Roman Empire Declaration of Existence

I don't think that will be the case with RE. We've been around for about a month and a half before we declared our existence so I'm pretty sure we can last longer. I mean, look at you guys. You've been around for 3 months and you're have around the same number of nations as we do. What makes you think we won't last for long? Also, I don't see how too many alliances is a bad thing.

Too many alliances adds to the red tape and bureaucracy of planet bob. It has gotten to the point where the MDP web simply blocks all hopes of a small conflict between two alliances who want to duke it out. New alliances get protected, without any chance to prove themselves or earn respect by making it on their own. If an alliance declares without a protectorate, I will have respect for them, and I will give them a chance to prove their worth as an alliance.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many alliances adds to the red tape and bureaucracy of planet bob. It has gotten to the point where the MDP web simply blocks all hopes of a small conflict between two alliances who want to duke it out. New alliances get protected, without any chance to prove themselves or earn respect by making it on their own. If an alliance declares without a protectorate, I will have respect for them, and I will give them a chance to prove their worth as an alliance.

You really are a hypocrite.

a) You had a protectorate with PC

B) I don't wanna look it up but am sure you currently have or will have an MDP

c) If an alliance did DoE without a protector you'd probably be the first alliance to raid them.

CN has developed where it's essential to have allies in order to survive. You are heading towards alienating your allies if you carry on in the manner you are.

So petition your gov to drop your protectorate treaty with PC?

c) If an alliance did DoE without a protector you'd probably be the first alliance to raid them.

CN has developed where it's essential to have allies in order to survive. You are heading towards alienating your allies if you carry on in the manner you are.

You say hypocrite like it's a bad thing.

Too many alliances adds to the red tape and bureaucracy of planet bob. It has gotten to the point where the MDP web simply blocks all hopes of a small conflict between two alliances who want to duke it out.

I agree with you on this. However, not all alliances grow to become an important power. As you said, most small alliances end up disbanding and/or merging with other alliances. So most of them won't end up with an MDP.

New alliances get protected, without any chance to prove themselves or earn respect by making it on their own. If an alliance declares without a protectorate, I will have respect for them, and I will give them a chance to prove their worth as an alliance.

I would have to disagree. If an alliances declares without an existence, they'd get raided, lose members, and would have little hope of growing. Trust me, that's what happened to RE in our first 1 1/2 months of existence (when we didn't have a protectorate). People were reluctant to join us because we didn't have a protectorate. So we were better off having a protectorate. Also, some alliances who are now respected had a protectorate. So I am confident that having a protectorate does not diminish the respect for a certain alliances.

(Also, don't you guys have a protectorate? :unsure: )

First of all, I don't appreciate the personal attacks.

Yes we did, but we proved ourselves in the Karma war, with 3 alliances surrendering on our front. If we declared without a protectorate the story would have been the same.

No, we don't have an MDP

Yes we would. As I said, we would give them a chance to prove themselves.

It is of course essential to have allies, but not for the wrong reasons. Ally with people to have fun, not to save your pixels. Our allies are completely aware of our position, and support us 100%.

First of all, I don't appreciate the personal attacks.

It's not really a personal attack when it's a fact. You're preaching one thing, but your actions are the exact opposite. What's that called? Hypocrisy.

You're pissing and moaning all over alliances who have protectorates when they announce their DoE, yet you yourself did the same thing. Your actions in the Karma war have no bearing on the issue. Did you foresee the Karma war and think "hey guys, we'll use that as our chance to prove ourselves"? No. You cried like a little girl at the thought of getting raided, and signed a protectorate with the biggest group of tech raiders on Planet Bob. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that; it's a smart move and it gives you a chance to grow. Which is exactly why it's the SOP for every new alliance that emerges (unless they enjoy getting tech raided till they disband), including your extremely average band of posers.

It's not really a personal attack when it's a fact. You're preaching one thing, but your actions are the exact opposite. What's that called? Hypocrisy.

You're pissing and moaning all over alliances who have protectorates when they announce their DoE, yet you yourself did the same thing. Your actions in the Karma war have no bearing on the issue. Did you foresee the Karma war and think "hey guys, we'll use that as our chance to prove ourselves"? No. You cried like a little girl at the thought of getting raided, and signed a protectorate with the biggest group of tech raiders on Planet Bob. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that; it's a smart move and it gives you a chance to grow. Which is exactly why it's the SOP for every new alliance that emerges (unless they enjoy getting tech raided till they disband), including your extremely average band of posers.

I simply do not believe that new alliances are a good thing. The Karma war specifically has nothing to do with this, I simply mentioned it as an example of a conflict or trouble that gave us experience. That conflict made us stronger. If an alliance can't handle being raided, they don't deserve to survive. Stop following SOP. Stop having the boring pixels, stop having the boring life.

on another note:

You cried like a little girl at the thought of getting raided

nou

If an alliance can't handle being raided, they don't deserve to survive. Stop following SOP. Stop having the boring pixels, stop having the boring life.

If you really believe this shouldn't you be raiding them regardless of whether or not they have a protectorate agreement?

Also, congrats and good luck to RE.

I simply do not believe that new alliances are a good thing.

I feel like smashing my head against something. Just listen to yourself! All the alliances were new at one stage, even yours! *shock horror* Stop bleating about how new alliances are bad. Yes alliances will disband when people realize they don't have enough time or skill but that should be up to the individuals if they want to try it out. Just let people make their mistakes. The new alliances aren't cluttering up CN if 90% of them disband and even then their are 10% who make it somewhere!

I simply do not believe that new alliances are a good thing. The Karma war specifically has nothing to do with this, I simply mentioned it as an example of a conflict or trouble that gave us experience. That conflict made us stronger. If an alliance can't handle being raided, they don't deserve to survive. Stop following SOP. Stop having the boring pixels, stop having the boring life.

On the same note, you could not handle getting raided. I guess we'll be seeing your disbandment notice soon? Or, will you declare on someone's protectorate? Cause not declaring on protectorates is pretty SOP... why not declare on Nueva Vida's? You're gonna love our nuts.

now here is the part where you again claim that the Karma war "tested you" and proved that you were good enough to mingle on Planet Bob, relying primarily on an opportunity which was given to you AFTER your inception, an opportunity that came to you by chance, and an opportunity that you don't think others are entitled to.

I will not just let people make their mistakes, I want to help them, so they can prosper.

Well there's a Straw Man if I ever saw one, picking on possibly the one weakest bit of my post. I bet that if one of your friends on CN made an alliance you'd congratulate them and wish them the best of luck.

Well there's a Straw Man if I ever saw one, picking on possibly the one weakest bit of my post. I bet that if one of your friends on CN made an alliance you'd congratulate them and wish them the best of luck.

No, I would raid them for making a new alliance.

Edited by 890765

On the same note, you could not handle getting raided. I guess we'll be seeing your disbandment notice soon? Or, will you declare on someone's protectorate? Cause not declaring on protectorates is pretty SOP... why not declare on Nueva Vida's? You're gonna love our nuts.

now here is the part where you again claim that the Karma war "tested you" and proved that you were good enough to mingle on Planet Bob, relying primarily on an opportunity which was given to you AFTER your inception, an opportunity that came to you by chance, and an opportunity that you don't think others are entitled to.

First off, have we declared war on anyone? No. We aren't that extreme. (maybe later though) You won't be seeing our disbandment notice anytime soon as far as I know.

As per the spoiler, yes you are right. Before the Karma ware we were just like every other alliance, hoarding pixels and getting protectorates. It was that war that enlightened us to the truth that cn=lulz. Now that we have realized that, it is our quest for everyone else to come to the realization as well. Just read quitting cn threads, everyone says "Ppl think cn is srs bzns, its just a game guys." The only difference between us and them is that we continue to play the game, so we can fix the problem instead of giving up and quitting. Hopefully this will put all questions about our motives to rest.

No way dude, those guys are tough. They're scary. They tech raid new alliance :(

Thanks for the compliment :)

Saying you don't like too many new alliances’ is like saying you don't like too many people opening up their own business.

Are there little cafes and diners all over? Yes

Do they all compete with Denny’s and Ihop? No

Do most of them fail? Yes

Are there some that prosper and become local favorites which hold their ground? Yes

Are you obtuse and pose illogical arguments which make you fail? Yes ^_^

Saying you don't like too many new alliances’ is like saying you don't like too many people opening up their own business.

Business is a completely separate matter. Corporate takeovers are much simpler IRL, since money can be exchanged freely. (not 3 million every 10 days)

Are there little cafes and diners all over? Yes

Do they all compete with Denny’s and Ihop? No

Do most of them fail? Yes

Are there some that prosper and become local favorites which hold their ground? Yes

So basically, you acknowledge my entire argument. Lots of alliances come up all over the place, that do not necessarily compete with each other. Most of them fail, but some do overcome big obstacles and succeed. I am here to make those obstacles so the alliance has a chance to prosper. I'm glad you agree with me!

Are you obtuse and pose illogical arguments which make you fail? Yes ^_^

So wait, you agree with my whole argument, and then say my argument is illogical. Makes a lot of sense.

No way dude, those guys are tough. They're scary. They tech raid new alliance :(

For srs, Hizzy? Wow. That's pretty hard. It takes some whoopass to pull that off. I don't think I'm gonna mess with them.

Good luck RE. :)

-Bama

I am here to make those obstacles so the alliance has a chance to prosper. I'm glad you agree with me!

This is probably gonna blow your mind... and maybe everyone else's too... but running uphill doesn't make you run faster.

This is probably gonna blow your mind... and maybe everyone else's too... but running uphill doesn't make you run faster.

That is actually incorrect. Running uphill builds your muscles, so when you get to the top of the hill you are indeed stronger.