Hey Guys

Zombie Glaucon

Hey everyone,

You know, I thought I was keeping up with the forums and all. But did Pacifica get peace and the topic got locked really quick and fall off the front page or something?

I'm just curious because I was looking at the oldest nations, noticed that Moo was 10th oldest (which is cool), then noticed that he only has one war.

Further investigation revealed that many of the top NPO nations in war mode had only one or zero nations attacking them!

So did I miss some new, awesome terms that didn't reduce everyone to tears, or what?

Thanks for helping me out.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably means they just came out of peace mode and there hasn't been enough time to attack them yet. Though it could also be that the nations you are talking about are nuclear armed 10-15k nations with stacks of wonders and everyone in their range is terrified of them.

...Though it could also be that the nations you are talking about are nuclear armed 10-15k nations with stacks of wonders and everyone in their range is terrified of them.

I'd hazard a guess at this. It'd be even worse the lower you go.

NC nailed it. Those nations used to be huge, so they all have MPs, SDIs, etc. Plus, very few people are actively seeking nuclear wars at this point. The thrill has worn off. The result is a bunch of NPO and TPF nations being virtually ignored despite their foes having many nations in range. This is why NPO has come nearly to a standstill in the Sanction Race.

-Bama

Not much more damage can be done at this point without losing more strength than NPO. Why attack a nation with 0 infra and 25 nukes ;)

But I see what you did here.

To destroy the tech?! I think one can hardly request a 2 weeks of war if the nations in war mode don't even get attacked. If you think that fighting NPO nations (for whatever reason) is stupid, then get a peace deal.

To destroy the tech?! I think one can hardly request a 2 weeks of war if the nations in war mode don't even get attacked. If you think that fighting NPO nations (for whatever reason) is stupid, then get a peace deal.

To be fair it was 2 weeks of war for everyone over 4k infra. They may well be saying here that those below that point have paid their dues and just want to knock the ones hiding in peace before ending it officially.

Not that I have any idea what the NPO front really thinks. :psyduck:

As much as I hate to admit that Sam could ever be right, by some mysterious alignment of the planets he's managed to be in this instance. If you aren't prosecuting the war because you're afraid to take damage (or any other reason for that matter) then you should probably end it. There is still a purpose for attacking these ZI'ed nations obviously, as they still evidently have warchests and they still have tech. I realize that you all want a piece of both of those things and that's likely why you're not attacking but you can't expect to win the war on your preferred terms if you don't fight it.

Pfft, you newbies have no staying power. :P NPO would still be pummeling you if the shoe was on the other foot.

Lol at karma. Great revenge however i don't think anyone else wants to revenge them anymore because they know they will get their but hurt. The war has gone to a stand still and all karma's cookies are being eaten because everyone is in the lounge eating them all instead of attacking.

I mean common Karma's cookies are nice. Who makes them and can somone tell me the recipe for them? :rolleyes:

Garghh.

Edited by Hassman

If the NPO has 0 soldiers, you can't get any money, tech or land from him. You can only bomb him with nukes. And he will nuke you back. Either way you lose more than him now.

I like it the way it is now. NPO is in peacemode, other alliances are outgrowing NPO, NPO is slowly dying due to the economic depression. I think we could keep it like that for a LONG time if we wanted to. NPO just has to surrender eventually because they will realise that this war is benefitting us either way.

We get reps OR we outgrow them due to not having to be in peace mode.

If the NPO has 0 soldiers, you can't get any money, tech or land from him. You can only bomb him with nukes. And he will nuke you back. Either way you lose more than him now.

I like it the way it is now. NPO is in peacemode, other alliances are outgrowing NPO, NPO is slowly dying due to the economic depression. I think we could keep it like that for a LONG time if we wanted to. NPO just has to surrender eventually because they will realise that this war is benefitting us either way.

We get reps OR we outgrow them due to not having to be in peace mode.

Never saw it that way, however we will see.

Edited by Hassman

As much as I hate to admit that Sam could ever be right, by some mysterious alignment of the planets he's managed to be in this instance. If you aren't prosecuting the war because you're afraid to take damage (or any other reason for that matter) then you should probably end it. There is still a purpose for attacking these ZI'ed nations obviously, as they still evidently have warchests and they still have tech. I realize that you all want a piece of both of those things and that's likely why you're not attacking but you can't expect to win the war on your preferred terms if you don't fight it.

Pfft, you newbies have no staying power. :P NPO would still be pummeling you if the shoe was on the other foot.

Hardly, just leaving a war on paper regardless of actual military operations does significant amounts of damage to a target indirectly. As long war is declared NPO's top nations will remain in peace mode and the ones which were beaten down will be unable to rebuild. Really a declared war without actual fighting is precisely what is best for Karma because it means we can keep NPO/TPF from rebuilding without taking damage ourselves. After all if they come out of peace mode or start rebuilding the beaten nations there will be targets available with plenty of infrastructure to destroy, but attacking 0 Infra nations just to kill 9 tech/day is just plain stupid. It's much better to rebuild yourselves and let NPO/TPF sit at 0 infra thinking they are winning somehow, and then just beat on anybody who comes out of peace mode or tries to rebuild.

This concept that you need to fight to win is silly, sometimes not fighting is actually a superior strategy, it is better to wait out your enemy and starve him than to rush headlong into the walls of his castle.

Edit: X-post with Sande

Edited by nc1701

Hardly, just leaving a war on paper regardless of actual military operations does significant amounts of damage to a target indirectly. As long war is declared NPO's top nations will remain in peace mode and the ones which were beaten down will be unable to rebuild. Really a declared war without actual fighting is precisely what is best for Karma because it means we can keep NPO/TPF from rebuilding without taking damage ourselves. After all if they come out of peace mode or start rebuilding the beaten nations there will be targets available with plenty of infrastructure to destroy, but attacking 0 Infra nations just to kill 9 tech/day is just plain stupid. It's much better to rebuild yourselves and let NPO/TPF sit at 0 infra thinking they are winning somehow, and then just beat on anybody who comes out of peace mode or tries to rebuild.

This concept that you need to fight to win is silly, sometimes not fighting is actually a superior strategy, it is better to wait out your enemy and starve him than to rush headlong into the walls of his castle.

It's not just ZIed nations being ignored. I'm at 1k infra and have been for some time (I keep rebuying in order to nuke), but in my last two times out of hippy I've been hit one time each and then let go. Face it, most of the alliances still on the Karma side on paper have effectively backed out, authorizing NPO/TPF for raids but not making any kind of attempt at coordinated war. Even among those still fighting, many nations are tired of the war and/or don't want to get nuked anymore.

-Bama

It's not just ZIed nations being ignored. I'm at 1k infra and have been for some time (I keep rebuying in order to nuke), but in my last two times out of hippy I've been hit one time each and then let go. Face it, most of the alliances still on the Karma side on paper have effectively backed out, authorizing NPO/TPF for raids but not making any kind of attempt at coordinated war. Even among those still fighting, many nations are tired of the war and/or don't want to get nuked anymore.

-Bama

The average nations at the 5k level tend to be pretty hard to coordinate, as they're generally not active and available when you need them. The OP had a point with the 15k NS nations going free, but your case not so much.

Plus your tech is so low a full half of your NS is coming from your nukes at this point :x

I think that Karma forces are just...bored by now. I mean, I have a hard time believing that among all the alliances declared on the NPO, they can't scrounge up enough attackers to be filling up those defensive slots, especially considering that people complain about the peace mode nations, which means even fewer targets. Karma just doesn't care to keep up an offensive war. With any luck, maybe this will make them a tad more open to removing the sticking points in the terms so that we can just all have peace, go home, and be done with this sordid affair already.

That's a good point. In addition, the NPO will not be able to recruit very well because they will get attacked if they try to join. The NPO's numbers and their economies are slowly getting strangled. Fighting isn't always the best way to achieve your aims. And the NPO really has few options left. They failed to win the propaganda war, and they failed to win militarily. Slowly but surely, the NPO will have less and less options available as their resources diminish.