Bruðersschlachtun

Kaiser Martens

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Was it broadcasted? I thought this was all in his country.

OOC: All it says is a man walking up to a microphone, nothing about private or secret or classified or "staff only" or anything. In fact, it almost seems to me like a major speech given to a large amount of people. Like an entire nation full of people.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: No, it was not broadcasted. But either way Dietrich is rather deranged, he still would not care.

OOC: thanks for clearing it up, but I still would imagine that a major speech like that would be leaked out by one of the (presumably) hundreds or thousands in attendance. just pointing silly things like that out :v:

in any case, the speech was completely expected, though good writing.

• 2 weeks later...

He was sitting there in his usual, well-known uniform as he smoked a local cigarette, not bothering a soul. It was in the night, yet it seemed as if a dim day due to the extreme northern location, and so Martens removed his cap to scratch his hair for a moment, looking around the empty street. In time, a young couple come walking by, and spot him - of course, recognizing him right away. But they seem uneasy as he looks towards them and smiles. They feared it to be a trap set up by the government, as it continued to hunt Martensists down. Disturbed, they cross quickly to the other sidewalk just in front and hurry along. Martens grins and continues smoking quietly...a vehicle - a military patrol - comes driving in the distance.

They notice him and slow down rather quickly right in front of him. Relaxed and calm, he continues to deal with his cigarette. It was a small vehicle resembling an old Kübelwagen, and the three soldiers on it look at each other, confused as they look back at Martens and talk among each other. The Kaiser sitting there seems to be amused and looks at them with a smile, and finally when one of the soldiers adjusts the neck of his uniform and starts to approach, the first Nordlander's smile begins to fade when he finishes the cigarette, letting the filter drop into a trenchcoat pocket.

The young Soldiers are clearly nervous, and so the one who moved closer tries to clear his throat. Martens asks, "Ja?"

"...Sir, I have to arrest you. Martencism is banned in Nordheim as ordered by the Interim President."

-"How old are you? Where are ya from?"

"Sir, that is irrelevant. You must come along now."

-"Are you going to shoot me, Soldier?"

"...If I have to."

Then, Martens reached into an inner pocket of his trenchcoat. The Soldiers tense up and ready their Assault Rifles - "HALT!" - But their warning is ignored. He ends up taking out a small box of cigarettes, and he asks, "You guys want?" Moving the little box closer to them.

"........."

Martens puts the box away as he asks, "So tell me young man, how many of your Comrades have you killed? Surely you have done a terrible job. But it is not too late for you to change your ways. Or do you think you'd get a medal for getting me?"

The young Soldier hesitates, and after moments of confusion looks back to the other two on the vehicle, nodding to them. They stand and aim a pair of rifles towards Martens, as the first Soldier himself got out handcuffs. "...You're coming with us."

Martens' smile dissappears in a second as his gaze becomes much more serious. He rises and removes his glasses, showing his red orbs. Staring with determination to the Soldier's eyes, he states, "No."

Tension had suddenly filled the air, and the young one hardly knew what to do. Just the fact that Martens showed no fear seemed to be enough to reverse the effect back at them. After awkward seconds, many other figures begin to emerge from an alley. It seemed to be many other "Martens", sharing looks and uniforms. Only these were armed, and had also Stahlhelms. The Soldiers were suddenly outnumbered and had to drop their weapons, while the first Martens comments,

"This is the new Silver Revolution. Your days are numbered. We will still accept a surrender. Tell that to your President, alright?" And as he speaks, the other two Soldiers are swiftly executed. The gunshots at this point no longer cause any neighbors to peer out of the window, such executions are a daily thing - yet ussually the Government is the one doing them. The one Soldier is allowed to live, in a hurry he does as he know he must and leaves the area. Over the next days, Martens Sightings would become widespread in Mainland Nordheim. But this time it was not here and there, it appeared as if there were many different Martens in different locations, and also sometimes groups of up to one thousand "Martens Batallions" would converge to hit different targets.

The "Official" Government was enraged. Reports of these Martens kept pouring through their phone lines nonstop in many locations. They would manage to inflict casualties on them, however, they appeared to know when to act and where in order to avoid major confrontations. The Government had struggled hard, and had used a lot of Lead to try and pacify the population. But the situation was quickly breaking down again.

"Sir, we have reports that a Martens has sabotaged an Ammunitions Depot"

"Sir, another group has ambushed one of our scout groups and seized an armored vehicle!"

"A Martens Fallschirmjager has vandalized your new Democracy Monuments!"

"A widespread riot is reported downtown!"

-"Ah FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!" The President slams his hands down on the table in despair, the police and militia being constantly overwhelmed.

------------

Back at the Baltic...

"So do you think that then this may be a good time to try and move back there?" - Asks Heimdall to the other ends of the large table. The Valkyries watch but do not comment at first, and the air in the bunker smells definately recycled, the place having a mostly sterile look. He moves his eyes to each person, including the Military Advisors. Finally Heike shakes her head, "We have been over this several times. We had built Coastal Fortifications which were too strong for our own good. Nobody even did try to get in. Now we are trapped outside ourselves and they know it. They cannot outright crush the Martens because they continue to understand how important it is to man the fortifications right."

-"We have to try and do it sometime. If we do not make a move sometime soon, it will be all too late. They cannot last forever. What about the Einherjar in Asgaard?"

A Valkyrie shakes her head, "Not enough. Asgaard is surrounded. However in a way they are still useful, pinning part of their army to guard it. That is why the Martens have some success without being crushed overnight. They cannot come to try and finish us off because of it. I feel as if the inevitable is being postponed. It is only a matter of time until some Government decides to help the Democrats."

Dietrich tilts his head. "We should speak to the Gebivians at Manneligia."

They turn their attention towards him, and then he goes on.

"I am aware that they are trying to disrupt their thing. Manneligia is an important port city. Maybe we can reach them and arrange something. They are having horrible times. The Slavs seem to pester them constantly, and the Government has also gotten their noses in. They may be willing to help us."

-"How do you know all this?" Asks Heimdall.

"I sent a friend to speak to them."

Manneligia, Mainland Nordheim

This one was the real one. Martens, dressed in an all-black suit with even a black shirt, and not a hint of any other colors on his clothing approaches an expensive house, wearing additionally a simple old-style hat and red sunglasses. Combined with his pale skin, he subtly had combined the Nordlandic and German colors. He is seen nodding and speaking to the entrance guardians, and then moves inside...

He removes the sunglasses and hat in sign of respect as he steps into the Mediterranean home, of evidently very high class. As his shoes signal his stepping across the wooden floor, he moves to shake the hand of a man in a suit, and then past two more guards enters a large living room, where several men are conversing. They look at him, a new face. Anolder, experienced yet healthy man sits at a large armchair not far, and raises a hand in a gesture for the other ones to be quiet. "Say hello to our friend."

Obediently, all underlings but one comply. Martens replies, "Buona sera." - Apparently, he could speak Italian, and the rest of the conversation would be held in it. He moves closer and nods respectfully to the boss. "I need to speak to you, old comrade."

-"Si, of course." Then, he signals for the other ones to leave. Doing so quickly, the room is then closed. Only Martens and the two eldest are still there. He takes a seat and looks at them before asking, "How is business as of lately?"

"You know how it is. You see it with your own eyes. This...Government if you call it...they have no respect...they do not respect codes and honor...they are going to take down the General's monument...then they will take us down ourselves...and packs of Slavs roam the streets...the Government lets them do what they want here if they obey elsewhere...we have been...eh, what is the word?" He asks to the advisor.

"Sold out." The Advisor replies - "Yes, sold us out." - Finishes the boss.

Martens nods a few times very slowly, understanding. He smiles. "That is disgraceful. You have seen we are working to correct that. But we need your help."

-"Our help? But what can we do? Our power diminishes by the day...we are men in funny suits...almost. If we colaborated with you...you know how this works, Tedesco."

"But you are speaking like a frail Nonno already..! Have they softened you? A few years ago I know you would be the first one to grab your shotgun and start making offers. Hah!"

They smiled for a moment. It was unusual to hear them speaking in such informal manner. Few had such privilege. The Boss sighs and nods, "When you were Kaiser and when we had The General! Those were other times. Now swine spit on your name and on the poor that adore you. Ma what will change? I know I am in your debt. But do you want Papa to roll in his grave?"

Martens grins. "We need Manneligia to be opened. We have gotten large amounts of troops and transports. But the Coastal defences we cannot handle. We need you to clear them and open the port. Then we go in. This time we will win. You will be the Capo that saved Nordheim."

The old man interrupts, shaking his head. "Or the one that destroyed our family." And then motions his advisor closer, who begin to speak. Martens crosses one leg over the other comfortably. After some minutes, the Advisor speaks. "Our every moved is being watched. If we helped you, it would be suicide."

Martens frowns. "I suppose you are indeed only loyal in the bad times. Further generations will not blame you, for they will not remember you."

The Boss sighs, "Michele, they have my family on the sight. They know I will protect them...and because of that that I will not dare help."

Martens rises. "As long as they are in power, your blood is already dead. I have time. I will be back when you understand."

No more words. He exits the room, puts his sunglasses and hat back on and leaves the area briskly, annoyed and dissapointed. Just in time as he walks through the street to see the large Mannelig Monument being defaced, the writing removed, the statue itself being taken into a garbage truck by a large crane. The Gebivian flag is removed and replaced for the Democratic Nordheim banner. Several people are watching. Another monument to the dead in the Gebivian war is removed, along with the flowers left by it. Some people cry. Martens balls his fists in anger, watching. Another plan may need to be evaluated.

----------------------------------

"Laangschiffur är bereida. Vï fahrun zi Östun"

"I had been making preparations for just this case. One cannot say that sometimes paranoia can be mixed in with accurate predictions. We have played this game too long. Contact has been made. Lets begin."

------------------

"Are you sure about this? This is not looking good at all."

-"No I am NOT sure. Do you HAVE a better idea?"

"..."

-"Map says we should be here. Er, there."

"Well, now what?"

-"Sh. Silence." Then, Heinrich clears his voice and begins to speak in a very solemn voice, while Dietrich watches skeptically,

Ik gihorta ðat seggen

ðat sih urhettun - ænon muotin

Hiltibrant enti Haðubrant - untar heriun tuem

sunufatarungo - iro saro rihtun

garutun se iro guðhamun - gurtun sih iro suert ana

helidos ubar hringa - do sie to dero hiltiu ritun!

Öpne mï Þörunar! Eg Nordmann för Länder mina kämpfun vill! Befehl eg dï för blud unsera!

Then they wait. The sound of the waves continues, crashing against the stones, and Dietrich shakes his head. "You expected this to work? But an old legend. Heh. We look like two deranged Sidurfags standing here waiting for a wave to wipe us out, yelling old Nordstuff! Hah!"

-"Oh knock it off!" Heinrich hits Dietrich lightly in the back of his head. "Have some faith in yer land! My stuff is always right! I didn't travel Mainland for nothing!"

More waves, and some of the droplets from the crashing reach them. At least the scent of the sea itself was pleasant. Some of the rocks appear to break, while others appear to move. Seemngly out of nowhere, rocks connected to mechanical hydraulic "arms" move to clear the way and show a great metal gate, which begins to descend into the floor, showing only plain darkness inside. Heinrich smirks at Dietrich while fixing his glasses. "Faithless kid. Where would Nordland be without you?"

-"In civil war?"

Dietrich grimaces, "Point taken. As you know, the Italians, following their ancientmost traditions, have capitulated and refused to take part in the struggle. But then I spoke to some other guy who told me about this."

Dietrich opens his eyes widely as lights turn on at once to show them the vastness of an underground bunker, submarine hangar AND military depot. They begin to walk forward looking around, the ventilation systems activate and a voice speaks, "Welcome."

While the younger warrior looks around, he notices several flags on the walls. Old ones. Flags belonging to the old Germanic-Roman Reich, from Martens' early days. "Schwarz. Silber. Rot. They never DO go out of fashion."

The one with the glasses nods. "They never will. Now if the source is right, we should have enough to get the party started here. Get Heike and Heimdall."

Nearly a hundred Submarines. Nearly a hundred underwater carriers. And an especially large Submarine, labelled Polarstern, much like the old warship, but this one seemed to be a "Prototype" version if you will. Technicians would have to do some work before they could all sail.

Heimdall later nods. "They work. They work alright. But we do have a problem. We hardly have enough fuel. Maybe we can take it all on a trip to Central Nordheim. But we do not have enough to have tactical choices, or maneuvering. All we can do is go forwards. I think that the one who prepared this did not consider any other type of approach."

Dietrich nods, "That is because it was made in a time where warriors were braver. The ships have the fuel that they need, we do not need french debauchery and polish retreats. I would say that the amount of fuel is perfect."

"Perhaps. But we may be risking too much. Those engines were built to be reliable, but it's still been well over fifty years. We will try to make it work. Some of the technology they use there is more advanced than what we have now, and we are having trouble performing maintenance for something from the past that is closer to the future."

------------------------

OOC: I'm just gonna be the local !@#$%^& here, but you have no ingame navy, and even if you did these submarines would not magically appear out of nowhere if you so desire. And the amount of them is ridiculous . I don't even know what an underwater carrier is supposed to be.

OOC: I'm just gonna be the local !@#$%^& here, but you have no ingame navy, and even if you did these submarines would not magically appear out of nowhere if you so desire. And the amount of them is ridiculous . I don't even know what an underwater carrier is supposed to be.

OOC: He's not killing another nation with it. I say that as long as he doesn't use that navy in an international war, he's fine.

OOC: I have to agree with this. It creates continuity problems, because what happens to all those submarines when he goes to war with someone?