Dead friends, new allies

Eggman Empire

*Several days ago.*

Emperor Sammyace Kintober forced himself to read the report multiple times. It just didn't seem possible. MyKep was dead? If it weren't for a spotty report from a spy he had in the Hanseatic Commonwealth, he never would've known about it. The report itself just didn't make sense. Mykep just didn't seem like the type to go on a killing spree and engage in a to-the-death duel. Mykep had been a strong voice of reason in this insane world. And to commit the act against one of Mykep's closest allies, Sarah Tintagyl, just seemed unreal. Kintober sighed and rubbed his eyes. He needed a break. With a groan, he sat back up, picked up the phone on his desk, and placed two calls.

----

*Present day*

Phil Ryst; Head Minister of Defense, and Hank Voi; Head Minister of Internal Affairs, sat in the back of an AC-130 on their way to Hanseatic Commonwealth. They each had recieved a personal call from Emperor Kintober asking (well, politely ordering them) to go on a diplomatic mission of "great importance." Or so Kintober had said. It was ironic seeing how neither Phil or Hank were diplomat material. When asked why he couldn't send someone else, Kintober told them that he didn't trust anyone else, that Blyzar was busy, and that the matter at hand effected both National security and internal affairs.

So there they were, on board a combat plane headed towards the Hanseatic Commonwealth to ask Sarah if she had really killed Mykep, and if so, why. What was even more Ironic about the situation is that both Hank and Phil didn't like each other, and now they were stuck on a plane together. It was kind of funny, in a twisted sense.

"Approching the Brisbane airport. All crew and passengers prepare for combat landing." The pilot announced, sounding bored.

"About time." Phil grumbled.

"Wait, combat landing?" Hank asked, not understanding what that was or why it was necessary in friendly territory.

"A little policy I introduced." Phil said, idly. "Keep's our pilots at combat readiness."

"Why would you-Whaaa!!" Hank was about to ask Phil why such a policy needed to exist, when the plane entered a steep dive and began to veer from side to side. Phil sighed. Hank's yelling was grating his nerves.

----

To: Sarah Tintagyl

Dear Miss Tintagyl,

As we hope you have been informed, the Eggman Empire government has dispatched two representatives to learn more about your "incident" with Mykep. We view this as a necessary action as Mykep was a close ally and supporter of the Eggman Empire, and we wish to discover what exactly happened. You need not fear any reprisals from Eggman Empire. We merely wish to seek the truth. The two representatives should be arriving at the Brisbane airport momentarily, and we hope you will greet them, or send someone to bring them to you.

Respectfully,

From the Eggman Empire Ministry of External Affairs.

Edited by DrKintobor

"You have yet to answer the question of just how the Eggmans found out about this little stun." Sarah stared back at her intelligence ministers sat unsure of what else to say. Tabloid rumors could get out, divorces, meetings with men in foreign countries, that she really didn't care about. But if her causing the death of Mykep was released, enemies could easily take advantage of it and with the Hansa extremely vulnerable from and Empire that stretched from the ice wastes of Antarctica to the tundras of Northern Asia. There were advantages to be gained and she was not about to let people take them from her.

"Milady, the only think I could say is that we need to invest more money in our intelligence department."

Her eyes lifted up only for a moment. "You gentlemen can leave now then cause you've made it very clear that we have nothing left to talk about."

"But Milady..."

"You're just like every other wasteful department in this government. You need to start asking for more funding to get anything done when you have ample funding already. Its just wasteful that's all. I would suggest, if you you all would like to keep your jobs to find away to make things work better with the funding you already have. Have a nice day gentlemen." She smiled as she pointed to the door.

Only seconds later after they had left, Vikram the Chamberlain rushed into the room. "Milady, I'm sorry to bother you. But two gentlemen from the Eggman Empire are here for an audience with you."

"Oh?" Her eyes lit up as she stood up from the chair as she straightened her dress and fixed her hair. "Send them in then. Thank you Vikram."

He bowed and left the room as Sarah took three wine glasses from a side table and opened a fresh bottle of Pinot Grigio for the guests as they walked in.

"My I present, Minister Phillip Ryst and Minister Hank Voi of the Eggman Empire. Gentlemen, Her Ladyship Sarah Tintagyl." Vikram said again as he brought them into the room.

Sarah had just finished the glasses and walked them over to her guests before offering her hand to shake. "Welcome to my home gentlemen. I hope the limousine ride was calm enough on the way over. I don't believe traffic was that bad today." She sighed. "So I know why you're here. But do you want me to explain myself first, or perhaps you explain what you're looking for." She said as she took her own glass and brought it up to her lips.

OOC: Hanseatic Commonwealth, not Hanseatic League.

OOC: Duly noted and corrected.

IC:

Before either said anything, Phil took a black box out of his pocket, flipped a switch on it, and set it on a nearby table.

"To ensure that nobody is listening or watching." Phil explained. Sarah nodded, understanding the box was a jammer.

"Of course, we don't doubt that her lady has invested a great amount of time in ensuring the security of her home." Hank said hastily. He didn't know how someone like Sarah would react to somebody basically saying she didn't spend enough time securing the area. Phil may just have insulted her. Hank shot Phil a "Shut up and let me talk" look. Phil ignored him. Hank turned his attention back to Sarah.

"Now, back to the...unpleasant matter at hand. To answer your question, all we are looking for is the truth. Merely tell us what happened from your viewpoint of the night in question." He said smoothly, not a trace of anything in his voice.

"And please explain why Mykep turned into a homicidal maniac bent on killing you." Phil stated bluntly, earning another glare from Hank, who was losing patience with the man. Phil again ignored him and leveled his gaze at Sarah. "What did you do to make him so mad he wanted to kill you." Was written on his face.

Edited by DrKintobor

Sarah frowned. "To be brutally honest gentlemen. I wish I could tell you. When I first saw Mykep at the foot of my staircase at home, well I thought it was just a strange visit. But, when I noticed that he had killed over twenty of my guards and various servants. His mind was already made up with what he wanted to do to me." She lifted up part of her shirt and her pants to show a series of scars that ran down her upper thigh. "I'm afraid with what ever he pleaded, though he didn't when I killed him, I had no intention of letting him go. You have to understand, he came in sword unsheathed, killing people left and right. I acted in self-defense and defense of my servants. Nothing more, nothing less." She frowned and a silver glace ran over her eyes. "Though I don't regret what I did."

"He told me that I was too soft, that I was weak, that I let people walk over me." She smiled. "I told him that I never intend to let that happen again. Who knows, maybe that was his intention all along."

Still seething at Phil, Hank spoke, trying to sound supportive. "A complete waste, for everyone. I'm sorry you had to do what you did. It must have been very hard on you." He said. Hank paused for a second to collect his thoughts. "We appreciate your honesty. Do not worry about any reprisals from the Eggman Empire. Your statements will all go into my report, and I'll do my best to make sure Emperor Kintober understands what happened." He looked at Phil before continuing. "I do apologize for my friend's behavior, he is...strait to the point, to say the least. I hope we haven't upset you." Hank finished.

"Regardless, we're still out an ally." Phil said. Hank groaned. Phil rolled his eyes. "Tell me Miss Tintagyl, what's your view of the Eggman Empire?" He asked, a thought suddenly striking him.

Sarah's eyes widened happily and curiously. "To be honest Excellency. I really don't know anything about your nation. I know its location and some minimal knowledge of its government. But other than that, I or the Hansa in general has never been in contact with the Eggmans. However, if you're getting what I think you're getting at. I would be elated to pursue further relations between our peoples. It is the least I could do. I know this much at least, that Emperor Kintober and Mykep were good friends and I stole that away from him. If there is anything I can do, please let me know and perhaps in the future, I could meet with his Majesty myself and we can discuss things of a political and personal nature."

She smiled. "Of course that's all up in the air. Your thoughts?"

Sarah's eyes widened happily and curiously. "To be honest Excellency. I really don't know anything about your nation. I know its location and some minimal knowledge of its government. But other than that, I or the Hansa in general has never been in contact with the Eggmans. However, if you're getting what I think you're getting at. I would be elated to pursue further relations between our peoples. It is the least I could do. I know this much at least, that Emperor Kintober and Mykep were good friends and I stole that away from him. If there is anything I can do, please let me know and perhaps in the future, I could meet with his Majesty myself and we can discuss things of a political and personal nature."

She smiled. "Of course that's all up in the air. Your thoughts?"

Hank grinned. "I believe that would be a welcomed action. Now, I know I can get you to meet with the Emperor sometime in the not-to-distant future. If you would like that is. If not, I'm sure there's dozens of other diplomatic channels you can access to negotiate talks or treaties. As far as basic information on our country goes, I'll be more than happy to provide it." Hank said, feeling more comfortable as he fell into his zone. Phil rudely ruined the feeling.

"Hank, a treaty must be based on trust, correct?" He asked. Hank felt like hurting Phil in some way.

"For God's sake don't say something stupid!" He thought. "Yeessss....." Hank replied slowly, fearing the worst.

"Well then, here's the first step." Phil said. He took a few papers out of his coat pocked and handed them to Sarah. "He works with your kitchen staff. Made himself scarce when Mykep attacked. I won't tell you his real name, but I will tell you he's one of our intelligence agents, bringing us information from your government. Passive spying. Any information that wasn't a threat to Eggman Empire was destroyed promptly. One on of the papers is a list of the locations where he's hidden bugs around your house." He explained.

OOC: Bugs? Oh, that's lovely... <_<

*thinks carefully* Anthony never said anything overtly incriminating while in that house, did he? :unsure:

OOC: That you are actually taking him seriously is astounding. Let them roleplay without your needless, cluttering commentary.

OOC: That you are actually taking him seriously is astounding. Let them roleplay without your needless, cluttering commentary.

OOC: Sargun, out of respect for both of them, I won't say here what I think of that statement, nor of your general attitude toward me lately.

She has indicated in the past that she doesn't mind the occasinal comment, but if she wishes me to stop, she only has to ask me and it'll be done.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Hank grinned. "I believe that would be a welcomed action. Now, I know I can get you to meet with the Emperor sometime in the not-to-distant future. If you would like that is. If not, I'm sure there's dozens of other diplomatic channels you can access to negotiate talks or treaties. As far as basic information on our country goes, I'll be more than happy to provide it." Hank said, feeling more comfortable as he fell into his zone. Phil rudely ruined the feeling.

"Hank, a treaty must be based on trust, correct?" He asked. Hank felt like hurting Phil in some way.

"For God's sake don't say something stupid!" He thought. "Yeessss....." Hank replied slowly, fearing the worst.

"Well then, here's the first step." Phil said. He took a few papers out of his coat pocked and handed them to Sarah. "He works with your kitchen staff. Made himself scarce when Mykep attacked. I won't tell you his real name, but I will tell you he's one of our intelligence agents, bringing us information from your government. Passive spying. Any information that wasn't a threat to Eggman Empire was destroyed promptly. One on of the papers is a list of the locations where he's hidden bugs around your house." He explained.

"Well I'm sure that most of the information was burned up then, like I said before, the Commonwealth hasn't had much to do with Eggman, in its entire history. But I want to thank you for coming clean with this kind of stuff, it will definitely make me feel much safer." Sarah took the piece of paper and folded it into her coat. "The man of course can stay on the kitchen staff, but I'll just keep a closer eye on him, that's all." She said with a wink.

"But as for a meeting with the Emperor. Perhaps we could arrange something at the end of the week. I'd be happy to fly up to your capital and meet him personally. But its entirely up to you two. We can easily do the same discussion here. If there's more to discuss."

"Well I'm sure that most of the information was burned up then, like I said before, the Commonwealth hasn't had much to do with Eggman, in its entire history. But I want to thank you for coming clean with this kind of stuff, it will definitely make me feel much safer." Sarah took the piece of paper and folded it into her coat. "The man of course can stay on the kitchen staff, but I'll just keep a closer eye on him, that's all." She said with a wink.

"But as for a meeting with the Emperor. Perhaps we could arrange something at the end of the week. I'd be happy to fly up to your capital and meet him personally. But its entirely up to you two. We can easily do the same discussion here. If there's more to discuss."

Hank prevented himself from breathing a loud sigh of relief. Phil's ungainly wrench he'd thrown into the delicate situation had been blown off without so much as a harsh word. Sarah saw truly a seasoned diplomat.

"I thank you for understanding. Rest assured, we will brief him on the change, and make sure he reports to you as well...er if you like, anyway. As to your request, I believe that I can arrange a meeting by week's end." He said, feeling back in control again. "While we're here, is there anything about the Eggman Empire you wish to discuss?"