New Wonders/Bonus Resources

steeldor

At 75% average hot spot efficiency.

Hotspots are designed to be a bit of a team effort, alliances and groups can work together to get closer and closer.

If you have multiple Moon wonders, then you can move them around and help you locate the hotspot easier etc, so now that you have the Base, getting a Colony or Mine would not only give you the benefits of those wonders, but it will help you get a better return from your Base etc.

So, in theory, someone can purchase one of these wonders and lose money over the lifetime of the wonder.......I really do feel like I wasted 200 million after participating in this conversation.......I dunno..maybe its just me and I'm over reacting but I am very very skeptical at the implementation of these wonders.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming no plunge in NS/Infra etc after buying the wonder, you'd be very unlikely to lose money on the Mine/Colony...

The Base however has been stated several times has small return on its own, but its true purpose is being a doorway to better wonders which give you bigger returns.

Larger nations will benefit more from the wonders, they in essence are building 'larger' bases, larger colonies and larger mines.

Smaller ones, for smaller nations, are thus cheaper, but net them less benefits.

On the questions of how the happiness increases/decreases, and how the effect of the hotspot exactly works, admin says it will be more fun if everything isn't revealed, and those who work out the secrets first will have a little edge.

Did admin consider the fact that this information might affect which wonder we buy in the first place? It's pretty unfair to force us to learn by trial and error when buying billion dollar wonders.. you essentially only get one shot in this case.

One would think at some point the colonies would become self sufficient. The thought behind the design perhaps is that we're not at the level technologically speaking for that to be possible.

Venus would be prohibitively expensive to ever colonize. It would require totally remaking its atmosphere in a way that would make "thickening up" the atmosphere on Mars look like child's play. Mercury would be interesting in terms of a scientific research station, but again, you wouldn't want to ever colonize it.

If you want to look at possible colonizing opportunities beyond Mars and the Moon, orbiting cities would be a logical step, as would mining in the Asteroid Belt. Colonizing beyond the Asteroid Belt would be possible, but then again it's a loooooooooooooong way to Jupiter (forget beyond) and while the view would be spectacular, the cost of establishing viable colonies there just doesn't make sense. Perhaps after the Inner System has its natural resources exhausted? By that point hopefully we're on to at least local interstellar travel and it won't be an issue.

this man took my reply and expanded it so significantly. :D

but, it'd be tough to start a new nation and be on the same planet as guys off searching the cosmos. :o