Merging?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that every time a new or inexperienced ruler misunderstands the unwritten etiquette of the politics of this place, he is often mocked and teased? Wouldn't it be far more productive to offer him some meaningful advice? Not every new ruler is looking for undeserved attention. Perhaps instead of treating every new ruler who breaks these political taboos as if they are a DrBanner or RyanGDI (who have been given valid advice and ignore it), we could try to ensure these new rulers remain active on this planet as productive participants.

I founded a micro-alliance on the same day I founded my nation. Two years later, I am still leading a small alliance and rather enjoying myself. If not for the various mentors I met along the way, I would have never enjoyed my experience here and would have probably left these parts ages ago. Small alliances can be fun, and believe it or not, many of the people who create them are dedicated to keeping them active and viable. Instead, a vibrant and fun part of this planet is scorned and mocked because they often ignore the etiquette or culture of the major alliances. I would be a hypocrite to say I have never mocked the mistakes of the inexperienced among us. However, over time I learned I could make some long lasting friends by offering help and advice, rather than watching them squirm in public. It is for those friendships that people become attached to this place. I suspect mentoring new rulers will encourage them to stay active moreso than publicly castigating them for what amounts to using a different modus operandi than the established alliances.

Edited by Dan123123

Why is it that every time a new or inexperienced ruler misunderstands the unwritten etiquette of the politics of this place, he is often mocked and teased? Wouldn't it be far more productive to offer him some meaningful advice?

Well said. I add my support (as I was about to make a similar comment anyway.)

normal_colbert_headdesk.jpg

Kenji, if you were gonna give up this quickly and merge into another alliance, you should never have left New Era in the first place. :P

This is a prime example of why people should NOT found new alliances every day.

Please, you have no idea what you are doing. Go join another alliance and learn that way.

He was in "another alliance." No fewer than two, as a matter of fact. :P And he was one of those types that just couldn't sit still and learn.

EDIT: stupid awkward Aspie wording :lol1:

Edited by Uralica

Why is it that every time a new or inexperienced ruler misunderstands the unwritten etiquette of the politics of this place, he is often mocked and teased? Wouldn't it be far more productive to offer him some meaningful advice? Not every new ruler is looking for undeserved attention. Perhaps instead of treating every new ruler who breaks these political taboos as if they are a DrBanner or RyanGDI (who have been given valid advice and ignore it), we could try to ensure these new rulers remain active on this planet as productive participants.

I founded a micro-alliance on the same day I founded my nation. Two years later, I am still leading a small alliance and rather enjoying myself. If not for the various mentors I met along the way, I would have never enjoyed my experience here and would have probably left these parts ages ago. Small alliances can be fun, and believe it or not, many of the people who create them are dedicated to keeping them active and viable. Instead, a vibrant and fun part of this planet is scorned and mocked because they often ignore the etiquette or culture of the major alliances. I would be a hypocrite to say I have never mocked the mistakes of the inexperienced among us. However, over time I learned I could make some long lasting friends by offering help and advice, rather than watching them squirm in public. It is for those friendships that people become attached to this place. I suspect mentoring new rulers will encourage them to stay active moreso than publicly castigating them for what amounts to using a different modus operandi than the established alliances.

Well said.

Good luck to the OP in finding what they are looking for.

Oath. I mean, if someone says "u r doin it rong!!!" you tend not to do it again.

As usual, Crushtania, you make a good point. But we must also remember the horde of people who lack the ability to differentiate between doing it wrong with doing it differently. The tremendous smashing pressure of social conformity may make others easier to deal with but just as often stifles creative progress.

Take the OP for example, say some one in a 10 person group decides that they could use an invigorating change and does indeed merge with his, uh, 2 man alliance. And maybe this third creation is actually more dynamic and likely to prosper.

Is that likely to happen? Beats me. And even if probability is against him, we won't know until he puts his neck out there and tries it.

*shrugs*

An alliance wanting to merge with The Last Crusade will be ok but you guys must follow the requirments

- must have only 10- members

- must talk to me on IRC the channel is #T_L_C

(optional)

- must post an embassy at The Last Crusade!

PM me if anyone want to merge with me!

TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING! THE LAST CRUSADE WILL CONTINUE ITS HOLY MISSION! /O

I WILL LOCK SOME OF ALLIANCE THAT POSTED IN HERE! U WILL PAY THE PRICE SOMEDAY!

SOMEONE PLS LOCK THIS TOPIC!

Theres a massive guide in "Player Created Alliances" subforum which explains a lot about alliances and making them. You should read that.

Hey, I wrote that!

I'd suggest asking your protectors for advice, they're good people. Otherwise, I'm happy to answer any questions.