At what infra lvl did you start buying tech?

At what infra lvl did you start buying tech, from lower NS nations?

just trying to get a general idea going here.

personally im at 3799 infra right now, and was thinking to start buying at 3999, would this be a good idea to start at that point?

I don't think I ever sold tech... but 3999.99 is a good place to switch over to being a buyer.

AND THEN YOU BUY THAT STUFF UP LIKE IT WAS GOING OUT OF STYLE, FOOLIO!

(The above nation building guide is copyright 2009 Zzzptm and Himynamistan, all rights reserved)

I don't think I ever sold tech... but 3999.99 is a good place to switch over to being a buyer.

AND THEN YOU BUY THAT STUFF UP LIKE IT WAS GOING OUT OF STYLE, FOOLIO!

(The above nation building guide is copyright 2009 Zzzptm and Himynamistan, all rights reserved)

Another question is this

At what tech level should you start purchasing tech? Once you reach 3999 infra; as in how much tech should you buy from your own funds before starting to buy?

I guess the obvious answer is when it is too expensive to buy myself eh?

Thanks

Another question is this

At what tech level should you start purchasing tech? Once you reach 3999 infra; as in how much tech should you buy from your own funds before starting to buy?

Thanks

I just sent out my first round of aid, for 5 tech deals... I am at 3699.99 infra right now... and I have a decent amount of money, and will be at 3999.99 in 10 days.

Also, I bought to 170 tech... the point where it went from 299000 for 10 levels to over 300000... making it more expensive than a 3/100 tech deal.

Another question is this

Thanks

Pretty much, the exact amount will depend on whether you have gold/microchips but generally it's around 170-200.

As for when to buy, I'd go for as soon as you make the 3k infra jump.

Really, it's somewhere between 3-4K. Exactly where in that area depends on your trade setup and how much you're actually clearing past bills. Once you can net over 3mil, you're in prime buying territory.

I think the question when to start buying tech is sufficiently answered,

I however want to make an argument for buying more technology yourself past the most named barriers.

Above I see the most named end point is 200 tech max you should buy yourself. You could however consider buying up to 400 tech yourself, before buying it from other nations.

The extra 200 tech will not be the most cost efficient tech, although it will probably stay below $60,000 per level. which will be equal to a 3million/50tech deal, which are not uncommon nowadays.

The biggest advantage of buying this much tech yourself is that you will have a month worth of tech already on hand, don't forget that buying tech through your nation menu is much easier and quicker then buying tech through the international market.

I however want to make an argument for buying more technology yourself past the most named barriers.

Above I see the most named end point is 200 tech max you should buy yourself. You could however consider buying up to 400 tech yourself, before buying it from other nations.

The extra 200 tech will not be the most cost efficient tech, although it will probably stay below $60,000 per level. which will be equal to a 3million/50tech deal, which are not uncommon nowadays.

The biggest advantage of buying this much tech yourself is that you will have a month worth of tech already on hand, don't forget that buying tech through your nation menu is much easier and quicker then buying tech through the international market.

true

• 2 weeks later...

I bought up to 260 just before starting to receive from my first 5 Tech deals. I thus jumped from virtually 0 to 500 in a short time, gaining access to the top aircraft.

IIRC there's a cost "jump" at 250, thus it's best to buy something like 249.5 and then 10 levels... (At 260 I would have paid around 45k the next Tech levels.)

If you can count on a bank's help and you have no money problems it could be a good idea to buy yourself up to 400 Tech or even more (600? 1k?).

500 Tech is one month of dealing (with five slots) and some extra hundreds of levels may mean an head start of some weeks against your competitors. On the other hand you'd have less to spend on infrastructure, thus it may also be a bad idea (I didn't even try to do the math).

It's not so much a factor of how much infra you have as how much money you make per day.

I can't remember exactly when I started, but for me it would have been much earlier than for nations today since I was only selling at 150 tech for $3M (and I do recommend that you essentially starting buying from others as soon as you stop selling, right after a quick purchase perhaps).

Basically it comes down to how much profit you are making per day. If you have 5 tech deals that never run late, at 100/$3M prices, you probably net about $240k per day in profit. Once this becomes pretty much insignificant compared to your tax collections, you need to start buying up tech.

• 2 weeks later...