New change to tech multiplying.

So will all those who complained about how the sudden change in the rules hurt them by making all of their useless tech worth less in terms of boosting a completely irrelevant number, now join me in complaining about how all that useless tech they previously bought and I did not buy (because it was useless by the previous rules) now gives them a TANGIBLE advantage in battle?

Somehow I doubt it, even though this is a more meaningful change.

Completely removing the tech cap gives those that were buying useless tech for months a huge advantage over those that didn't waste the money. I could see raising the cap but not removing it completely.

simply raising the tech cap would put us right back in the same position in a matter of months (maybe even weeks). artificial caps are a detriment to the game

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just say this. I've lost 20k ns because of this and I'm not complaining a bit.

That was the only effect to you. Some people got pushed back in rank, like me. So naturally, I'm upset, and naturally, you aren't. You're sittin pretty in the top .8% while people like me are likely to be stuck out of it for quite some time.

About your point of never getting into nuke range. I could buy nukes when my nation was about 2-3 months old and i focused on infra. It's not impossible to get nukes and it certainly won't take a person a year. Besides nukes are pretty over-rated anyway

To someone who's in the top .8%, yeah nukes might seem overrated. But to someone at about half your NS, they're a pretty big deal. At this point in the game it's really the only thing cool left to buy. Anything else I might buy like an improvement or a wonder is just more of the same. And wonders are still a ways off for me.

To someone who's in the top .8%, yeah nukes might seem overrated. But to someone at about half your NS, they're a pretty big deal. At this point in the game it's really the only thing cool left to buy. Anything else I might buy like an improvement or a wonder is just more of the same. And wonders are still a ways off for me.

I have 200 more infrastructure than you and will be purchasing my second wonder in days. Wonders are based on a 30 day timer and provide better advantages than just purely pumping out infrastructure, so I'd advise purchasing them now. Personally, I plan on buying my Interstate System or Social Security system (Most likely the latter) and then working my way to 4999.99 and saving up to do the infrastructure jump and purchase another wonder at the same time as soon as I'm capable next month.

I currently make about 3.3 million a day with my nation so wonders are very attainable at our size; just beacuse you can't afford to purchase 20 of them in one day like an improvement doesn't mean you can't save up to buy them.

That was the only effect to you. Some people got pushed back in rank, like me. So naturally, I'm upset, and naturally, you aren't. You're sittin pretty in the top .8% while people like me are likely to be stuck out of it for quite some time.

.6% now thanks ;)

Somebody has probably mentioned this, but I think it very ironic that the NS value of tech has decreased by a factor of 4, yet the usefulness of tech is becoming greater.

Actually, this is indeed a interesting point that I had been thinking of as well - but hadn't seen mentioned before. The changes from 1-Nov and 4-Nov combined are indeed somewhat contradictory. Tech is more useful, but the comparative contribution to NS is down.

Having said that, I think that even with the new system the contribution of tech to NS is probably more realistic. I've not seen anybody post any objections that said that the new NS formula is a worse measure of a nation's strength than the previous one (even under the new rules for tech), and that is ultimately the important thing (although it still isn't perfect, as has been pointed out in some discussions).

edit - spelling

Edited by TheBFG

Well i'm still not totaly excited about the ephasis admin put on active military this update certainly helps cn move in the right direction.

-Veritas

P.S. Large nations could not pop up overnight as there is a limit to aid slot usage.

Actually, this is indeed a interesting point that I had been thinking of as well - but hadn't seen mentioned before. The changes from 1-Nov and 4-Nov combined are indeed somewhat contradictory. Tech is more useful, but the comparative contribution to NS is down.

Having said that, I think that even with the new system the contribution of tech to NS is probably more realistic. I've not seen anybody post any objections that said that the new NS formula is a worse measure of a nation's strength than the previous one (even under the new rules for tech), and that is ultimately the important thing (although it still isn't perfect, as has been pointed out in some discussions).

edit - spelling

i agree. before the changes, tech did next to nothing. now it actually does something (just how much remains to be seen) and the value of tech has been brought in line with what it actually does for your nation