Pax Pacifica - Take Two.

Madame Unicorn

Greetings to our potential treaty partners. The Pax Pacifica is intended to promote peace and economic growth in the pacific, and to strengthen ties between the signing countries. We have reason to believe that the old Pax Pacifica treaty, initiated by a great man, had lost its strength.

We want to reunite countries and help each other to grow so the Pacific may become strong once again.

Signatories of the old treaty are please asked to resubmit their applications for admittance, stating whether they would like to be a Pacific Central Nation(PCN) , or a Pacific Holding Nation (PHN) - Explained below:

Pax Pacifica

This treaty set out to maintain peace in the pacific, allowing them privileges to disarm potential strife and enable greater economic growth within this region.

Clause One. Non aggression. Signatories of this pact agree to not initiate states of war nor engage in covert or overt military actions against each other.

Clause Two. Mutual defense. Signatories of this pact agree to aid and defend each other in the instance of a foreign attack in the pacific region.

Clause Three. Intelligence. Signatories of this pact agree to share any and all knowledge they have pertaining to the national security of other signatories.

Clause Four. Trade. Signatories of this pact agree to allow other signatories free access to their internal markets.

Clause Five. Waters. Signatories of this pact agree to allow all vessels from other signatories passage through their waters.

Definition One. Pacific central nation: A nation with more than 50% of their landmass in or within 500km of the pacific ocean, and holding pacific oceanic coastline.

Definition Two. Pacific holding nation. A nation with any territory that is within or with pacific oceanic coastline.

Pacific central nations can sign all clauses, Pacific holding nations can only sign Clauses One, Four and Five.

Amendments: The treaty can be amended by a simple majority of Pacific Central signatories.

New Signatories: New signatories can be added with a simple majority of Pacific Central signatories in favour

Where as, if a signatory has broken the letter or the sprit of this Pax, then they may be expelled with a 2/3rds majority.

Deadlock: In the case of deadlock, Annihilation, as founding member, casts the deciding vote.

We thank all countries for their applications in advance, and hope all members of the Pacific will endeavour to apply to this Treaty.

The signatories are as listed below, grouped according to status:

Pacific Central Nations

Signed for Annihilation

Madame Unicorn,

Commander in Chief of Annihilation.

Signed for The Nation of Selenarctos,

IKrolm, Benevolent Dictator For Life

For the Republic of Aiginor,

Kyle Lucas

President of Aiginor

Gabriel Bevan

Vice-President of Aiginor

Signed for Ney Cymru,

General Kent Archer, Triumvir

Joshua Williams, Triumvir

Michael Gaunter, Triumvir

Pacific Holding Nations

For the Empire,

Maelstrom Vortex

For the Tahoe Republic

President Sean O'Deaghaidh

Prime Minister Kieran Kelly

Foreign Minister Darragh McDonnell

For the Holy Imperium of Mankind,

Imperator Kevin Holihan

Consul David Martinez

First Councilor Albert Pearlstein

For the Promised Land

Westly Davies, Supreme General

Edited by Madame Unicorn

Very well, though our status as a member of the original Pax Pacifica should be enough, we will give you the information.

Aiginor seceeded from the Hanseatic Commonwealth, peacefully, about 7 months ago. Since then our population has boomed to 40 million people. We are a Republic, with all the expected Freedoms. And we are in Australia, which is considered part of the Pacific, no? To be precise, we are here:

Aiginlocal.png

Edited by Arkantos

The Empire wishes to continue as a Pacific holding nation. The Empire also suggests central members vote to move Promised Land to Observer Status for its use of biological weapons until such time as the war criminals responsible for the attack are presented and Promised Land allows its labs and intelligence facilities to be inspected to assure the abolition of the stock of said weapons.

Signed for The Nation of Selenarctos,

IKrolm, Benevolent Dictator For Life

The Empire wishes to continue as a Pacific holding nation. The Empire also suggests central members vote to move Promised Land to Observer Status for its use of biological weapons until such time as the war criminals responsible for the attack are presented and Promised Land allows its labs and intelligence facilities to be inspected to assure the abolition of the stock of said weapons.

Selenarctos has already condemned Promise Land's use of biowarfare, however since the attack was not against a Pax Pacifica nation we feel there are insufficient grounds to move Promise Land to observer status. Furthermore, while this would be a futile gesture as Promise Land is only a Pacific Holding Nation, it does set up a precedent for the removal/demotion of nations simply because one member state does not like what another does. Finally, the Dragon Empire is not currently a member of Pax Pacific and as such must be approved before it may rejoin and submit proposals.

Edited by iKrolm

We welcome Aiginor as a PCN.

We welcome New Cymru as a PCN. However we need your signature.

We welcome Selenarctos as a PCN.

As such, we will allow the Dragon Empire PHN. If you will, your signature please.

Thank you all for applying.

Although technically capable of signing as a Pacific Central nation due to more than 50% of our landmass being within 500km of the Pacific Ocean (that is quite the distance, by the way), we are not comfortable with the MDP portion of this treaty and therefore will sign as a Pacific Holding Nation, while reserving the right to upgrade our signature.

For the Tahoe Republic

President Sean O'Deaghaidh

Prime Minister Kieran Kelly

Foreign Minister Darragh McDonnell

Austervania, being a pacific nation with all of it's holdings within 500km of the Pacific Ocean, would like to sign on as a pacific holding nation, as we are also not comfortable with the MDP portion of the treaty.

Please provide details of your pacific holdings.

Austervania, being a pacific nation with all of it's holdings within 500km of the Pacific Ocean, would like to sign on as a pacific holding nation, as we are also not comfortable with the MDP portion of the treaty.

OOC: Which nation are you, Austervania which is the name on your factbook links, or the Kingdom of Normandie which your links point to?

Promised Land wishes to re-submit, and update, its signature as a Pacific Holding Nation.

***Classified to Maelstrom Vortex***

All right. that's enough. Stop this at once--and tell your underlings to quit hounding me and mine, especially over issues already being dealt with. I have enough headaches to deal with already!

~Subtleknifewielder

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The Holy Imperium of Man qualifies as a Pacific Central Nation; however we would like to submit our application as a Pacific Holding Member. If you would look at the holdings of the Imperium, our nation covers wide swaths of land both along the pacific coast and within 500 kilometers of said coast. In addition, our possession of the Intercontinental Canal grants us a special relationship with all of the world's oceans.

For the Holy Imperium of Mankind,

Imperator Kevin Holihan

Consul David Martinez

First Councilor Albert Pearlstein

Promised Land wishes to re-submit, and update, its signature as a Pacific Holding Nation.

***Classified to Maelstrom Vortex***

All right. that's enough. Stop this at once--and tell your underlings to quit hounding me and mine, especially over issues already being dealt with. I have enough headaches to deal with already!

~Subtleknifewielder

*** Classified Response ***

"We have a policy of escalating diplomatic pressure until results are achieved where such important issues as war crimes and bio weapons attacks are concerned. If you are truly researching this issue and making progress, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are not... it won't be pretty. I trust that you are."

All signatures have been added and/or updated.

Promised Land have advised that they are to be at Observer status, and we thank them for not causing any complications.

I would like to advise you all that petty arguing will NOT be tolerated here... If there is a serious dispute between nations I would like you to bring it up with all of us...

*** Classified Response ***

"We have a policy of escalating diplomatic pressure until results are achieved where such important issues as war crimes and bio weapons attacks are concerned. If you are truly researching this issue and making progress, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are not... it won't be pretty. I trust that you are."

***Classified response***

"Well, then, change your policy. It isn't making my job any easier."

Promised Land have advised that they are to be at Observer status, and we thank them for not causing any complications.

I would like to advise you all that petty arguing will NOT be tolerated here... If there is a serious dispute between nations I would like you to bring it up with all of us...

Observer status? Apologies if this seems trivial, but that's not what we were led to believe Pacific Holding nation meant.

Viniland will re-submit its application to the Pax Pacifica as a Pacific Holding Nation

For Regno de Vinilândua:

Vicente d'Albuquerque, Monarch

Pasquale Bianchi, Prime Minister

Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs

The Vinilandese Parliament

We still need to vote on Imperium of Mankind's entrance and, should a Pacific Central nation propose it, a vote for Promise Land's demotion would seem prudent. Also, Subtle's right, Pacific Holding does not mean observer status: Pacific Holding nations can vote on member expulsion.

The Nation of Selenarctos votes yes to the Imperium of Man.