Research amongst the dragons

OOC: is this limited to DE only? If its open to DB the following IC post applies.

IC:

Dranagg feels that the Solar, Hydro, and Wind power sources should be immediately implemented into the power demands for the large scale Hydroponics infrastructure plan to further reduce the costs needed to produce mass quantities of food.

Reduce oil and natural gas to such things as high performance aerospace fuels and other places that bio fuels cannot replace.

These alternative energy sources can provide a constant, never need replenishing, source of energy for the growth and processing of the entire hydroponic system.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Power Inc. promptly sent the estimated bill--at 7 million Pounds per Solar Power Farm, and 100 million Pounds per wind farm, the total was estimated at 570 million Pounds.

Equipment would be brought in from Promised Land, but labor would be divided evenly between the local workers and Promised Land's labor pool.

All laws and rules as stipulated by Cochin would be complied with.

70 Million pounds are being transferred to Martin Power Inc as the start up amount. 250 Million shall be paid at the halfway time, when all the purchase orders are submitted, and remaining amount at the time of handing over.

OOC: Pre-determined RP? Nanosolar is mostly a research company, and could save you guys a ton of IC money.

Offer is pulled due to no responce. /OOC

We at Nanosolar found a flaw in our design, so we recend our offer for the moment.

OOC: Semi-pre-determined.

OOC: is this limited to DE only? If its open to DB the following IC post applies.

IC:

Dranagg feels that the Solar, Hydro, and Wind power sources should be immediately implemented into the power demands for the large scale Hydroponics infrastructure plan to further reduce the costs needed to produce mass quantities of food.

Reduce oil and natural gas to such things as high performance aerospace fuels and other places that bio fuels cannot replace.

These alternative energy sources can provide a constant, never need replenishing, source of energy for the growth and processing of the entire hydroponic system.

OOC: Open to Dragon Bloc as well, though only if the nation in question sends an invite. As you just did. :)

IC: "I have to admit, I know little about the Antarctic continent. Do you recieve enough sun to make Solar Power a viable source of power?"

~William Thoreau, manager of Thoreau Solar Industries

"Hydro-Corp would be delighted to build a number of Wind Farms for you. Just name how many you wish. Though it may cost a little more than 100 million per farm, as they will need to be adapted for your unique conditions. We would also be willing to build hydro-electric facilities."

OOC: How effective would those be, though? I really don't know much about that continent.

70 Million pounds are being transferred to Martin Power Inc as the start up amount. 250 Million shall be paid at the halfway time, when all the purchase orders are submitted, and remaining amount at the time of handing over.

"This is acceptable. Our workers and equipment are already on their way."

it wouldn't take long. in fact, some were already there, and immediately, ground was broken in preparation for the main force.

--------

In Dragonisia, completion was estimated at 3%.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Open to Dragon Bloc as well, though only if the nation in question sends an invite. As you just did. :)

IC: "I have to admit, I know little about the Antarctic continent. Do you recieve enough sun to make Solar Power a viable source of power?"

"Hydro-Corp would be delighted to build a number of Wind Farms for you. Just name how many you wish. Though it may cost a little more than 100 million per farm, as they will need to be adapted for your unique conditions. We would also be willing to build hydro-electric facilities."

OOC: How effective would those be, though? I really don't know much about that continent.

OOC: i set a plan for the entire Dragon Bloc to make hydroponics farms on a massive scale. At least 10% of current farmland/fallow land and 10% of unused inner city land. Meaning a lot of large buildings that need energy to grow massive amounts of stuff.

IC: The alternative energies are needed in all nations that belong to the Dragon Bloc that are part of the Dranaggan plan to convert 10% of unused land and farmland in Dragon Bloc. They need power to run the grow lamps, the climate control machines, the water purifier, the pumps, and many more things.

However in Dranagg itself we do not need solar or wind power. Port Kurast might be interested in any wave power you might have, but the rest of the country is run on Geothermal or burning fuels.

OOC: i set a plan for the entire Dragon Bloc to make hydroponics farms on a massive scale. At least 10% of current farmland/fallow land and 10% of unused inner city land. Meaning a lot of large buildings that need energy to grow massive amounts of stuff.

IC: The alternative energies are needed in all nations that belong to the Dragon Bloc that are part of the Dranaggan plan to convert 10% of unused land and farmland in Dragon Bloc. They need power to run the grow lamps, the climate control machines, the water purifier, the pumps, and many more things.

However in Dranagg itself we do not need solar or wind power. Port Kurast might be interested in any wave power you might have, but the rest of the country is run on Geothermal or burning fuels.

"In that case, if any nation of the bloc steps forward wishing to take part in this, one of us [the companies] will take their offer."

--------

Progress has been steady in Cochin and Dragonisia. However, a problem has arisen.

Many workers brought in from Promised Land have gone on strike, protesting the Dragon Empire's missile strik on the Khmer Empire's Capitol building. this would not be so bad if they were using their temproary residences, instead of sitting on the construction site refusing to move.

Progress on the Dragonisian projects--10% complete.

Progress on the Cochin projects--5% complete.

"In that case, if any nation of the bloc steps forward wishing to take part in this, one of us [the companies] will take their offer."

--------

Progress has been steady in Cochin and Dragonisia. However, a problem has arisen.

Many workers brought in from Promised Land have gone on strike, protesting the Dragon Empire's missile strik on the Khmer Empire's Capitol building. this would not be so bad if they were using their temproary residences, instead of sitting on the construction site refusing to move.

Progress on the Dragonisian projects--10% complete.

Progress on the Cochin projects--5% complete.

Strikes are frowned upon in Cochin. If the strike shows a tendencies to continue we suggest the strikers be repatriated to Promised Land. If they indulge in any acts of destruction and vandalism they will be answerable to Cochin Law.

Strikes are frowned upon in Cochin. If the strike shows a tendencies to continue we suggest the strikers be repatriated to Promised Land. If they indulge in any acts of destruction and vandalism they will be answerable to Cochin Law.

The strikers have so far proven to abide by the laws, so long as strikes are not considered illegal. But they have also refused to move.

The strikers have so far proven to abide by the laws, so long as strikes are not considered illegal. But they have also refused to move.

Strikes are legal- to a limit. However we do frown upon foreigners striking in Cochin soil. We shall have to request you to send them back and employ additional workers. If they refuse to clear the construction sites with Promised Land's permission we could order our Police units to use non-lethal force to remove them.

It is a contract after all. It is as much in your interest to complete as ours.

Strikes are legal- to a limit. However we do frown upon foreigners striking in Cochin soil. We shall have to request you to send them back and employ additional workers. If they refuse to clear the construction sites with Promised Land's permission we could order our Police units to use non-lethal force to remove them.

It is a contract after all. It is as much in your interest to complete as ours.

"We realize that, but any show of force, non-lethal or not, may only exacerbate the problem. And add to that the fact that many of these people are not actually our emplyees, but third-party contractors who have provided much of the necessary equipment in the first place..."

The worried executive was biting his own nails as he conferred with the Cochin representative.

"We realize that, but any show of force, non-lethal or not, may only exacerbate the problem. And add to that the fact that many of these people are not actually our emplyees, but third-party contractors who have provided much of the necessary equipment in the first place..."

The worried executive was biting his own nails as he conferred with the Cochin representative.

"Hmm. Anyway are they actually blocking the work, meaning obstructing other workers from entering the site? And what are the nationalities of these workers? If they are citizens of Cochin they can be aptly handled. Another thing we want to ask you is how is the strike actually being conducted? How do they get their food, water and how do they go about for sanitation. If we have those information we may be able to tackle them without use of force."

The executive opened and closed his mouth several times, before finally recovering his voice.

"I d-don't know all the answers, but I d-do know they are mainly from Promised Land, with a scattering of people from Cochin (OOC: no government is supported 100% by the people, so I hope you don't mind that). They aren't obstructing workers from coming onsite, b-but they are preventing work from progressing by sitting on the site itself. We brought portable facilitites for sanitation, so they don't have to leave the area for those needs. I don't know how they are getting their food and water."

OOC: The executive doesn't know, but they're getting their food and water from other workers who are not actively participating in the strike, workers who support them in ideal, but are thinking more about how they need the money from the work.

They're being careful about that, but quiet observation should reveal that after a couple days.

The executive opened and closed his mouth several times, before finally recovering his voice.

"I d-don't know all the answers, but I d-do know they are mainly from Promised Land, with a scattering of people from Cochin (OOC: no government is supported 100% by the people, so I hope you don't mind that). They aren't obstructing workers from coming onsite, b-but they are preventing work from progressing by sitting on the site itself. We brought portable facilitites for sanitation, so they don't have to leave the area for those needs. I don't know how they are getting their food and water."

OOC: The executive doesn't know, but they're getting their food and water from other workers who are not actively participating in the strike, workers who support them in ideal, but are thinking more about how they need the money from the work.

They're being careful about that, but quiet observation should reveal that after a couple days.

"Hmm, then we would suggest that all employees currently employed at the sites be fired, striking and non striking. The site shall be shut down for one week. Total shut down shall be imposed by our Police units. No electricity, water or food shall be provided to the site. If the employees get violent and damage company properties our Police shall arrest them and hand them over to you. At the end of a week of deprivation the striking employees shall venture out of the site. We suggest that you offer fair termination wages to all present employees, striking and non striking. At the end of the week those people still sticking on to the strike will be too weak to resist and they shall be carried off to nearby hospitals.

Their treatment shall be at the Kingdom's expense.

While this is going on, we suggest that you start alternate recruitment. All new employees must sign a special contract promising not to strike or disrupt the work at site in any way.

This may be the best alternative possible in this situation."

"B-but what would my superiors say, firing workers who have nothing to do with it?" He was near to tearing his hair out, but he was beginning to think that might be the only viable option. "And we would lose much of the equipment to the angered third-party contractors, unless we would be allowed to re-hire those not participating in the strike?" he looked at the representative before him hopefully.

OOC EDIT: gah, spelling errors.

"B-but what would my superiors say, firing workers who have nothing to do with it?" He was near to tearing his hair out, but he was beginning to think that might be the only viable option. "And we would lose much of the equipment to the angered third-party contractors, unless we would be allowed to re-hire those not participating in the strike?" he looked at the representative before him hopefully.

OOC EDIT: gah, spelling errors.

"If any equipment is stolen or damaged by the third party workers it will be a crime and they shall be promptly arrested, with or without force. You can re-hire non strikers provided they sign the contract of no obstruction. If there are any losses to your company we shall compensate for it. Our only condition is that work must be completed as per schedule else the contract will be void.

If you have any problems taking this matter with your boss perhaps we can contact him directly. Surely an inter governmental request will not be denied by your superiors seeing that they are about to lose a valuable contract that has possibilities for repeat orders"

OOC: The speaker on my part is the Department of Industries liaison.

"If any equipment is stolen or damaged by the third party workers it will be a crime and they shall be promptly arrested, with or without force. You can re-hire non strikers provided they sign the contract of no obstruction. If there are any losses to your company we shall compensate for it. Our only condition is that work must be completed as per schedule else the contract will be void.

If you have any problems taking this matter with your boss perhaps we can contact him directly. Surely an inter governmental request will not be denied by your superiors seeing that they are about to lose a valuable contract that has possibilities for repeat orders"

OOC: The speaker on my part is the Department of Industries liaison.

"You misunderstand," the executive said to the liason. "The lost equipment wouldn't be from theft or damage, but simly the loss of its use, as it belongs to the contracting companies. But if we can re-hire the non-striking workers at the end of this, it might not be so bad." He sighed. "I really would appreciate it if you were to explain the situation to my boss personally. He won't take it so badly from an outside observer."

He reached into his pocket to retrieve his cell phone, dialing the number in question. "And while you're doing that, I have some orders to deliver."

Handing the phone to the liason once the number was dialed, he went to deliver the news to his underlings, who in turn would deliver it to the workers. It would result in a lot of complaints, but hopefully resolve the issue with the minimum amount of fuss.

"You misunderstand," the executive said to the liason. "The lost equipment wouldn't be from theft or damage, but simly the loss of its use, as it belongs to the contracting companies. But if we can re-hire the non-striking workers at the end of this, it might not be so bad." He sighed. "I really would appreciate it if you were to explain the situation to my boss personally. He won't take it so badly from an outside observer."

He reached into his pocket to retrieve his cell phone, dialing the number in question. "And while you're doing that, I have some orders to deliver."

Handing the phone to the liason once the number was dialed, he went to deliver the news to his underlings, who in turn would deliver it to the workers. It would result in a lot of complaints, but hopefully resolve the issue with the minimum amount of fuss.

"As we have stated earlier non striking personnel shall be permitted to work again if they sign the no obstruction contract. So I guess that means we are in agreement. We are glad that the issue have been finally resolved amicably. I have to contact the Department with the results."

Edited by king of cochin

"As we have stated earlier non striking personnel shall be permitted to work again if they sign the no obstruction contract. So I guess that means we are in agreement. We are glad that the issue have been finally resolved amicably. I have to contact the Department with the results."

As predicted by the exectutive in charge, the summary firing of all workers resulted in a loss of at least two seperate sub-contractors, and no small amount of grumbling from the now-unemployed workers, including a few more Cochin citizens than before.

A large minority of the strikers left the area in question, taking their protest elsewhere, to the area around the government building nearest the construction site.

In Dragonisia the workers were allowed to strike. No work no pay.. their corporate masters were the ones losing money.

OOC: It also means that the land is sitting there, doing no one any good, you know...

IC: The bosses in charge of the projects were also frantic. They did not have the benefit of working as closely with the Dragonisian authorities that the Cochin Contract gave their competitors.

And they couldn't use the same solution, either, considering the disease outbreak in this state of the Empire.

As predicted by the exectutive in charge, the summary firing of all workers resulted in a loss of at least two seperate sub-contractors, and no small amount of grumbling from the now-unemployed workers, including a few more Cochin citizens than before.

A large minority of the strikers left the area in question, taking their protest elsewhere, to the area around the government building nearest the construction site.

OOC: It also means that the land is sitting there, doing no one any good, you know...

IC: The bosses in charge of the projects were also frantic. They did not have the benefit of working as closely with the Dragonisian authorities that the Cochin Contract gave their competitors.

And they couldn't use the same solution, either, considering the disease outbreak in this state of the Empire.

OOC: I realize that. Dragonisia doesn't punish people striking though, people have free speech here. Striking is a protected right of workers.

OOC: I realize that. Dragonisia doesn't punish people striking though, people have free speech here. Striking is a protected right of workers.

OOC: I know...but surely there's got to be some kind of reaction other than simply, calmly observing, considering its your land?

ooc: Nope, just calmly watching. Do you know how many strikes have occurred in the history of the world that nations have quietly ignored? There have been many. I only know of a very few times when the United States has ever intervened in strikes for example.. and there have been many in the U.S. throughout its history.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: Nope, just calmly watching. Do you know how many strikes have occurred in the history of the world that nations have quietly ignored? There have been many. I only know of a very few times when the United States has ever intervened in strikes for example.. and there have been many in the U.S. throughout its history.

OOC: Hmm...good point, at least about the government. You are, collectively as part of the Empire, a First World nation, but still...the government's hardly the only one involved.