Tulak 'Wins' another one.

Auric the Merciless

Auric, I've always respected you for your commitment and dedication to Sparta. But being in internal affairs for so long, you'd think you'd realize what is important to keep, well, internal.

For those who are reading this post, do remember, there are two sides to every story. It isn't my job to tell these stories, but its not like Auric was the knight and shining armor whereas Tulak is the great big beast as Auric is trying to depict it.

Best of luck, any alliance is lucky to get you.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hereby resign from Sparta due to Tulak's abusive nature. He abuses his power and his underlings, and I simply cannot put up with him. Maybe if he would sober up once in a while he would be different.

Anyone looking for a very active and detail oriented person that has run the Sparta Academy for over a year and been Ephor of Internal Affairs for nearly that long?

AHAHAHAH Auric how do you like it?

I like you, Auric, so I'm not gonna be a jerk, but tulak has been the same tulak since before I started playing...

I'm gonna have to agree. When I was an Ephor in Sparta before Tulak was King, I feel like he acted the same way he does now.

Not really all that surprising. Tulak did the same thing with VeryNormal* earlier this year. Having to deal with that situation was very unpleasant.

*Name changed to protect the innocent.

He tried to coup Tulak. You expected us to react differently?

I've known Tulak for the full 3 and a half years that I've been playing this game. He's the reason I rejoined after I left and I have more respect for him than any other Cybernations player. It's unfortunate that you two hate each other because he really is a good guy Auric and you're pretty cool yourself.

Not really all that surprising. Tulak did the same thing with VeryNormal* earlier this year. Having to deal with that situation was very unpleasant.

*Name changed to protect the innocent.

I love the hilariously thinly-veiled pseudonym. haha.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Auric was always a very dedicated and hard-working Spartan. It is sad to see him go and especially with bad blood. Sometimes people butt heads and if your working relationship was as bad as it seems this was probably inevitable. I think that posting this here was probably not the best way to handle it but I assume you were pretty upset as I know you've put a tonne of effort into Sparta.

I wish you the best wherever you land, Auric, and I agree with Hiro that Auric would be a big asset to any alliance out there. Wherever you go, I'll expect to seem them profitting. heh.

EDIT: Shout outs to former and fellow Spartans here.

Finally we can crush all those wild theories that Tulak was actually a nerdy straight-edge kid who just pretended to be drunk to be cool. :)

Edited by Drostan

I was kind of under the impression that getting cussed out by a drunken leader on IRC was a rite of passage, really.

Impero is more of a goofy drunk than a surly drunk, but yes, its a mark of seniority, you are still new till you've seen a drunken Impero on late night IRC :D

Wow, you sure did edit out alot. Unfortunately I did not care enough to post on it.

You are (were) in Sparta and Sparta is now at the top of the world. The pressures there are great and your leaders are probably now beginning to realize that. Of course their will be changes in leadership style.

Sparta is not on top, as that would imply they do something. Sparta is merely there. Also, there is no excuse for leaders being abusive to their members. If they are unable to control themselves then quite honestly they have no business leading anyone.

Suck it up and don't whine here. If I was looking for a quality member, I sure as hell wouldn't go after someone who felt the need to come cry in public because some big ole mean drunk (:rolleyes:) made fun of you. It really speaks volumes about your character, to be quite honest. Be professional and move on without smearing people.

Suck it up and don't whine here. If I was looking for a quality member, I sure as hell wouldn't go after someone who felt the need to come cry in public because some big ole mean drunk (:rolleyes:) made fun of you. It really speaks volumes about your character, to be quite honest. Be professional and move on without smearing people.

I think it says more about the leader who gets drunk and cusses out his members. (if that is indeed what took place)

-Bama

You are right, I shouldn't have put that bit about 'sobering up' in the first post. Likely I shouldn't have posted any of this. But I was angry. :)

It will all blow over eventually, and it's just a game, after all. If I got that angry about treatment in a game, I need to re-evaluate things a bit. But hey, you sure find out who your friends are when something like this happens. Even if you dare not acknowledge them publicly because they would get in trouble. You also find out that some folks you might have considered to be friends are not really.