CNRP Cultures/ethnic groups

iamthey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently however there has been a growing trend of outside nations making claims of particular ethic groups or cultural groups existing where a nation is, and forcibly altering a persons RP based on their geographical location.

This is the crux of it for me. I may be new to CN, but I'm an old hand at this sort of thing, and I have three hard and fast rules by which I abide and by which I expect everyone with whom I roleplay to abide, and they are these:

1. No forced RP.

2. No forced RP.

3. NO FORCED RP!

This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a vehicle to let your imagination and creativity run wild in a minimally managed virtual space, with bajillions of other people to play along. Don't get me wrong here. I am not by any means advocating a 'nothing bad can ever happen to my nation because I said so bwa ha ha' approach-- that, to my mind, is godmoding. Perfectly reprehensible. But if you want to engage in active RP with another player or set of players, contact them first, and see if that's interesting to them. It's the easiest thing in the world. the game and the forum are set up for you to do that. The most important thing to remember is that, on the other end of these country names and leader names, are real people, who might have real jobs, real schoolwork, real research, real children, real social lives, and very little time to devote to consternation by internet games-- do we want to drive people away or draw them in?

The CN world is way bigger than the real world, and we have to allow for spillover. Plus, different people's storylines don't converge. That's endemic to a massively multiplayer online simulator like this, limited to a small, Earth-sized map. If we want this game to be fun, respect for other players has to be at the absolute root of what we do. I demand it and I expect everyone should.

Edited by Qyrenh Kalsang

This is the crux of it for me. I may be new to CN, but I'm an old hand at this sort of thing, and I have three hard and fast rules by which I abide and by which I expect everyone with whom I roleplay to abide, and they are these:

1. No forced RP.

2. No forced RP.

3. NO FORCED RP!

This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a vehicle to let your imagination and creativity run wild in a minimally managed virtual space, with bajillions of other people to play along. Don't get me wrong here. I am not by any means advocating a 'nothing bad can ever happen to my nation because I said so bwa ha ha' approach-- that, to my mind, is godmoding. Perfectly reprehensible. But if you want to engage in active RP with another player or set of players, contact them first, and see if that's interesting to them. It's the easiest thing in the world. the game and the forum are set up for you to do that. The most important thing to remember is that, on the other end of these country names and leader names, are real people, who might have real jobs, real schoolwork, real research, real children, real social lives, and very little time to devote to consternation by internet games-- do we want to drive people away or draw them in?

The CN world is way bigger than the real world, and we have to allow for spillover. Plus, different people's storylines don't converge. That's endemic to a massively multiplayer online simulator like this, limited to a small, Earth-sized map. If we want this game to be fun, respect for other players has to be at the absolute root of what we do. I demand it and I expect everyone should.

Good Lord, why do non-CNRPers feel the need to reply in our OOC topics?

Would you mind stop pointing these things out Arkantos...let them write...if you choose to ignore it than that's fine. But just telling them to get out is getting old, that kind of attitude will keep them from joining as well. Personally I think he makes various valid points. Please try to be a bit more open about the CN community on here.

1. No forced RP.

2. No forced RP.

3. NO FORCED RP!

You make some really valid points there, however while there of course are certain limits RP continuity is important without it months of work could get lost. As such I wont oppose a RP'd change of people, authorities, etc. but because of a matter of mutual respect it isn't good show to erase the months of work of someone with just a simple post saying "Hey, there are new people now and we suddenly became a Democracry in stead of Dictatorship". Of course if no real easy data can be found of a former nation people should be allowed to erase the past.

Would you mind stop pointing these things out Arkantos...let them write...if you choose to ignore it than that's fine. But just telling them to get out is getting old, that kind of attitude will keep them from joining as well. Personally I think he makes various valid points. Please try to be a bit more open about the CN community on here.

My thoughts exactly, if they are just spamming okay but this guy makes some really valid points.

You make some really valid points there, however while there of course are certain limits RP continuity is important without it months of work could get lost. As such I wont oppose a RP'd change of people, authorities, etc. but because of a matter of mutual respect it isn't good show to erase the months of work of someone with just a simple post saying "Hey, there are new people now and we suddenly became a Democracry in stead of Dictatorship". Of course if no real easy data can be found of a former nation people should be allowed to erase the past.

My thoughts exactly, if they are just spamming okay but this guy makes some really valid points.

Normally I would have told 'em to get out, but I too agree that the points are valid. We should not ignore tha validity of someone's statement just because they aren't a part of our "in" group.

Em, because we care about it? About the quality of RP? Because we think we might, after years of experience, have something to contribute?

If my experience on CN is anything by which to go, however, clearly I am wasting my time. I have encountered nothing but hostility here. I wonder why.

Em, because we care about it? About the quality of RP? Because we think we might, after years of experience, have something to contribute?

If my experience on CN is anything by which to go, however, clearly I am wasting my time. I have encountered nothing but hostility here. I wonder why.

Don't let them be the voices of the group. You make very valid points, and if they can't see it because you aren't part of the group, ignore them.

Sorry if this has put you off if you had any intention of joining this rp.

Don't let them be the voices of the group. You make very valid points, and if they can't see it because you aren't part of the group, ignore them.

Yes the guy nailed my position on the dot... he deserves his say...

On a side note does this mean i'm part of your 'in group' ? :awesome:

Ditto. Don't let one or two people put you off. on the whole, we're a friendly bunch... :D

Don't let the others fool you.

We're an elitist bunch.

Edited by Lynneth

I kinda made up my own "Imperial" ethnicity for the Imperium of America. It's basically Mexican mixed with Irish, and they speak a highly evolved dialect of Latin which sounds almost like a song when you speak it. The invention of non-stone writing allowed the implementation of letters such as 'U'.

Population Breakdown:

60% Imperial

20% Indigenous

7% Associated European

8% North American

5% Other

:P

hmm i thought this was for discussion but hell if we are all sharing the ethnic breakdown of our respective CNRP nations then i shall add my own :D

50% Basque

35% Castillian (Spanish)

9% French

Edited by Cataduanes

Whatever the RP'er wants the national history to be. Let's face it, forcing the backstory and history of another RP'er into the RL world at our convience only makes us god-modders under a fancy mask of "RL". I could even envision myself doing it! I LOVE BEING A MUNCHKIN!

All the same... a small little voice inside me says that I wouldn't want someone else dictating my nations culture, why should I dictate theirs.

Oh and...

Population Breakdown (It's a joke)

45% Purple People

15% Neko-jin

23% Arabic

16% Goats

1% Pink people (Otherwise known as caucasian, despite not being from the Caucass mountains)

Edited by Zarfef