Coup in Pretoria?

Botha

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUNDREDS DEAD FROM RACIAL UNREST!

5wzh47.jpg

JOHANNESBURG FREE PRESS: Blood flowed in the South Western Townships this afternoon when military troops went on a rampage and slaughtered approximately 1,350 civilians after the nation was shut down by another round of strikes. According to most independent reports, almost all the casualties were native blacks.

The Republican Military Government has kept silent on this lastest round of civil unrest.

OOC: lost two trades

85px-CoA_of_the_RSI.svg.png

Ambassador Vittorio Cerretti, from the Italian embassy in Pretoria, sent a message on behalf of the Italian Provisional Military Government and General Borghese, expressing solidarity with Field Marshal Malan. In the note, Borghese condemned the smear campaign enacted against the Republican Military Government of Transvaal. Campaign enacted by the "So called free press".

Borghese also sent a present to Field Marshal Malan

S019.jpg

Helmet of a corazziere horseman, the "Corpo Corazzieri" (cuirassiers corp) is the traditional guard of the Head of State of Italy.

Edited by Junio Borghese

Does that statement mean that Italy does not recognize the loss of life as actually taking place? to call such a report a smear when innocent civilians have been murdered in cold blood strikes the Republic of Euzkadi as a blatant disregarding of the facts.

Edited by Cataduanes

JOHANNESBURG FREE PRESS: The Republican Military Government of Transvaal released the latest demographic statistics for the nation this morning. Compared to pre-war levels where black Africans made up 80% of the civilian population of the Republic, that number has now dipped below 54% while the number of people identifying themselves as Afrikaners has increased to just over 25%. Anglo-Transvalers now make up around 21% of the population.

The increase in white citizens has no doubt been due to the Republic’s immigration and anti-birth control policies in place, while a look at the causes for the decrease in the native population has more sinister undertones. Educated estimates believe that upwards of 10,500 native Africans were killed during the Karma War - with an additional 6,500 killed during post-war civil unrest and government crackdowns on labour strikes. Another 1,359 citizens – again, mostly blacks – are known to have been deported to Novus Niciae.

In all, over 18,000 natives have lost their lives or been forcibly exiled – a truly massive scale of human suffering in a nation whose pre-war population was just over 50,000. While blame for wartime loses cannot be given, the RMG is directly and indirectly responsible for the death and neglect of almost 8,000 souls.

The latest round of racial unrest comes on the heels of our remaining native population now realizing that it will soon become the minority in Transvaal - with the expected reduction in what little civil and democratic rights they may currently hold under the RMG regime.

At the urging of several prominent Transvalers in exile in Arctica, Vedran makes a public statement condemning the actions of the RMG.

"For months now I have watched Marshal Malan's soldiers make a mockery of the plight of black Africans in Transvaal. Ever since he took power, his army has been crushing every labor protest that pops up, time and again massacring thousands of citizens. Black Africans that were once a majority and were once severely disadvantaged by the Federal Republic, are now being killed in the streets by the thousands. Now families, barely able to feed themselves, are left without fathers and husbands and sons simply because they were unsatisfied with their conditions.

I spoke with the Marshal during his visit to Arctica earlier this month, and I was told that the government could not lessen the grip of authority because they are involved in a social, internal struggle. The social struggle he speaks of is the Afrikaner's struggle to put down his black brother. This is nothing more than an ethnic cleansing campaign under the guise of controlling unrest caused by resource shortages.

I have spoken out against this before and I will continue to do so until the leaders of the world open their eyes to what is really happening in Southern Africa. I urge the nations of the world to place political pressure on the regime in Transvaal before these massacres push the black man into the minority and his oppression at the hands of his white countrymen begins appearing legitimate. Do not let the voice of blacks in Southern Africa be extinguished.

The societies and cultures of the Native Americans have already been destroyed hundreds of years ago, but the destruction I speak of today is going on right now. The countries of the world have a choice in this matter, and I hope you will choose with the future in mind.

Thank you."

Emperor Sergio has made an international televised Message.

"Leaders of the world, Arctica is 100% correct. The current Transvaaler government is a disgrace to Africa. Now they are killing NATIVE AFRICANS. This move is completely against NAPO policies and we cannot just let Transvaal bring Non-africans to southern Africa. Malan is doing nothing but posioning Southern Africa and we can no longer just sit and watch this. Until a regime is change is made we will not recognize Transvaal as a sovern nation. Our southern border with Transvaal is completely shut off. Only persons allowed are NATIVE BLACK AFRICAN trying to escape the dangers of Tansvaal. We have discussed this prior and this final move has final pushed our last buttons. All diplomatic ties are cut off and nothing will leave Serca to Transvaal this point on. Thank you"

After the message the Emperor ordered the immediate removal of any Transvaal foreign unless they apply for citizenship.

After the message the Emperor ordered the immediate removal of any Transvaal foreign unless they apply for citizenship.

"Kak!" exclaimed Uys de Ruijters turning off the radio after hearing the Emperor's speech. "Just as I suspected, we are not safe here remaining in Serca. We must flee back across the frontier into Transvaal, we are safer hiding out underground in the Republic than remaining in exile."

De Ruijters and followers made quick haste to their jeeps.

Foreign minister Hendrik Strijdom and Annetjie van Matteus walked in silence along the corridor at Government House, past the Volksraad chambers and towards the private offices of government officials. It was an unusual pairing, as the two had had their differences in the past.

Although they were some of the most publicly visible civilian members of the Republican Military Government, passers-by tended to ignore them as they hurried to their own concerns.

The two figures walked up to the office marked “F.M. Malan, RMG CIC” and stopped. They looked downwards and then glanced at each other, both taking a deep breath before Strijdom turned the handle. They both walked into the office where Field Marshal Petrus Malan was waiting for them.

The self-styled Commander-in-Chief of Transvaal ushered them in, shaking their hands before he resumed his seated position behind his heavy oak desk.

“What is this urgency you both wished to express?” began the Marshal apprehensively.

Van Matteus spoke first, cautiously. “Sir, myself and Foreign Minister Strijdom have some reservations about recent international perceptions of the RMG. We believe that our nation is facing a real crisis at hand as more and more states begin to pull their diplomatic missions and isolate us. The Sercans have just suspended relations with us and practically closed the border. The Arctican ruler has issued a statement denouncing our government’s policies”

Strijdom then interjected “I suspect that it is only a matter of time before they too sever diplomatic relations with us again.”

“What?” bellowed Malan. “After all I did to give back those specks in the Indian Ocean to them and my visit there a few weeks ago, they would have the gall to cut diplomatic ties with us after promising not to?”

“Yes sir, that is our belief” replied Strijdom.

Annetjie van Matteus fidgeted in her chair, before saying in a low voice: “Sir, it is our opinion and those of our civilian ministers in the RMG that a public timetable should be announced by you regarding the end of the junta and the resumption of full civilian rule.”

Malan stood up. “But I have said that would be considered in November!” yelled the marshal.

“We understand that, sir – but we feel that you should speed up the timetable. Considerably. After all, our technological level has returned to pre-war levels and our infrastructure rebuilding is not too far behind.”

Malan drew himself back in his seat, asking “How soon you mean when you say ‘considerably’?”

“The end of August, if not sooner” said Strijdom. Van Matteus nodded slowly in agreement. “Of course elections could still wait for November but there would be a period of civilian transitional rule to prepare for elections then.”

“And then what? What would happen to me?” queried Malan.

Van Matteus and Strijdom looked at each other, before Van Matteus answered “that could be decided and dealt with in an appropriate manner by someone appreciative to your contributions to our Republic.”

Malan saw where this was going. Gruffly he said “I see, and I suppose that you both are suggesting that I should hand over power to one of you?”

Van Matteus blushed slightly, but Strijdom sat unemotionally. Van Matteus smiled and then replied: “After all, sir, both myself and Mister Strijdom do have prior experience in the topmost level of power in Transvaal.”

“Yes, and both of you didn’t have illustrious records while in government either” snorted the marshal. “You there woman, who shot up people on national television! I am no saint, far from it, but that’s something even I can take credit for not stooping to.” Malan’s gaze then focused on Strijdom. “And you Hendrik, you got yourself thrown out of office by your inability to keep a lid on our blacks.”

Van Matteus straightened herself up. “Sir, please don’t get us wrong. We both support your policies for Transvaal – however we feel that they need to be carried out under the radar – so to speak – of the foreign press and observers. We would both agree to carry on your legacy of whiteification until its conclusion – however we would handle it a lot more subtle.” Strijdom nodded in agreement.

Malan then stood up, indicating that the meeting was over. “I have heard enough! I shall consider your views and if I feel there is any validation to them, I shall act accordingly. But for the meanwhile I need both of you to remain vigilant and strong in your duties as members of this government.” His eyes then narrowed down. “After all, we are all thieves in the same break-in, so to speak. Do not think for a moment that I will carry the sins of the RMG on my cross alone. You by your collaboration are also implicit and bear some burden. Remember that when you get your hopes up for power.”

Malan then gave a single, sweeping wave. “Get out of here.”

The Blue Dragons quietly made contact with members of the Democratic Barracks Party still in Transvaal, few though they may be.. as well as some leaders in the Black Ethnic community. They made an offer, Money and Guns if they provide the manpower to bring the Dictatorial government to its knees and raise a democratic banner over the country that will grant equal representation to all its occupants.

The weapons provided would be built and constructed to Transvaal designs so it would appear they were of domestic fabrication and would be provided in very secretive shipments through the brewery.

The Republic of Euzkadi will accept any Black political refugees wishing to seek asylum, we will also provide support for any such exiles to continue their fight for democratic rights and racial equality. We cannot abide such genocidal policies and urge our fellow Europeans to condemn the actions of Transvaal's current government.

The Blue Dragons quietly made contact with members of the Democratic Barracks Party still in Transvaal, few though they may be.. as well as some leaders in the Black Ethnic community.

Frederik Geldenhuys and Paul Cruywagen from the Demokratiese Barakke Party would be willing to meet with the Blue Dragons from the safety of the Transvaal Embassy in Arctica where Mr. Cruywagen is stationed as ambassador.

As for the leaders from the black African community, the most notable is Judith Matambanadzo who is also currently in exile in Arctica.

If there are any opposition groups still operating inside Transvaal, they are underground and pretty much disorganised, local operations which would difficult to locate (due to government arrests).

The round-about method of contact would have to be used them. One of the agents went to meet the representatives on Arctica. Secrecy was paramount and urged.

In regards to contacting the DBP, as long as your agents can get into Arctica, then the easiest method is simply making an appointment with Ambassador Cruywagen at the Transvaal embassy. Likely if it is specific to the DBP then party leader Geldunhuys will also be in attendance.

He could probably arrange a meeting with Matambanadzo using the embassy as a safe house - although she has not been too politically active since fleeing Transvaal. Most blacks fleeing the nation have been first and foremost concerned with their immediate survival - while those whites which are in exile as opposition usually have the means and luxury of political activity.

Ambassador Cruywagen and party leader Geldunhuys were both contacted by agents of an "unnamed sympathizer" who wanted to meet with them at the Embassy in Arctica. An appointment was requested.

Though it is not detailed, if the appointment was granted they would arrive by regular passenger jet with professionally falsified identity documents indicating their origin being the Italiana Republic. Since they are there as apparent tourists, and they would behave as such.. their approach to the Embassy would likely go unnoticed.

Ambassador Cruywagen and party leader Geldunhuys were both contacted by agents of an "unnamed sympathizer" who wanted to meet with them at the Embassy in Arctica. An appointment was requested.

"Italy is fascist" remarked Frederik Geldenhuys, somewhat confused.

"Oh well, we have nothing else on our agenda, so let's meet with them for amusement sake. For all we know it could be some of Malan's stooges trying to provoke us" said Paul Cruywagen.

"Exactly, that is what I am worried about" said Geldenhuys.

If the Dragonisians' disguises were good enough to pass through standard security measures (as Arctica's security measures were not too stringent) then they would not be bothered by the authorities.

Due to Arctica being in disagreement with the policies of Malan's ally Junio Borghese, the 'tourists' would be granted a visa valid for a few days only, which was more than likely enough time to make arrangements with the exiled Transvalers.

"Kak!" exclaimed Uys de Ruijters turning off the radio after hearing the Emperor's speech. "Just as I suspected, we are not safe here remaining in Serca. We must flee back across the frontier into Transvaal, we are safer hiding out underground in the Republic than remaining in exile."

De Ruijters and followers made quick haste to their jeeps.

General Arban expected an overreaction by Uys de Ruijters. General had the cabin blocked off right after the Emperor finished his message

"Gentleman remain calm you are not in danger of being deported to Transvaal. In fact even if you wanted to run you couldnt. Any and all entrances into transvaal is completely shut off. No way in and No way out. The only way out is being deported and you wouldnt want your government to find out you are hre would you?"

General Arban expected an overreaction by Uys de Ruijters. General had the cabin blocked off right after the Emperor finished his message.

De Ruijters felt like a mouse cornered by the house cat. He slipped into his Van Zyl persona and said "Would you have any isssue with uss leaving by plane for Europe? We feel our causse cannot be maintained by remaining here in Sserca."

At least the soman is still safe, thought De Ruijters. That was close.

The Dragonisian intelligence officers, dressed as tourists from Republic Italia, quietly pressed the button on the intercom at the gates to the Embassy of Transvaal in Arctica. "We're here."

The "tourists" were let into the embassy compound and made their way to the main building. Looking at the two signs marked "Visa applications ==>" and "<== Appointments", they headed off towards the corridor to the left of the main foyer.

"Can I help you?" asked the main reception clerk.

De Ruijters felt like a mouse cornered by the house cat. He slipped into his Van Zyl persona and said "Would you have any isssue with uss leaving by plane for Europe? We feel our causse cannot be maintained by remaining here in Sserca."

At least the soman is still safe, thought De Ruijters. That was close.

"Well then that would be fine. Your airline ticket will be purchased and wherever you wanna go you can."

"Ambassador Cruywagen and party leader Geldunhuys should be expecting us." One of the agents would take off their bowler hat and hold it in his hand quietly while explaining.

The clerk looked at them conspiratorally and then made the motions of checking the leather-bound appointment book on her desk.

"Ahh, yes - here we are... pleas proceded down the hall to the third door on the left."

As soon as she spoke, two armed guards stepped forward and search the tourists for any firearms on their possession. Finding none, the tourists then made their way to an office marked "AMBASSADOR CRUYWAGEN".

They knocked gently and then opened the door.

Ambassador Paul Cruywagen looked up from his desk. Sitting off to his right was another man, in his 50s. From photographs previously seen, the tourists recognised him as Frederik Gelndenhuys.

Cruywagen uttered in his distinctly deep and grave voice "Enter, please come in."