Infra Jump Q

nerolocutus

Howdy ya'll,

Im currently sitting at 2999.99 infra... and do not anticipate having any money for an infra jump for almost a month. My question is... is it economically worth it to just jump to 3200.99 infra right now, then wait the month, or should I stay at 2999.99 for a month and not do a donation this month? I know bills go up a lot after 2999 infra, is 3200 enough to overcome this extra cost?

Thanks! :)

Howdy ya'll,

Im currently sitting at 2999.99 infra... and do not anticipate having any money for an infra jump for almost a month. My question is... is it economically worth it to just jump to 3200.99 infra right now, then wait the month, or should I stay at 2999.99 for a month and not do a donation this month? I know bills go up a lot after 2999 infra, is 3200 enough to overcome this extra cost?

Thanks! :)

My guess is yes...but don't quote me on this. There are some very useful infra jump calculators floating around, and I would suggest checking one out (not sure of the link at the moment). If I recall though, 200 was usually enough to be profitable.

I think the donation was the 200 he was referring to in the first place ;)

I was implying that he should first purchase 200 infra and then buy a donation, bringing his total gain to 3400.

A good strategy with donations is to get one at the end of the month and one at the beginning, so it's two in less than 24 hours.

While the MFO infra calc isn't up to date (we actually have someone working on updating it, though, haha the poor schmuck), you don't need the crazy values that people quote for jumps.

Just try this when you buy your infra...

Assume people are right and you need 500000000 infra to make a jump. Save until you get that amount. Now calculate your current profit (income-bills) and record this number. (Make sure to take into account that you pay bills with LCs and collect without, if you are LC swapping)

Now just buy infra, and check your profit after every so many infra purchased. Keep purchasing until you get a higher profit than when at 2999.99. You'll notice that the number isn't as crazy as quoted, though it is useful to worry about the jump, as warned.

I was implying that he should first purchase 200 infra and then buy a donation, bringing his total gain to 3400.

A good strategy with donations is to get one at the end of the month and one at the beginning, so it's two in less than 24 hours.

Not really. I tried doing that and you still have your 5 business day waiting period before you can receive it

I thought the rules were "Only one donation bonus per calendar month is allowed."

Edited by Gambit

Don't buy up to 3200. Buy up to 3199.99. You'll thank me later. But, yes, around 200 is what you need to clear the hurdle. Be sure to do loads of tech deals so you can get higher than 3199.99, though, because it's so awesome to spend an hour buying infra, 10 at a time.

What I normally do is when it's time to do my jump I normally get a D-deal then buy like 20 infra. This saves me loads my last infra jump to 7K saved me over 40mill but you have to calculate what will be better for your nation. Just like King Irwin said there are some caculators out there or you can do a rouge caculation. The formula for a rough calculation is...

(Infrastructure Costs Per Level x 10) x 200 = Your rough estimation.

For this part...(Infrastructure Costs Per Level x 10)... round up so let's say that it costs you 152k for ten infra your rough estimate would be like 160k. So this accounts for the increase of money it costs.

What I normally do is when it's time to do my jump I normally get a D-deal then buy like 20 infra. This saves me loads my last infra jump to 7K saved me over 40mill but you have to calculate what will be better for your nation. Just like King Irwin said there are some caculators out there or you can do a rouge caculation. The formula for a rough calculation is...

(Infrastructure Costs Per Level x 10) x 200 = Your rough estimation.

For this part...(Infrastructure Costs Per Level x 10)... round up so let's say that it costs you 152k for ten infra your rough estimate would be like 160k. So this accounts for the increase of money it costs.

I would suggest you buy 20 infra, and THEN get the donation ;) Why buy the infra at the higer level?