A Question

Dylan Lusk

Well, I've read through a bunch of pinned topics, and I'm still not sure where to post this question. I hope I'm in the right place, and sincerely apologize to moderation if I'm not.

My question is this:

I've seen and read several times where people on the same network will be deleted. I completely understand that decision, as I'm sure people abused it quite thoroughly. I have a somewhat unique situation though, and didn't see anywhere where this had come up. A friend and I will be rooming together next year. This means we will be on the same network. But, we both already have well established nations. Mine is over 200 days old, and he recently had his one year anniversary. We have never been on the same network, and never logged in from each others computers. For that matter, we have never even aided one another that I can remember. We are in the same alliance though. We can easily prove that we were created and existed on separate networks. If we begin to log in to CN once we move in together, even if we never aid one another, will we be deleted? If so, I understand why, and it's why I'm asking now before that happens :).

If the answer is yes, I would ask that the CN team possibly reconsider this policy. I'm not asking for an exception just for me; I'm asking for a policy that allows any nations that can provide proof of not being multi's to be able to do so. This seems like a situation that wouldn't necessarily arise often, since proof can be given. If this isn't possible, I also understand and respect that. Thanks for your time :)

The reason the multi policy stands as it is today is because multis were so abused in the past, and providing proof that mutli-ing isn't occuring is a bit easier said than done. If you start trading/aiding between your nations, or war on the same target, you'll be most likely marked for deletion. However, coming from a college campus myself, if you take care not to interact with other nations on the same network, you can generally avoid getting your nation deleted.

The reason the multi policy stands as it is today is because multis were so abused in the past, and providing proof that mutli-ing isn't occuring is a bit easier said than done. If you start trading/aiding between your nations, or war on the same target, you'll be most likely marked for deletion. However, coming from a college campus myself, if you take care not to interact with other nations on the same network, you can generally avoid getting your nation deleted.

We actually aren't on a college campus, but off campus in an apartment. Our college actually provides a unique IP to each port, even within the same room. It's pretty nifty.

Like I said though, I understand the policy and why you have to do it. Thanks!