Hey Guys

Zombie Glaucon

I can't believe people are crying about the small chance of some random nation losing a trade.

Hmmmmm.... Usually when you sanction a nation with 5 trades there's a very good chance that not only one but 5 random nations will lose a trade but my math could be off. I'll need a supercomputer to figure it out.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no hiding from RV, ES, KingSqrt propaganda squad no matter what forum.

I have said many times that the NPO has very little incentive to accept any terms at this point as they lose little to nothing by remaining at war meanwhile PR vultures continue to circle Karma's heads.

People with zero infrastructure and no money aren't really that big a concern. If they go into peace mode not much changes. As for letting larger nations escape, sure, that sucks.

This isn't so much off topic as a rehash of several pages ago when it was explained why not every small nation with nukes didn't have full slots. Sure we can get rid of some more tech but not very much since most of the nations that small will have relatively weak CMs. The biggest concern is draining their money so that NPO has to turn on those big cash taps of theirs and maybe bring another guy out of peace mode.

Sparta didn't sanction NPO in this case so I am still not sure why you seem to be implying that we have.

I've never made frequent use of the irrelevant moniker but in this case it was appropriate simply because Sqrt's points had already been addressed earlier in the thread and he clearly had not bothered to read it.

RV: Sparta is not saying anything, so I am not sure what you think you are hearing. You can try to fashion another PR quagmire all you like but in my posts I have said that I don't believe sanctions should be used lightly but should never be completely off the table. In war, no option should be completely off the table. I have also specified that sanctioning indiscriminantly is dangerous and ill-advised. Don't put words in people's mouths.

Edited by Drostan

I was unaware that I was part of an anti-Karma propaganda squad although I guess my history of total anti-Karma stance sure does prove your point. I mean It's not like I was in Karma gov channels and forums or provided some of the most widely used logs for pro-Karma propaganda for this war or anything...

Just because points were addressed earlier does not mean they were adequately addressed so I do not see an issue with re-hashing issues that you tried to sweep under the rug with half-assed explanations.

Guilty by association Droston. All too common in this game. I can't really blame you for what VE did but still you guys seem to be supporting it which if I recall KArma's ideaology is the same as if you did it yourself.

Yes, I am familiar with this 'guilt by association' concept... all too familiar. Reminds me of a conversation I had with mhawk the other day.

I am not supporting any particular action but rather answering those who have feigned such severe moral outrage at the idea of using sanctions against your enemies.

EDIT: I never sweep under the rug, KingSqrt. Even when people really want me to.

My explanations of what we are or are not doing are pure speculations as I am no hand at military or otherwise intelligence. I am as in the dark as anyone and I daresay more so than many others. But there are reasonable explanations that can be given for not over-engaging certain targets. Whether you agree that that tactic makes sense is another matter. And again, I do not think that the community benefits from this war dragging on. There are more interesting wars to be fought hopefully. I'd like to see them.

Edited by Drostan