Nexus Announcement

As JJ stated saying you fought alongside one another in Karma would have been sufficient. There was really no need to resort to d**ch*baggery *shrug*

I don't see it as resorting to d**ch*baggery. Like pretty much everything else that has to do with us, it was all in good humour B). If we caused any offense, it wasn't intentional, so, apologies if it caused any.

Edited by Roosterton

:v: Guess some people have too much serious in their business. *shrug*

Solidus: You know, fighting one's way out of the paper bag is highly overrated anyway. Paper bags keep your head dry in a rainstorm, they help you carry stuff, and they're biodegradeable! Plus, a paper bag can be burned for heat in a pinch!

I remember when a certain individual poured his heart and soul into creating Nexus, only for it to turn on him. I remember collecting information from a Nexus signatory which lead credence to it supporting a political coup of a (former? so long ago..) signatory.

I guess what I'm saying is the Nexus is a two-bit bloc of microalliances which couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag, and has less stature than a Mexican wrestling midget.

Oh yeah. Hail.

We could be here all day trading stories of what happened in the past. I happen to be a firm believer though in leaving the past in the past, where it belongs, so please take your bile elsewhere to chew on.

Amazing Solidus, you've managed to make a completely irrelevant reference to the NEXUS of quite a spell back. Congratulations. Tell me, did you have nothing better to do today than to dig up some old history that, you admit yourself, could well have no relevance at all to the NEXUS of today?

I do believe the original poster "started it".

805_image_04.jpg

Also, The Independent State of Militaria is a microalliance. None of NEXUS's alliances are.

I don't even call a one-man alliance a microalliance. Alliance generally implies a positive/beneficial relationship between two or more parties. But now we're just arguing semantics.

Also, yes you all are. I look forward to an equally childish riposte in the future, Veneke. emot-colbert.gif

I remember when a certain individual poured his heart and soul into creating Nexus, only for it to turn on him. I remember collecting information from a Nexus signatory which lead credence to it supporting a political coup of a (former? so long ago..) signatory.

I guess what I'm saying is the Nexus is a two-bit bloc of microalliances which couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag, and has less stature than a Mexican wrestling midget.

Oh yeah. Hail.

Solidus117.... you're one to talk about turning on people right? Now let me think about what you are claiming. Ohh, it comes to mind rather quickly. Yes, the leader and the MoFA of a Nexus signatory were insulting and badmouthing the other signatories, and other things which are not suitable for "allies". Part of the discussion got out, and when confronted about it they continued to insult and kick/ban Nexus gov members who wanted a clarification of the issue, not to mention being cussed out by the MoFA.

If turning on said alliance at that point is a horrible act as you seem to believe then shame on us, otherwise be quiet.

As for your other insults, Nexus has honor. Something you haven't known well in the past.

o/ Nexus

Great to see expansion, and off brown too! Never thought I'd see that.

Oh yeah. Hail.

I do believe the original poster "started it".

I don't even call a one-man alliance a microalliance. Alliance generally implies a positive/beneficial relationship between two or more parties. But now we're just arguing semantics.

Also, yes you all are. I look forward to an equally childish riposte in the future, Veneke.

Oh yes. We must all bow down to the mighty Solidus. Because based on your current alliance affiliation, you have so much experience in blocs, large alliances, what's good and what isn't, and bloc history.

Like several others have been saying, the past belongs in the past. May we remember the past so that we don't make the same mistake in the present. You bashing people about the past, on the other hand, has no place in this thread, so I kindly ask you to move along unless you scrounge up something semi-constructive to say.

In terms of being able to fight or not...

Have you considered that raw numbers aren't the only thing that make an alliance/bloc? That maybe, trust for each other, actually being friendly with one another, and being supportive, competent, and tight-nit helps a lot? Although in raw numbers we aren't strong, at the current moment we're amongst the strongest in what I listed above. That, I believe, is what makes up a good alliance in Cybernations, not just having a lot of people. So please, maybe you should get to know NEXUS leaders and their personalities, before jumping to the conclusion that we're weak because we don't have many people.

Oh yeah. Hail.

If you're talking about the individual I think you're talking about, then you've got it the wrong way around, the individual turned their back on Nexus. Neither was there ever anything like a coup.

And I think the signitories of Nexus care about friendship more than stature, unlike a certain alliance that abandoned its friends when a bloc with more stature was dangled infront of it.

Congrats to the first non brown alliance to join Nexus!

That's actually not true. Two out of the four original signatory alliances were not on brown: -AiD- and OFS. But hail none the less, I will not let over a year ago's crap make me troll this bloc.

Saw this after I posted, so as to not make another post, added it here.

If you're talking about the individual I think you're talking about, then you've got it the wrong way around, the individual turned their back on Nexus. Neither was there ever anything like a coup.

No, you're wrong. If I do remember correctly, a former alliance signatory merged with another former alliance signatory that merged into a curent signatory treated a different signatory MoFA quite badly, thus making the man who poured so much into the creation of Nexus feel the need to cancel. So if anybody turned their back on anybody I'd say it was the alliance that treated the other signatory's MoFA quite badly. And I would say getting the alliance leader's admin access removed while in power as a coup ;).

Edited by Emperor Jason

Solidus117.... you're one to talk about turning on people right? Now let me think about what you are claiming. Ohh, it comes to mind rather quickly. Yes, the leader and the MoFA of a Nexus signatory were insulting and badmouthing the other signatories, and other things which are not suitable for "allies". Part of the discussion got out, and when confronted about it they continued to insult and kick/ban Nexus gov members who wanted a clarification of the issue, not to mention being cussed out by the MoFA.

If turning on said alliance at that point is a horrible act as you seem to believe then shame on us, otherwise be quiet.

If that's your interpretation of events, you haven't been told the full story.

As for your other insults, Nexus has honor. Something you haven't known well in the past.

Please explain. Unless you can attribute factual material to support this, please desist your ad hominem attacks upon me, lest I result to e-lawyering and silly latin phrases! Oh sh-

Oh yes. We must all bow down to the mighty Solidus. Because based on your current alliance affiliation, you have so much experience in blocs, large alliances, what's good and what isn't, and bloc history.

Quite. I have no experience interacting with blocs, especially BLEU, One Vision, Agora. I don't want to getting into a pissing match about who has more experience with what, primarily because it serves no purpose for this line of arguement. Also, don't flatter me by bowing - it'll go straight to my head!

Like several others have been saying, the past belongs in the past. May we remember the past so that we don't make the same mistake in the present. You bashing people about the past, on the other hand, has no place in this thread, so I kindly ask you to move along unless you scrounge up something semi-constructive to say.

I will move along, but I ask you to review the OP and see where history was brought up.

Have you considered that raw numbers aren't the only thing that make an alliance/bloc? That maybe, trust for each other, actually being friendly with one another, and being supportive, competent, and tight-nit helps a lot? Although in raw numbers we aren't strong, at the current moment we're amongst the strongest in what I listed above. That, I believe, is what makes up a good alliance in Cybernations, not just having a lot of people. So please, maybe you should get to know NEXUS leaders and their personalities, before jumping to the conclusion that we're weak because we don't have many people.

I didn't say you were weak in spirit, I said you were weak militarily. Omission of fact does not mean I said the opposite.

At least you're courteous, Roosterton. :)

I do not care for the past of Nexus, because I was not around for it. I do care for the present and the future of this bloc. I stand here and look at our allies and I am content, I would bleed for them, and them for me. We are brothers in arms, sure we may be small, but I could not wish for a finer company people to stand with.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother.

Leave the past buried gentlemen, lest it cloud your judgement of the present.

1. If that's your interpretation of events, you haven't been told the full story.

2. Please explain. Unless you can attribute factual material to support this, please desist your ad hominem attacks upon me, lest I result to e-lawyering and silly latin phrases! Oh sh-

1. I've been told the wrong story? I'm sorry. But YOU have been told the wrong story. You think I just heard about all this. I was LEN gov at the time, cannot recall whether I was a consul or ToFA at the time. So truly, I know the story. YOU do not. I personally was k/b from the chan and cussed out by the MoFA so don't tell me I don't know the story.

2. BLEU, mutual defense yay. Oh sh-- Polaris is gettin rolled, zomg 1V wants us? Really? Sorry BLEU.

3. kthxbai, you lose.

o/ Nexus

Honor > Infra

1. I've been told the wrong story? I'm sorry. But YOU have been told the wrong story. You think I just heard about all this. I was LEN gov at the time, cannot recall whether I was a consul or ToFA at the time. So truly, I know the story. YOU do not. I personally was k/b from the chan and cussed out by the MoFA so don't tell me I don't know the story.

As an interested observer of the situation at the time (yes, I was there too! SHOCK! HORROR!), I was made privvy to the details of the event. You have your version, I have mine.

2. BLEU, mutual defense yay. Oh sh-- Polaris is gettin rolled, zomg 1V wants us? Really? Sorry BLEU.

3. kthxbai, you lose.

o/ Nexus

Honor > Infra

I can see I'm working with a master of wit and irony here. I capitulate!

3. kthxbai, you lose.

o/ Nexus

Honor > Infra

Hmm yeah I'm gonna have to agree with my friend Sol here. You aren't remembering it right. I don't think you were KBed at that moment in time while allies or cussed out. And you most definitely were not a consul, cause it was Jewel and Daemon. And oh yeah it's real honorable for an ally to let other people troll an ally's alliance and gov members, not do anything about it and tell them to, and then when they do kick them for it. And then treat your ally's MoFA like complete crap for no reason. Yeah LEN was really honorable. Get your facts straight.

You can continue to spew your lies EJ. Matt backed you up and so Solidus will without question. The truth speaks for itself. Give up. And I do remember it right, you blatant hatred of LEN and OTF either distorts your memory or is enough to make you lie. A large part of LEN gov was k/b from your chan by you personally. Don't tell me I don't remember. It wasn't until a while later, weeks, maybe months, that I was able to rejoin #AiD. You/Matt/Solid vs LEN/OTF. I know who to trust, and who has more honor.

Goodbye.

You can continue to spew your lies EJ. Matt backed you up and so Solidus will without question. The truth speaks for itself. Give up. And I do remember it right, you blatant hatred of LEN and OTF either distorts your memory or is enough to make you lie. A large part of LEN gov was k/b from your chan by you personally. Don't tell me I don't remember. It wasn't until a while later, weeks, maybe months, that I was able to rejoin #AiD. You/Matt/Solid vs LEN/OTF. I know who to trust, and who has more honor.

Goodbye.

You are right, I did KB a lot of LEN gov personally. AFTER Nexus was canceled. And don't be ridiculous, it was not months. And anyone who would trust you is out of their mind. You were one of the people in LEN that decided oh hey let's be a jerk to our ally's MoFA for no reason. You, Jewel, Shakyr, Illum, and many others. That's why I KBed you. Only thing that stopped me was Nexus. Most people would agree trolling your allied government as dishonorable.

No, you're wrong. If I do remember correctly, a former alliance signatory merged with another former alliance signatory that merged into a curent signatory treated a different signatory MoFA quite badly, thus making the man who poured so much into the creation of Nexus feel the need to cancel. So if anybody turned their back on anybody I'd say it was the alliance that treated the other signatory's MoFA quite badly. And I would say getting the alliance leader's admin access removed while in power as a coup ;).

Please, a little IRC fight that no one really gave much thought to is not a reason to leave a bloc, I've had bigger arguments in my own alliance. Most of the problems came after you left. And there was no attempt to even resolve the issue, as far as most of us were concerned it came out of the blue. I talked to Matt several times about the reasons and not once did he mention anything about your treatment.

And getting a leaders admin access removed? What are you talking about? Anyway I'm out, PM me if you want to carry on.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

I will move along, but I ask you to review the OP and see where history was brought up.

The jokey lines in the OP and the uninformed bile that you are spouting have absolutely no similarities. Frankly these desperate attempts at raking up old graves expose you as nothing but a stirrer and an ignorant fool.

Quite. I have no experience interacting with blocs, especially BLEU, One Vision, Agora. I don't want to getting into a pissing match about who has more experience with what, primarily because it serves no purpose for this line of arguement. Also, don't flatter me by bowing - it'll go straight to my head!

All I was saying, was that, from your current alliance affiliation, you aren't in much of a position to criticize us. End of story.

Eh? The only history mentioned was the good times we had together, and other than that, the RDD/Karma war thing. (which has already been brought up and replied to.) The reason we brought up history (Good history, mind you) was to show how the relationship between NEXUS and TheFed formed.

I didn't say you were weak in spirit, I said you were weak militarily. Omission of fact does not mean I said the opposite.

Alright, fair enough. I'm certainly no military expert, and I'm not going to pretend to be one. so I'll leave that to someone else to answer. ^_^ Just note that we have a good amount of allies, so it's not like we'll get steamrolled at the first sign of a war, which is what you were making it sound like we would.

At least you're courteous, Roosterton. :)
Oh well, at least Roosterton was polite. Refreshing and appreciated :)

Too many compliments. My ego is going to multiply soon. >.<

Edited by Roosterton

girlfight.gif ITT

Anyway, congratulations on your new addition Nexus.

I think I need to concur with my friend Mayzie on this one.

Then number of 'a certain person' statements and 3rd person references has left me slightly confused and feeling that this entire disucssion is rather uneccessary.

Good job to NEXUS though, Fed is a good addition and I wish you all the best.

Please, a little IRC fight that no one really gave much thought to is not a reason to leave a bloc, I've had bigger arguments in my own alliance. Most of the problems came after you left. And there was no attempt to even resolve the issue, as far as most of us were concerned it came out of the blue. I talked to Matt several times about the reasons and not once did he mention anything about your treatment.

And getting a leaders admin access removed? What are you talking about? Anyway I'm out, PM me if you want to carry on.

That was the only way I could convince Matt we should cancel it, plus we were unhappy with where things were going. And you're right, a little IRC fight is no reason to leave a bloc. But the continuous mistreatment of an allied government member for over a month, about a month and a half really, is. And Matt was gone for a few days before an election that was not supposed to happen, and before it was over AiD got the forum founder to remove his access, while still the leader of -AiD-. Again, most people would say that is couping your leader.