Höfuðborgarsvæðinukrokurfjordur Conference

Californian

"I would like to propose optional aggression via mutual aggression by popular vote. If a nation so wishes, it can put it up to a vote, and the rest of the bloc says whether or not they agree and why. After that, if a certain percentage has voted yes, say 75% to make sure it is at least close to unanimous, we act as a group in aggression. That seems like the right way to do this sort of thing, but I am open to suggestions."

Yes, this is what we were alluding to, we support this suggestion.

"Mentaller. While we do not have issues with many of the nations here, we do have serious reservations with some of the others. I highly doubt that Taeunas troops, let alone High Command, will agree to defending these.
"While Xaristan would wish the representative from Taeunas to be more specific about which nations they actually have a problem with instead of being vague and cryptic, we can understand their concern and share it.

We too are interested in knowing which nations you have reservations about. Of the nations that showed up, I believe almost all of them were part of your True European Coalition or helped it during the GNR War. And a successor state of the GNR, Prussia, has changed governments and become a strong rock of stability in Europe. If there are reasons why a nation should not be part of this, please be frank and discuss them.

At this time, for a vast majority of you here, meaning anyone not on the North American continent, the only thing we would consider signing is an economic treaty."
"A treaty like this is not in our best interests at the moments. We're sorry to have wasted the representatives time." The diplomat packs up his things and leaves.

In our invitation we stated the purpose of this meeting was "to discuss the possible formation of an organization primarily focused on defense and military cooperation" and we are confused to as why you came if you weren't even open to discussing the idea.

It seems as though I may have been too ambitious initially. We would like to remind everyone the ideas initially proposed are simply talking points to discuss and go over. In response to Taeunas, yes, we have closely followed current world events. We know the USA and GNR wars are over and see that true peace is taking hold. We felt this was an excellent opportunity.

However, we can see where you are coming from. Old wounds run deep and it does take a while to heal them. Perhaps a better course of action may be a simple MDP (possibly with Norway's suggestion) to foster trust and partnership amongst member nations before taking anything further.

The bavarian representative tiltes his head, listening to the Groenlandian rep and the ambassadors of the other countries.

Once he could speak, he stood up.

"I will make it short: Bavaria will not, under any circumstances, sign a treaty that includes any kind of aggression clause at this time, be it mutual or optional. Should you not decide to drop this, then I shall take my leave."

Edited by Lynneth

Angered by the lack of inclusion in the activities of Europe some Slavorussian MP‘s, have called this meeting a farce. They noted that a number of nations invited have questionable pasts, and some like Nordheim and Repubblica Italiana still have questionable policies even today. To make matters worse Molakia, Slavorussia’s northern ally doesn’t have easy access to the Atlantic Ocean, but still they were invited.

Just after a session of the Slavorussian parliament a Deputy from Nizhny Novgorod district told Moscow reporters, “It‘s almost we’re not even a European nation anymore. First the CEU and now this. It‘s ridiculous.”

Premier Medvedev also expressed his concerns saying Slavorussia was in “geographical limbo” and said “It would be rude to barge in at events we were not invited to, but on the other hand it‘s our job to make sure the international community recognizes what Slavorussia has to offer.” Despite his concerns the Premier says patients is a virtue he has in abundance.

ooc: :(

In our invitation we stated the purpose of this meeting was "to discuss the possible formation of an organization primarily focused on defense and military cooperation" and we are confused to as why you came if you weren't even open to discussing the idea.

It seems as though I may have been too ambitious initially. We would like to remind everyone the ideas initially proposed are simply talking points to discuss and go over. In response to Taeunas, yes, we have closely followed current world events. We know the USA and GNR wars are over and see that true peace is taking hold. We felt this was an excellent opportunity.

However, we can see where you are coming from. Old wounds run deep and it does take a while to heal them. Perhaps a better course of action may be a simple MDP (possibly with Norway's suggestion) to foster trust and partnership amongst member nations before taking anything further.

"Xaristan does not see an MDP as a document to foster trust between nations. An MDP is what you sign when you have trust between nations. I'm not going to tell someone that I'm going to defend them if I do not trust them, what is the sense in that?"

"We were open to discussing the idea of military cooperation in various theaters and seeing what defensive structures may be proposed. However, when the first suggestion tossed out is the idea to make this a MADP, well, this just shows us that this is going to simply be another power bloc that, eventually, we will work to oppose and bring down."