Is CN going into OUUUTTTERRRRSPPACCCCEEE?

UberSpion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this caters to the "I have !@#$ tons of money for a nation my size just sitting around". I'm not far from that top 5% (could actually break into it right now if I weren't saving for an infra jump), and it would take me forever. I would have to dump ~65 days worth of collection into the lunar colony to buy it, meaning that if I plan to only break even on it, it would need to increase my collection about about 9.2%. The same income percentage boost goes for all of them, and that's neglecting the opportunity cost (I could make the jump from 8k infra to 14k infra for the cost of the Mars colony, an infra increase of 75%)

The short version is that you're saying it's a realllllllllly expensive thing that won't give much, if any, return on your investment. Oh, and it'll blow up after a while with the positive economic benefits sitting on a sliding timer to boot.

I was in the meh category before. Now I'm in the different meh category.

The short version is that you're saying it's a realllllllllly expensive thing that won't give much, if any, return on your investment. Oh, and it'll blow up after a while with the positive economic benefits sitting on a sliding timer to boot.

I was in the meh category before. Now I'm in the different meh category.

It's just something to do, not a return on an investment. I want to build a spaceship because it would be cool, not because it would give me some advantage in the game.

It's just something to do, not a return on an investment. I want to build a spaceship because it would be cool, not because it would give me some advantage in the game.

And that's cool for you. I'm sure there'll be more than a few others that share your POV and go for it. For me though, just meh. I don't see myself ever pursuing either of those wonder lines.

I do want to say that I like the tribute Admin is giving to the 40th anniversary by implementing these wonders. I also want to give them a huge kudos for making both tracks seemingly equal in opportunity. I spent 10 minutes to update my wonders calculator and I came up with the cost to benefit ratio for their development.

After it was all said and done and all of the averages, probabilities, depreciation, NS, and trade sets are taken into account, I have determined that for the Affluent Population, Fine Jewelry, Construction, Steel trade set with Wheat, the Moon mission is the best...

Average Moon-mission daily benefit: $2,276,739.52

Average Mars-mission daily benefit: $2,220,724.47

Thats really freaking close when you consider the relative complexity of each mission and how they are affected by your resource set.

So if you take into account all of the time value of money equations, the Moon mission wins for my nation currently. Hands down. But that is to say it even wins in the first place. For the costs of undertaking these missions, $2.2 million is nothing. I think I will buy most other wonders and build up my warchest a few more months or until another set of wonders comes out... or they take out the depreciation of the wonder (expiration date at least for the bases). Otherwise, if I was a few more months older, and had most military and the SDC wonders, I would totally develop these wonders. They do make money if you look at the entire equation, however its really down to the time value of money and how much a warchest is worth to a nation.

Edited by Kocajj

Calcium - Mined from Lunar surface. Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Rubber, Furs, Spices & Wine that your nation has access to.

Should be higher +$12.00 for the poor buggers who have these resources.

Or you could just fix Furs, Spices, and Wine so they are more desireable in the first place.

Edited by General Vengeance

I do want to say that I like the tribute Admin is giving to the 40th anniversary by implementing these wonders. I also want to give them a huge kudos for making both tracks seemingly equal in opportunity. I spent 10 minutes to update my wonders calculator and I came up with the cost to benefit ratio for their development.

After it was all said and done and all of the averages, probabilities, depreciation, NS, and trade sets are taken into account, I have determined that for the Affluent Population, Fine Jewelry, Construction, Steel trade set with Wheat, the Moon mission is the best...

Average Moon-mission daily benefit: $2,276,739.52

Average Mars-mission daily benefit: $2,220,724.47

Thats really freaking close when you consider the relative complexity of each mission and how they are affected by your resource set.

So if you take into account all of the time value of money equations, the Moon mission wins for my nation currently. Hands down. But that is to say it even wins in the first place. For the costs of undertaking these missions, $2.2 million is nothing. I think I will buy most other wonders and build up my warchest a few more months or until another set of wonders comes out... or they take out the depreciation of the wonder (expiration date at least for the bases). Otherwise, if I was a few more months older, and had most military and the SDC wonders, I would totally develop these wonders. They do make money if you look at the entire equation, however its really down to the time value of money and how much a warchest is worth to a nation.

It's also partly dependent on infra levels. The higher your infra, the more the Moonbase's improved infrabill booster is a factor in its favour.

It says 'when the wonder expires' does that mean the happiness bonus disappears or the entire wonder? If the wonder disappears do you get to build another one?

The wonder disappears at the expiry date, at that time you can choose to rebuild yes.

The wonder disappears at the expiry date, at that time you can choose to rebuild yes.

This to me seems to kill a lot of the use of the citizen storing.

Would there be some way to rebuild your colonies preemptively, thereby saving the citizens you have stored?

For example: Say you bought up to 25k infra at one point and had the citizens from that infra count stored. You go to war get ZIed. You use your stored citizens to good effect and start rebuilding, you get to 5-6k infra. Now your colony expires.

Do you have to build a new colony and lose the saved citizens from your 25k infra point, or is there some way you can say renew the wonder early to reset the expiration date?

Because honestly, I'd pay the money 2-3 months early to make sure I kept those extra citizens rather than having it expire. It seems to me like the colonies and stored population represent a sort of save point, something that gives you a benefit based on how high you got at one point that can't be taken away from you no matter what, sort of like natural growth land (which with the ag wonder actually has a significant effect after a devastating war).

Mm, railroads.

Visions of SMAC fill my head... next after the mars colony, maybe CN will get railroad networks and also an interstellar spaceship wonder. :)

Then again, given how fast units deploy right now anyway, maybe we already have railroads.

No wars in outerspace

We are looking at adding more Wonders down the track.

Military bases on the moon which enhance your earth military are a possibility, but no wars will be fought in outerspace.

Complete and utter failure. Realistically, how do you plan on a bunch of people making moon/mars colonies and not wanting to attack each other? It happens enough on Bob, sometimes for reasons beyond any realm of common sense, so why would nations not try to destroy an enemy on the moon/Mars? <_<

Now while we're on topic, enhancing your Earth military doesn't sound like a bad idea. Inter-planetary nukes/lasers, resource transports, spy drops and all that shizzle could go down well. ;)

Now the truth about the repeal of the Moldavi Doctrine comes out: tired of owning the Red Team, the NPO now plans to own the Red PLANET.

Yes :awesome:

And it's secretly a plan to trim those bloated nations from the game as they will become infected with space plague. Am I right? *nods*

I look forward to seeing the Moldavi Doctrine applied in 38% gravity with space boots and jet packs.

I'm ordering my space jackboots now, they're very styleish. ^_^

Complete and utter failure. Realistically, how do you plan on a bunch of people making moon/mars colonies and not wanting to attack each other? It happens enough on Bob, sometimes for reasons beyond any realm of common sense, so why would nations not try to destroy an enemy on the moon/Mars? <_<

You can attack, but due to the low gravity your army floats off in to space? :P

Now while we're on topic, enhancing your Earth military doesn't sound like a bad idea. Inter-planetary nukes/lasers, resource transports, spy drops and all that shizzle could go down well. ;)

If he had that we'd have wars on Luna, or in short, !@#$%*.

Can't have that now can we? After all it's banned by the word filter.