Tulak 'Wins' another one.

Auric the Merciless

I hereby resign from Sparta due to Tulak's abusive nature. He abuses his power and his underlings, and I simply cannot put up with him. Maybe if he would sober up once in a while he would be different.

Anyone looking for a very active and detail oriented person that has run the Sparta Academy for over a year and been Ephor of Internal Affairs for nearly that long?

EDIT: After 3 yrs I see now that I was a bit too full of myself - Sparta was the best Alliance I have ever worked with, and I wish I had never left them. Huge mistake. Tulak isn't really abusive, he is a great guy, and we just rubbed each other the wrong way. Likely because I'm old and stubborn.

Anyway, I'm deleting this weekend after quitting Dark Templar and being sanctioned/ZI-listed for desertion. Turns out that if you don't like war and just want to build your nation in peace, you get called names and get pointed out to enemy alliances as a 'good target' for punishment.

Edited by Auric the Merciless

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hereby resign from Sparta due to Tulak's abusive nature. He abuses his power and his underlings, and I simply cannot put up with him. Maybe if he would sober up once in a while he would be different.

Anyone looking for a very active and detail oriented person that has run the Sparta Academy for over a year and been Ephor of Internal Affairs for nearly that long?

Too bad you changed the post. I read the logs though...

Yes, there were some interesting messages from Tulak. After reading the language used, I don't blame Auric for leaving. If I was getting messages like that from my higher ups, I'd be gone too.

Wow, you sure did edit out alot. Unfortunately I did not care enough to post on it.

You are (were) in Sparta and Sparta is now at the top of the world. The pressures there are great and your leaders are probably now beginning to realize that. Of course their will be changes in leadership style.

Wow, you sure did edit out alot. Unfortunately I did not care enough to post on it.

You are (were) in Sparta and Sparta is now at the top of the world. The pressures there are great and your leaders are probably now beginning to realize that. Of course their will be changes in leadership style.

Naw, that stuff is pretty much par for the course for Tulak. And even if it were the pressure changing his style, I really don't think "combative jerk" is really a great choice.

Edit: also, Auric, you should return the OP to it's original content. As long as you're airing dirty laundry here, you might as well do it right.

Edited by savethecheerleader

I agree Auric is one extremly hard working guy and would make a fine edition to someones alliance. Unfortunate to see you leave Sparta Auric I know you love it there. Sometimes it's needed though. I'm assuming it's still the same old way of if your face fits and your friends with certain people you get to the top before other hard working Spartans Who do more than others?

Pffft. A drunk Tulak is an :awesome: Tulak.

In all seriousness, though I'm speaking only from an outsider's perspective (albeit one who constantly interacts with him), Tulak has been one of the most standup guys I've encountered here. He's someone I consider a close friend and he's never acted in a manner I'd consider "abusive". Calm down a bit, sleep on this decision, and query it out with Tulak. Speaking from experience here, it helps to step back and reevaluate.

Pffft. A drunk Tulak is an :awesome: Tulak.

In all seriousness, though I'm speaking only from an outsider's perspective (albeit one who constantly interacts with him), Tulak has been one of the most standup guys I've encountered here. He's someone I consider a close friend and he's never acted in a manner I'd consider "abusive". Calm down a bit, sleep on this decision, and query it out with Tulak. Speaking from experience here, it helps to step back and reevaluate.

Getting drunk and cussing someone out isn't an excuse for bad behaviour though. Chances are very good that he knows what he's like when he's drunk, and if he's inclined to cuss people out and get beligerant (I myself am a happy drunk) then maybe he shouldn't hop on irc where being drunk and beligerant (I'm probably spelling that word wrong) might be a detriment to your alliance. In this case, if that is what happened, he lost a member over it.

As funny as it may be, he should realize that his behaviour towards people in that situation might .. be less than ideal, and he's lucky that only one person left this time around.

Again, being drunk is not an excuse for poor behaviour.

And I stand by my prior comments, this may be an excellent time to attack the nation of Christian Trojans.

Edited by astronaut jones

Getting drunk and cussing someone out isn't an excuse for bad behaviour though. Chances are very good that he knows what he's like when he's drunk, and if he's inclined to cuss people out and get beligerant (I myself am a happy drunk) then maybe he shouldn't hop on irc where being drunk and beligerant (I'm probably spelling that word wrong) might be a detriment to your alliance. In this case, if that is what happened, he lost a member over it.

As funny as it may be, he should realize that his behaviour towards people in that situation might .. be less than ideal, and he's lucky that only one person left this time around.

Except he's not a mean drunk. Seriously, if anything, he's more of a happy drunk, which is kind of why I'm so puzzled by the OP's statements. Even while smashed, he's not that type of guy. Not to mention, if I recall correctly, Tulak also stated he hasn't been drunk in ages, which kinda debunks the myth of him being drunk quite often.

Except he's not a mean drunk. Seriously, if anything, he's more of a happy drunk, which is kind of why I'm so puzzled by the OP's statements. Even while smashed, he's not that type of guy. Not to mention, if I recall correctly, Tulak also stated he hasn't been drunk in ages, which kinda debunks the myth of him being drunk quite often.

Well, I'm not familiar with tulak, I don't think I've ever spoken to them before, so I can't really say. I was just going by what was implied in the OP, but if he is a happy drunk, maybe he just lost it, and.. really I don't think it's fair or even nice of us to be speculating as to why he lost it, since it's really none of our concerns, and assuming alcohol played a part in this may harm his reputation if no such thing actually occured.

So yeah.. maybe he was just mad and the OP screwed up. Who knows.

But, it would be an excellent opportunity to do something good for Peanut Butter Planet Bob, and attack the nation of christian trojans.

Edited by astronaut jones

Unfortunate. You did a great job in IA, and have done a lot for Sparta. You and Tulak have been butting heads for a long long time. Sad but not all that surprised to see it end like this. Taking this public was unnecessary, but I still love you. Good luck wherever you end up. Keep in touch.