Next war?

mhawk

Aggressive wars over minor CB?  

424 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now, earlier in the thread you said something along the lines of "what injustices have been done are nothing compared to those of the Hegemony. No EZI, no eternal war, no viceroys, etc." I think you're doing exactly what I did... Rationalizing it by saying "it's not as bad as what someone else did", "it could have been worse", "I've seen worse", etc. I'm not saying that "Karma is the new Hegemony", just that "the Hegemony did worse" isn't an excuse for the Echelon terms or for this potential war.

-Bama

I'm not rationalizing anything. I wouldn't ever do that. I've turned on friends and allies in the past when I didn't agree with them. I don't make excuses for friends if they are being ridiculous.

I am completely unsure how you rationalized things like Viceroys, mass PZI's, near eternal wars, and constant beatdowns. Care to share?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be annoyed with Mhawk, but you sure did not miss an opportunity to launch an unwarranted slant at Sparta.

We are involved by supporting an ally. Just because Mhawk says we are evil and pushing around the little guy now that he's not there to "defend them" does not make it so. Taking his bias into account, no - I do not believe his OP servers as sufficient reason to think we are throwing any weight around.

Can you actually afford another war?

We sat and said nothing because we were committing the wrong. We were doing the stupid !@#$%^&*. We have already made the mistake. We've paid for it, with over a month of bitter war, and likely some harsh terms to come.

We don't need anybody else going through the same thing. Learn from The Phoenix Federation's mistakes.

One thing:

TPF still associates itself with an alliance that hasn't learned from it's mistakes...

OT:

Seems like you make a mountain out of a molehill.

I was pretty hammered last night and wasn't online so I'm not sure how active this topic still is, but my guess is we'll attack some 100 man alliance with about 5 people over 20k because they accidentally recruited one person who was in our applicant AA and was getting raided. We won't worry about finding a diplomatic solution...I mean hey, as long as they don't have diplomatic ties everything is ok, right? Oh you know what else I should do? I should register all the IRC channels that would make sense for them to use since they're not very experienced and haven't used it before. I bet their forums are run poorly, so I'll go register and read everything I can.

You know what would make it even better?

How about once we absolutely wreck this alliance, we ask for 2k tech as reps for all the terrible damage I'm sure we'll take.

You're so full of !@#$ mhawk. Let me know if I left anything out or just go back to posting "TPF is still at war" topics to make yourself feel better.

EDIT: Hungover spelling is hungover

Edited by rsoxbronco1

:lol1: This thread is soo laughable. Thanks Mhawk and Bama :lol1:

On a more serious note..... This game Is cyber nations and WAR is one of the Main Aspects of the game. So wouldn't it be feasable to say that there will NEVAR be peace thru out? Hmm if there was eternal peace I will quit the game cuz then what fun would it be?

Any way good laugh thanks again.

*spelling suck atm been up for over 24hrs and took a sleep aid :blink:

I'm not rationalizing anything. I wouldn't ever do that. I've turned on friends and allies in the past when I didn't agree with them. I don't make excuses for friends if they are being ridiculous.

I am completely unsure how you rationalized things like Viceroys, mass PZI's, near eternal wars, and constant beatdowns. Care to share?

I said I rationalized some things and just stayed quiet about others.

-Bama

Now that I've read this thread, I'll add a couple things since most of you mouth-breathers can't seem to get out of your own way.

We've had people recruit from us before. It happens. Sometimes it's an issue and sometimes it is not. I think the recruitment of our Minister of Defense warrents some kind of response. If you somehow think the message sent was anything but a recruitment letter, step away from your computer because you shouldn't be drunk posting. (kilkenny, wanna join Athens?)

Sparta is completely uninvolved on the military side of this situation. GtG was helping as a mediator with TOOL because he knows them much better than Athens knows them. If we wanted to throw our weight around, we could, but that's not our style.

Now that I've read this thread, I'll add a couple things since most of you mouth-breathers can't seem to get out of your own way.

We've had people recruit from us before. It happens. Sometimes it's an issue and sometimes it is not. I think the recruitment of our Minister of Defense warrents some kind of response. If you somehow think the message sent was anything but a recruitment letter, step away from your computer because you shouldn't be drunk posting. (kilkenny, wanna join Athens?)

Sparta is completely uninvolved on the military side of this situation. GtG was helping as a mediator with TOOL because he knows them much better than Athens knows them. If we wanted to throw our weight around, we could, but that's not our style.

So wait... It was only ONE recruitment message? Not several? I doubt the guy even knew it was your MoD, judging by the PM he's very new to CN. You almost declared war over one recruiting message to your MoD. Good Lord, that's some serious warmongering. Hate to break it to you, but that happens every single day. I remember when I was in TOOL, we had this new guy who didn't filter his results for "none" and sent recruitment messages to 20+ alliances, including gov of some pretty big ones. Not one of them even thought about war. But apparently Athens can't take one mistake.

-Bama

So wait... It was only ONE recruitment message? Not several? I doubt the guy even knew it was your MoD, judging by the PM he's very new to CN. You almost declared war over one recruiting message to your MoD. Good Lord, that's some serious warmongering. Hate to break it to you, but that happens every single day. I remember when I was in TOOL, we had this new guy who didn't filter his results for "none" and sent recruitment messages to 20+ alliances, including gov of some pretty big ones. Not one of them even thought about war. But apparently Athens can't take one mistake.

-Bama

I've gotten so many recruitment messages over the years, and I simply write back explaining the situation and ask them to stop. In those moments I must have misplaced my "Big Bad Ebil Hegemony Handbook" that we used to make standard issue in IRON. Oh well, to each their own I suppose...

-Bama

Thanks for knowing all. I wish I had your oracle of a mind. They knew who they were recruiting...for walford's sake, they're a splinter alliance. We're pretty sure there have been other recruitments, but we don't have solid proof so we're not bringing them up. Maybe if they weren't denying it things would be a bit less stressed.

And you can drop the war mongering drama. This happened over 2 weeks ago so please don't make it sound like some mad dash to war. Sorry that doesn't fit your ideal timeline, but hey, go ahead. Keep making rash generalizations and assumptions.

-Bama

I remember that as well :(, if you are talking about the same thing.

From what I am reading it looks like Mhawk prevented a war by posting this poll.

Methinks you have possibly found the motivation of this thread good sir.

Thanks for knowing all. I wish I had your oracle of a mind. They knew who they were recruiting...for walford's sake, they're a splinter alliance. We're pretty sure there have been other recruitments, but we don't have solid proof so we're not bringing them up. Maybe if they weren't denying it things would be a bit less stressed.

And you can drop the war mongering drama. This happened over 2 weeks ago so please don't make it sound like some mad dash to war. Sorry that doesn't fit your ideal timeline, but hey, go ahead. Keep making rash generalizations and assumptions.

rsox, you know I love you.

Now- If this happened over two weeks ago, then why was it a big mess for the past two days? And from what I've heard, every loophole was attempted to be exploited. That doesn't sound like the Athens I used to know. I've gotten recruitment messages from noobs before, and when I see the one that player sent out, it looks horrible. Do you seriously think the Government would sanction a message like that? Second, to me, it looks like a stupidly worded message, that can be perceived as either an invite to the forums, or a recruitment message. It said maybe five lines, and nothing about the alliance, simply the forums. That's not a typical recruitment message for me, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Regardless of the intent of the OP, the post and the subsequent opinions and remarks of the CN community might have force the parties involve to seek a more civilized way in ending a dire situation. Good job all.

Regardless of the intent of the OP, the post and the subsequent opinions and remarks of the CN community might have force the parties involve to seek a more civilized way in ending a dire situation. Good job all.

Uh, did you not see the wars that are already happening? I'm not sure what you're talking about.