Research amongst the dragons

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Just to point out ground based solar wouldn't work too well in India as about half the year it rains most of the day. However in the desert areas of china you may be able to set up effective ground based solar.

Dranagg offers Scab labor to replace striking Promised Land laborers.

That is all for the moment.

Dragonisia accepts the laborers, if the Promised Land laborers will not work, then the corporations will be granted other options. Talk to the coprorations on site to see if they are willing to accept the injected work forces. We are ready to issue green cards.

OOC: Er, before I reply to that...what about the pandemic in your nation? Wouldn;t more workers be afraid of coming?

OOC: Er, before I reply to that...what about the pandemic in your nation? Wouldn;t more workers be afraid of coming?

OOC: I will answer with the current weather in Dranagg. Then you decide if a trip to India would scare these workers.

Current Weather

07/18/2009

07:36:00 GMT

Temperature

-68.1°C -90.6°F

WindChill

-87.2°C -125.0°F

OOC: I will answer with the current weather in Dranagg. Then you decide if a trip to India would scare these workers.

Current Weather

07/18/2009

07:36:00 GMT

Temperature

-68.1°C -90.6°F

WindChill

-87.2°C -125.0°F

OOC: So they'd rather risk a near-certain death in case of infection...never mind.

IC: The strikers, with no apparent previous planning, have quit their strike. It is speculated that because their cause is now moot, many of them see no point in continuing this pointless protest, and they wish to prove that they can do it without any more assistance from outside their respective nations.

In Cochin, to the Overseer's consternation, no official record had been kept of who had participated in the strike, meaning that any who expressed willingness to sign the new agreement had to be accepted. This included nearly everyone.

The Department of Industries Liaison(DI) had a conference with the RCPF Captain (PC) in charge of the site and a Dept of External Affairs liaison(DEA).

DI: Capt. Adder, could you please show Mr. Baldrick the list of strikers?

The Captain promptly handed the list of employees.

DEA: So the company maintains they have no record and have not asked you eh?

DI: Yes. They seem to be overly protective of these subversives.

PC: Well would they not protect their own? Anyway I have intensified surveillance over the work site. Passive and unmanned variety of course. Should any sabotage occur in the near future am I authorized to arrest the culprits?

DEA: No, we cannot arrest them. We can definitely refuse to issue further Visa.

DI: Thank You, gentlemen. On my behalf my Dept is not prepared to take much more of such disruption. We shall not interfere with the company in any more issue and if they delay they will have to pay us damages. I hope that is legal?

DEA: Oh yes. Contract would have been violated by them.

• 2 weeks later...