called Poison Clan.

And I think they are a crap alliance. You guys kept the history, the name, the membership etc.........

I need not say any more on this. It was a dick move.

You guys want to extort us over a dick move, be our guest.

It's not extortion. PC has lost what, 60% of their NS this war? They have as much right to reps as any alliance out there, more than many others whom are going to receive more.

OBM with regards to your treaty partners getting peace that is really all up to TPF. The alliances fighting Avalon have been seeking peace for some time now, but until you get over the petty reasons to not accept peace or terms then your allies keep staying at a state of war because you haven't peaced out. Terms have been agreed with for Avalon and are ready but 2 things need to happen

1. TPF peace

2. We get sigs from Avalon

So TPF get off your high horse and come to terms and lets move on. Nothing I hate more than having to be at war with an alliance that wants to fight from hippy. So get with the terms so the members of Avalon and your other treaty partners can get back to doing their thing.

I need not say any more on this. It was a dick move.

You guys want to extort us over a dick move, be our guest.

Let's be honest..If TPF found and used the loop hole like it was word too we would see a bunch of trolls from TPF claiming it is no big deal, you found the loop hole and for PC to "deal with it". So, take your own advice and maybe next time word your treaties right.

Here's to Poison Clan hope you guys double the reparations and rub it in TPF face a little more.

I have a lot of personal biases here, so it's hard for me to look at this situation objectively.

On the one hand I agree with you that the situation with the NAP was not optimal, regardless of whether the letter of the treaty was actually obeyed. I can understand not wanting to pay them anything. I definitely agree that 20k tech to Poison Clan is excessive in light of the circumstances and relative to what other alliances are getting.

On the other hand, your alliance is dying for pride. You have members who find it dishonorable to leave, even if they've formally been released. You've got your hand in a monkey trap and by refusing to relax your fist you're giving PC a far greater "reward" than 20k tech. You still have loyal and decent allies, which is more than many of the surrendered can say. You have traded your nation strength for a reasonable sum of political capital. If you swallow your pride and look to the long term perhaps some day you can collect what was taken from you. If you stand your ground all you do is get buried.

I'm also curious about the line that you went into this "holding your nose," as the logs I've seen show mhawk playing the bully for the hegemony as you guys tried to build a CB to push this war into being.

In any case, I wish you luck. Your stand is foolish but respectable.