This Week in iFOK

Good job, choice picking one quote that could be portrayed as making iFOK's intentions look bad, and ignoring everything else. As someone who knows what is going on, I assure you we're not intending to break the unity of any sphere that we do decide to move to.

I hope that, should we move to Purple, the alliances already on Purple will be able to overlook the ignorant ramblings of a spy, and welcome us as friends. We are not interesting in causing conflict.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, choice picking one quote that could be portrayed as making iFOK's intentions look bad, and ignoring everything else. As someone who knows what is going on, I assure you we're not intending to break the unity of any sphere that we do decide to move to.

I hope that, should we move to Purple, the alliances already on Purple will be able to overlook the ignorant ramblings of a spy, and welcome us as friends. We are not interesting in causing conflict.

I would welcome you to purple and be willing to overlook these screenshots, I mean these are obviously selected and there is no way of knowing that those statements expressed in the screen shots are the opinions of iFOK/stickmen as a whole. in my opinion that is

If this spy had seen that the entire thread was like this then obviously the entire thread would be on here imo

EDIT: besides the real reason u would come to purple is the nice purple unity sigs :P

Edited by Matthew The Great

I don't understand why iFOK didn't discuss moving to the epic win that is the aqua sphere.

Getting a seat by any means necessary on a one of the strongest spheres doesnt work for them.

Also, moving colors to try to get a senate seat is now a crime.

Getting the seat with the use of force if necessary seems reasonable to you?

The Purple Team isn't unified? I have been on Purple before and trust me, it is the most unified sphere ever. Though M*A*S*H fought against the Hegemony in the Karma War, they are still friendly to other Purple alliances and vice versa. If you truly want to move to purple, I suggest you at least join P.E.A.C.E. There you can make new friends with other alliances and benefit economically too.

The analysis of the political situation in Purple in those posts is somewhat interesting.

Ain't it tho?

Having been resident on Maroon, Green, Brown, & now Purple, I've got to say, I've found the most prosperity on Purple for the long term. Brown was nearly impossible to get long term trades on. We liked Green, didn't care much for the Bilrow Doctrine, even though we set up before it went into effect.

As for the political 'instability' of Purple, I haven't seen it. Although we've had our differences with various Purple brothers, it NEVER broke out into gunfire.

Thank you, Flonker.

I'm also wondering why anyone thinks that iFOK believes Purple is not unified. Those screenshots gave me the opposite (and presumably correct) impression. Be honest, it's a real stretch to say that anything in those shots, which are obviously cherry picked, show that iFOK or Stickmen as a whole are intending on being a problematic entity on Purple. Other than the fact that iFOK would not join PEACE or Poseidon or whatever Purple bloc was mentioned.

Well, maybe not iFOK, but assuming the screenshots aren't falsified (an assumption I'm not yet willing to make) this is the one that makes them say that.

ifok6.png

Point taken, but it's one screenshot, and it doesn't exactly say that Purple is not unified, only that it's not the most unified sphere. The thing about "realpolitik", I don't know enough to comment on with any certainty, but at first glance it seems that Purple has a lot of fairly similar minded alliances, who are very much intertwined politically. I don't see a lot of realpolitik there.

Getting a seat by any means necessary on a one of the strongest spheres doesnt work for them.

I didn't see anywhere in any screenshot that an iFOK member said that they would use force if necessary to gain a senate seat. Nor did I see anything about "using any means necessary."

Ain't it tho?

Having been resident on Maroon, Green, Brown, & now Purple, I've got to say, I've found the most prosperity on Purple for the long term. Brown was nearly impossible to get long term trades on. We liked Green, didn't care much for the Bilrow Doctrine, even though we set up before it went into effect.

As for the political 'instability' of Purple, I haven't seen it. Although we've had our differences with various Purple brothers, it NEVER broke out into gunfire.

Heh. I was kind of mad when you all weren't same side as the rest of us at first. But I remembered (after being mad for a spell :P ) that freedom means people are also free to make choices I don't/won't like. I lost sight of what was important.

You stood with your friends, which is worthy of respect. You are still part of our family. I am glad of that, as you all have been a fine addition to our team. :)

Purple has been quite stable for some time now. I don't know where the 'instability' idea comes from. It is pretty wild to see how other folks perceive us though. Definitely interesting, to say the least.

I read your post. I am a little uncomfortable still, having read those screens. Perhaps some were poorly worded, perhaps some were just one member's opinion. I am willing to extend benefit of the doubt, as you have always come across as straightforward and credible to me.

If you do decide on purple, I hope that you will join in the spirit of cooperation that exists here. Our unity is something that is very important to us, as it has taken a great deal of time and energy on the parts of all the major alliances and many of the smaller ones as well. It is part of what is attractive to many folks that have moved here in recent months, and something that we hope will continue to bring prosperity to our sphere.

I didn't see anywhere in any screenshot that an iFOK member said that they would use force if necessary to gain a senate seat. Nor did I see anything about "using any means necessary."

Seems pretty clear from this, its very strongly implied answer to a question that they will call in their allies to either win or retain a senate seat on purple.

purplee.png

edit: Purple is always happy to have new alliances join our sphere if their intentions are peaceful.

Edited by Alterego

You say Purple isn't unified iFOK, but the only way to make it un-unified is if YOU join. Instaed of starting a power struggle on Purple, go somewhere else. It's not like Poseidon doesn't have any allies too. Just because they were Hegemony, doesn't mean they don't have any allies with other Karma alliances.

Seems pretty clear from this, its very strongly implied answer to a question that they will call in their allies to either win or retain a senate seat on purple.

purplee.png

What I see there is a statement saying that if existing purple alliances attempt to prevent Stickmen/iFOK from attempting to gain a senate seat using force, that they have the available allies to protect them. I don't see anything overtly aggressive about that statement.

You just made me flash back to 2007, and now I feel old. Curse you. :P

At least Schattenman had style. I didn't even bother to read this. tl;dr?

Rebecca hacked Maka's account and decided to SS all the stuff bad mouthing Purple and everyone else. Now, I do wonder how much good stuff was said about the sphere's that we didn't see because Rebecca focused on the negative stuff.

What I see there is a statement saying that if existing purple alliances attempt to prevent Stickmen/iFOK from attempting to gain a senate seat using force, that they have the available allies to protect them. I don't see anything overtly aggressive about that statement.

They have a quarter of the nations of Poseidon alone, never mind the rest of the PEACE nations. In order to gain a senate seat without entering into the PEACE rotation system, they would need to either gain Purple votes from outside of the Stickmen, or have PEACE members not vote for our candidates for senate.

Yes it sure did. Made it look like a move to Purple to spite alliances already there. However cherry picked screens are stupid. If you choose to come to purple, then welcome :)

And why would we do that? Because they don't join PEACE? By all means, they all are welcome to come to the sphere and are welcome to partake in the unity we have. If they feel like trying to throw a wrench in the whole thing, that's fine too. All of them are sovereign alliances and can make their own decisions. By assuming we would attempt to block them getting a senate seat and alluding to the use of force to attain it is insulting. As was said earlier, it isn't like those of us on purple don't have allies elsewhere too.

All of this is really just over reaction to be honest. I highly doubt any of this would ever lead to an actual war. Either Stickmen will move to purple and be friendly with all of us, and welcomed, or they will be dicks and none of us will give them the time of day. Simple as that. They don't have to cooperate, talk with or even associate with any of us, but being in an alliance as I formerly was that floated off on a different path than the rest of the sphere, being the pariah on a sphere isn't fun. Especially when you happen to like the alliances that now hate your guts.

Stickmen/iFOK, come on over, enjoy yourselves and get to know us on the sphere. I have a feeling you will like what you see and we can all get along amicably.

Edit: Also, see Haflinger's ninja post above mine. Damn ninja's :wub:

Edited by Wentworth the Brave

Rebecca hacked Maka's account and decided to SS all the stuff bad mouthing Purple and everyone else. Now, I do wonder how much good stuff was said about the sphere's that we didn't see because Rebecca focused on the negative stuff.

Most of the arguments to me seemed to say "If iFOK/Stickmen aren't moving to -color- they hate everyone on that color.

Apparently the only option is to have an un-unified alliance in order not to be discriminatory towards any color.

:ph34r: