Research amongst the dragons

Several private companies have announced today theiur intention to assess, if possible, expansion into the Dragon Empire, and possibly other nations in the Dragon Bloc.

What do these companies have in common? All are leaders in the industry of alternate energy sources, from the most efficient Solar energy, to hydroelectric power, to the relatively new industry (at least to our nation) of biofuels.

To this end, proffessionals have been dispatched to the various member states of the Dragon Empire to assess where, if any, each of these energy sources would be most effective, and which states would be the most receptive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

President Landry:

"If you can prove to me and my citizens that alternative energy is more cost-efficient than fossil fuels, then we will take this seriously. Until then, the Melvin Republic will not support the switch."

"Dragonisia is willing to support exploration into alternative power supplies, not as a replacement to fossil fuels, but as a supplement. We strongly believe that eventually power costs are going to come into equilibrium as they're all forms of electrical power and the cheapest source will provide the standard by which all other prices will follow. That said, the more power the better. Competition is good. You have a right to compete, come give our companies a run for their money."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: I need to know a few basic facts about you before I can properly answer that. Does your nation get a lot of sun? A lot of rain contibuting to rivers and other sources of hydroelectric power? A lot of wind? Other stuff would be helpful too.

IC: "Due to our geographic loacation, we have had to depend almost entirely on such alternative energy sources ourselves. Thus as a matter of course we have been forced to research more and more efficient ways of utilyzing alternate, renewable energy sources."

OOC: Well, I was actually directing that comment at Sir Jesus, but you posted about the same time I did... Still, thanks.

IC: The reports came back almost immediately on the State of Dragonisia. They were at an ideal location to obtain access for three major sources of alternate energy for themselves--solar, wind, and water. Of course, the primary energy that Promised Land depended on was Solar power, so as the most efficient, they were the most capable of expanding.

The first company to survey for potential building sites was Thoreau Solar industries.

Also, a collective announcement was made, one agreed upon by each company that sent out surveyors.

"While we realize that each state and nation we expand into will wish us to use local labor, we request that at we be allowed to fill at least administration and clerical positions with our own staff."

OOC: Hydroelectric dams (well, dams of any kind) are known for causing massive habitat damage.

OOC: Well, it tends to depend where they are located. They will naturally cause environmental damage because they alter and/or stop the flow of a river and reduces the circulation of water, as well as potentially causing flooding - that's why they have to be very well placed. They hardly produce any pollutant gases, though.

Anyways, I also got an alternative fuel industry at full steam, SKW. :P If you want to RP that later...

Edited by V The King

OOC: Well, it tends to depend where they are located. They will naturally cause environmental damage because they alter and/or stop the flow of a river and reduces the circulation of water, as well as potentially causing flooding - that's why they have to be very well placed. They hardly produce any pollutant gases, though.

Anyways, I also got an alternative fuel industry at full steam, SKW. :P If you want to RP that later...

OOC: Hmm, sounds intriguing. Perhaps...

Any particular specialties?

ooc: Its India.. Sun and rivers are in abundance. I would assume wind also, particularly near the Himalayan range.

OOC: and the massive amount of bio fuel the bloc and HEU are going to be producing :awesome: tsk tsk forgetting about that.

The Kingdom of Cochin is willing to support and assist in research into alternate energy sources. Our nation derives most of its energy from solar power, hydro electricity and nuclear power. We desire to expand our wind energy segment as a large part of our nation has abundant wind energy.

We invite Promised Land companies to come and explore their options in Cochin.

Several potential sites for tidal generators are located on the coastline. The Engineers identify 2-3 major wind farm locations where the mountain ranges in the north funnel the wind. Solar power seems an option available over most of the sub-continent if not all of it, except during the monsoon seasons.. and many of the rivers are of sufficient flow to to allow for hydro electric installations, again.. particularly near the mountains where rain is often caught in large sums.

The Kingdom of Cochin is willing to support and assist in research into alternate energy sources. Our nation derives most of its energy from solar power, hydro electricity and nuclear power. We desire to expand our wind energy segment as a large part of our nation has abundant wind energy.

We invite Promised Land companies to come and explore their options in Cochin.

Upon receiving the invitation, Martin Power Inc, which equally deals in Solar, hydroElectic, and Wind Power, snapped up the offer.

In addition to considering optimum sites for the facilities to harness wind power, they would also present their other options to the state of Cochin. While this member state was undoubtedly good at collecting power through the sun, they would probably not be as advanced as promised Land in the area of actually storing this power, nd this was where Martin Power Inc figured they would probably be the best opportunity for profit all around.

While these options, and the best sites for each, were being presented to the appropriat persons in Cochin, construction personel and equipment were standing by, waiting to see where they would be directed.

Several potential sites for tidal generators are located on the coastline. The Engineers identify 2-3 major wind farm locations where the mountain ranges in the north funnel the wind. Solar power seems an option available over most of the sub-continent if not all of it, except during the monsoon seasons.. and many of the rivers are of sufficient flow to to allow for hydro electric installations, again.. particularly near the mountains where rain is often caught in large sums.

Immediately after Thoreau Solar Industries, Hydro-Corp came in, surveying not only for ideal Hydroelectric power sources, but the wind power as well. Despite their name, they were more diverse than to depend on one source of power.

Each company, upon completion of their surveys, would send a representative to the appropriate persons, requesting approval to begin construction as soon as possible.

OOC: BTW, as soon as potential sites are determined, assume that that is what happens--that a rep is sent to obtain building permits and negotiate exact terms for the power usage, employment opportunities, etc. All that jazz. If anyone wants to Rp those meetings out in seperate threads, simply PM me with a link to a thread you've started, or with a request that I start it.

Regardless, any contstruction/other relevent company actions will be RP'd in this thread.

Dragonisia sends environment ministers to the key sites, their goal is to ensure no endangered species or wildlife is threatened. Once this has been confirmed or it has been confirmed the method of construction of the dam and generators were being done in a environmentally friendly fashion which included full back-stream reservoir flood plane analysis, a clearance marker was placed on the projects. This analysis is assumed to have taken 3 months at minimum.

Upon receiving the invitation, Martin Power Inc, which equally deals in Solar, hydroElectic, and Wind Power, snapped up the offer.

In addition to considering optimum sites for the facilities to harness wind power, they would also present their other options to the state of Cochin. While this member state was undoubtedly good at collecting power through the sun, they would probably not be as advanced as promised Land in the area of actually storing this power, nd this was where Martin Power Inc figured they would probably be the best opportunity for profit all around.

While these options, and the best sites for each, were being presented to the appropriat persons in Cochin, construction personel and equipment were standing by, waiting to see where they would be directed.

We suggest the barren regions of Xinjiang Province as possible sites for solar power harnessing and wind power harnessing. Your companies may deal with Department of Industry as liaisons. Once you had finished site survey and have come up with a quote for the project appropriate orders and payments may be readied.

Dragonisia sends environment ministers to the key sites, their goal is to ensure no endangered species or wildlife is threatened. Once this has been confirmed or it has been confirmed the method of construction of the dam and generators were being done in a environmentally friendly fashion which included full back-stream reservoir flood plane analysis, a clearance marker was placed on the projects. This analysis is assumed to have taken 3 months at minimum.

The delay was only to be expected, and the full plans were made available to the proper authorities. All proper safety measures were clear in the plans, including a few that the Dragonisians probably hadn't thought of, and these were made clear to the environment ministers. The architects in charge of the designs made sure to answer any question about the blueprints of each proposed facility, to the best of their ability.

We suggest the barren regions of Xinjiang Province as possible sites for solar power harnessing and wind power harnessing. Your companies may deal with Department of Industry as liaisons. Once you had finished site survey and have come up with a quote for the project appropriate orders and payments may be readied.

The representatives of Martin Power, Inc. took the suggestions made by the government. Immediately, they determined several ideal sites in the different desert regions of the province that would be ideal for the solar arrays, and several more were marked on the map as possible locations for collecting wind power.

The location of these sites were forwarded to the Department of Industry, along with the proposed plans for the facilities and estimated costs.

The plans included digging down deep to the bedrock to ensure the facilities were properly anchored in the desert.

Price was estimated at approximately 7 million Pounds per station, and 100 million Pounds per Wind Farm.

OOC: OK, quick question...willl you be preferring that I use local labor to build these, or is it all right if I bring in my own workers? Or a combination of both?

Sorry for the OOC, but I promise a definite answer means the next post will be purely IC.

OOC: I know I should be doing my zombie RP, but I do got something to add to this. Also, I've RP'd this company before as a company situated with GTI, but since has obviously removed itself from GTI; it is not evil! :P. As a final note, both technologies below are real tried-and-true. /OOC

A message from Nanosolar to the Dragon Bloc & Empire

Nanosolar would like to join your meeting and present two of our newest technologies; one is a solar panel that is less costly and prints like paper, the other is a unique design that increases the output energy of a single (standard) solar cell by 350 times. We would be grateful if we could recieve funding for these projects, and in return construct these cells for the Dragon Empire and the Dragon Bloc.

We eagerly await your return message.

OOC: OK, quick question...willl you be preferring that I use local labor to build these, or is it all right if I bring in my own workers? Or a combination of both?

Sorry for the OOC, but I promise a definite answer means the next post will be purely IC.

ooc: The labor pool is open to use however the corporations seek to use it.

OOC: Sorry for the late response.

IC: "The Melvin Republic is very interested in hydroelectric power, considering it is a very rewarding long-term investment. Several powerful rivers flow through our territory, and we would be interested in cost-efficient dams whose electric output should rival the market price for electricity. We care nothing for the environment or biodiversity, so that should not be a variable in your surveying.

We look forward to what can come of this meeting."

Edited by sir jesus

We would like to place orders for 10 Solar power farms and 5 Wind harnessing plants. Labor and recruitment are open to your deliberation. If you want to recruit from local talent pool you are more than welcome. Any foreign labor brought in must be registered with Department of Foreign Affairs and the company hiring them will be responsible for their well being. Any law and order issue shall be handles by local Police authorities and cases of extradition may be considered on a case by case basis.

After a time of studying the additions suggested by the Corporations from promised land the Environmental monitors approved them and applauded the innovation. The bureaucrats rubber stamped the deal and funding started to flow down the pipes for the construction.
ooc: The labor pool is open to use however the corporations seek to use it.

OOC: OK then, cool. :)

IC: Thoreau Solar Industries and Hydro-Corp, after obtaining the permits, immediately began putting the funding to good use. For construction, they brought in their own equipment, and recruited equally from their own labor pool, and the workers available in Dragonisia.

Current progress, Construction beginning. 1% completed.

OOC: Sorry for the late response.

IC: "The Melvin Republic is very interested in hydroelectric power, considering it is a very rewarding long-term investment. Several powerful rivers flow through our territory, and we would be interested in cost-efficient dams whose electric output should rival the market price for electricity. We care nothing for the environment or biodiversity, so that should not be a variable in your surveying.

We look forward to what can come of this meeting."

OOC: That's OK.

IC: Hydro-Corp. was delighted to take up this business offer. With this in mind, they sent several representatives to negotiate exact terms, along with surveyors to determine the best sites for each dam.

We would like to place orders for 10 Solar power farms and 5 Wind harnessing plants. Labor and recruitment are open to your deliberation. If you want to recruit from local talent pool you are more than welcome. Any foreign labor brought in must be registered with Department of Foreign Affairs and the company hiring them will be responsible for their well being. Any law and order issue shall be handles by local Police authorities and cases of extradition may be considered on a case by case basis.

Martin Power Inc. promptly sent the estimated bill--at 7 million Pounds per Solar Power Farm, and 100 million Pounds per wind farm, the total was estimated at 570 million Pounds.

Equipment would be brought in from Promised Land, but labor would be divided evenly between the local workers and Promised Land's labor pool.

All laws and rules as stipulated by Cochin would be complied with.

OOC: Pre-determined RP? Nanosolar is mostly a research company, and could save you guys a ton of IC money.

Offer is pulled due to no responce. /OOC

We at Nanosolar found a flaw in our design, so we recend our offer for the moment.

Edited by JerreyRough