CIS Response to Phetion

CISBanner.png

Consider this the official CIS response to Phetion's earlier statement.

The CIS's charter defines only two officials with any power to actually make something happen. Those members are KasMage and Zocane. It has been weeks since I have spoken to either. My powers as the Prime Minister are somewhat limited by their open-endedness, as you can see with the following excerpt from the most recent June government appointments.

Gen Beagle will return to the Master Council as Prime Minister. As Prime Minister he will be responsible for handling any emergency situations should the High Magistrate and High Chancellor be absent, managing our foreign affairs, and assisting the High Magistrate and High Chancellor in their duties.

I for one say this qualifies as an emergency. Phetion decided to go outside the protocols for reform to create drama, then run away from the mess he created. I understand his motive but cannot condone his actions. Due to the current position of the CIS however, we hold no grudge.

The CIS has failed thus far. We have failed in part due to circumstances that are "out of this world" if you will. (Read: OOC issues regarding availability of a steady internet connection for KasMage.) My own failings as a government member are personal, and I won't attempt to excuse them. I haven't had the desire to lead in a long time, and my position as Prime Minister was ceremonial at least, and an advisory role at most. No one, especially me, ever expected that I would need to make real decisions. And I dropped the ball.

As of this time, I have yet to make contact with The Order of Halsa to confirm our treaty is still active, but CIS has not activated the cancellation period and wishes to believe that The Order of Halsa will stand by us in our hour of need.

I won't guarantee CIS's survival. But I will guarantee that I will give an honest attempt to stabilize CIS.

Gen Beagle,

Prime Minister

I think the issue at hand is that they may very well be at that point.

This is correct. Our government was set up so that KasMage and Zocane could call all the shots. Technically, I still answer to them, but neither of them are around to issue instructions. I'm not cut out for real leadership, and Phetion's coup sorta worked; I lost about 4 members to his efforts. I'm just gonna try and hold it together a few more weeks in hopes that Kas's (OOC: ability to access the internet regularly) improves.

Don't worry Gen, our treaty is fine, and I will be glad to inform that we will stand along side you. CIS is a great place and it is sad to see that some idiotic person would even try to mess it up. Gen, stay strong and optimistic, do the best you can. Just remember, Halsa is always here for ya.

o/ CIS

This is correct. Our government was set up so that KasMage and Zocane could call all the shots. Technically, I still answer to them, but neither of them are around to issue instructions. I'm not cut out for real leadership, and Phetion's coup sorta worked; I lost about 4 members to his efforts. I'm just gonna try and hold it together a few more weeks in hopes that Kas's (OOC: ability to access the internet regularly) improves.

If your alliance is crippled by one person's inactivity, no matter who it is, there is something inherently wrong there.

If you were in the NSO, frankly, you wouldnt have that problem.

If your alliance is crippled by one person's inactivity, no matter who it is, there is something inherently wrong there.

If you were in the NSO, frankly, you wouldnt have that problem.

Not necessarily true. As a very small alliance, CIS doesn't need 5 layers of leadership, that'd make half the alliance gov. If the only people running the show are Zocane and KasMage and they're not around, that doesn't have to be a problem. It became a problem when one guy wgot loud about it. If KasMage and Zocane can only come around every week or every other week right now, and the people they have attracted don't mind, it's their alliance and there's no requirement about how fast an alliance has to grow, how many posts there should be on its forum per week, etc. I left CoJ for a little over a week, sure it halted things, but Kent was fine by himself, and things were technically "crippled" by my absence.

Not every alliance gets 200 fanboys on its first night.

Edited by Schattenmann

Not necessarily true. As a very small alliance, CIS doesn't need 5 layers of leadership, that'd make half the alliance gov. If the only people running the show are Zocane and KasMage and they're not around, that doesn't have to be a problem. It became a problem when one guy wgot loud about it. If KasMage and Zocane can only come around every week or every other week right now, and the people they have attracted don't mind, it's their alliance and there's no requirement about how fast an alliance has to grow, how many posts there should be on its forum per week, etc. I left CoJ for a little over a week, sure it halted things, but Kent was fine by himself, and things were technically "crippled" by my absence.

Not every alliance gets 200 fanboys on its first night.

If I'm not mistaken, admin has brought down his wrath on Zocane and banished him from Planet Bob. This happened a while ago and he was never replaced. The failure of fake cis shows the incompetency and greediness of Zocane and Kas Mage. To make an alliance with no process for replacing the leadership in the event of inactivity (which is a recurring issue with Kas Mage) is pure idiocy.

Fake cis should just listen to its members and let things end.

I still would like this to disband immediately. It shames the name of the old CIS.

While I agree with the second half, I still would like to see CIS give it a last go. The Confederacy of Inactive States will hopefully be turned around soon enough.

Halsa will stand by CIS in your hour of need. Halsa wouldn't leave a friend just because they are going through a bad time.

Our treaty still stands and will help you out in anyway that is needed.

It wasn't just one members inactivity it was many problems with the government officials that caused the issue at hand here.

The CIS has failed thus far. We have failed in part due to circumstances that are "out of this world" if you will. (Read: OOC issues regarding availability of a steady internet connection for KasMage.)

If KasMage knew he was having problems, why didn't he appoint someone else to replace him?

Which four members were those? :blink:

I left last.

I'm not going to attempt to stop you trying to rebuild something of CIS, I'd like to see you succeed. I'd rather you not slander me however.

I specifically stated this was not a coup. These are the resignations of the aforementioned 4 members which I caused to leave.

cello chik: Posted: Jul 19 2009, 02:45 PM

its been real, its been fun, just hasn't been real fun tongue.gif

anywayz i resigned a few days ago, but i forgot to post so here goes.

gl everyone, im joining loud

Earl McMann: Posted: Jul 13 2009, 07:51 PM

Due to the inactivity, lack of camaraderie, and lack of drive to forge a strong community, and to push this alliance to the top of the Cyberverse, I hereby resign from my duties as Minister of Trade and Finance as well as my duties as a CIS member.

Regards,

Earl McMann / Khalai Protoss

EDIT: Title should be Resignation.

RoyMcMann: Posted: Jul 15 2009, 05:03 AM

It is with great sadness that I make this post.

I came here, full of hope and drive, and I leave here crushed. What was once a promising young alliance now lays dormant. With those few words, I hereby resign from all positions, titles and duties I had in the Confederacy.

o/

Best of luck,

Roy

Jache: Posted: Jul 15 2009, 05:35 AM

Yeah like the other people said im leaving CIS for the reason of inactive, and no new growth. I don't think i need to add anything else.

Im willing to pay back the 9 mil in aid handed to me if i need too but pm me on CN

Signed

-Jache

Now, my post on the OWF:

'Jul 19 2009,[/b] 09:11 AM' post='1702304']

I'd rather not drag this out any further but I felt I needed to defend myself against your blatant attempt to try to pin the blame on me.

Good luck with CIS Gen.

Looks like rough sailing for CIS.

Like I mentioned in Phetion's post, I believe anyone, no matter how small, can survive as long as they band together in the tough times and not abandon the project simply because things are looking dire.

"It is always darkest before the dawn."

Gen Beagle, looks like it's up to you to assume the mantle of leadership and steer this alliance to better waters. If you have conviction, then I have faith you can do it.

Good luck CIS.

Edited by Kzoppistan

The reason that I left, in addition to the reasons in my post on the CIS forums, was because Kasmage was gone for so long and nothing was getting done. (OOC: I can't blame him for spending time with his family.)

Zocane's nation was deleted, so that didn't really help matters either. :/

Gen is a great leader, but he just doesn't have the drive to lead anymore, as he stated in the OP. That doesn't make him a bad member of CIS; he was a GREAT member.

GE, our MoW, is nowhere to be found.

Roy McMann, Jache, Ptricky, and cellochik left for most of the same reasons as myself.

Just an update from a former member to clear up any confusion about why people left CIS.

Edited by Khalai Protoss