Public Dispatch

Silhouette

Inviting Taiwan to join the Coalition is recognition of the state in itself, as if they were not a state, they could not fulfil the terms. The reasons behind this are our own. but, since the Republic of Yawoo is being so insistent, we shall tell you. We feel that bringing war to this region through stubborness and arrogance is in no way upholding the spirit of the Australasian Coalition. Much better to bring peace than war, even if it means swallowing our pride for the greater good. Even as we try to calm the situation, Yawoo continues to hound us with it's demands, and slander our good name. We are a founding member of this coalition, and we laugh at Yawoo for saying we are trying to destabilise the region, and for saying that we do not try to help. Why, we are supplying millions with vital aid every day, is that not helping? We await a response from Taiwan on this invitation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inviting Taiwan to join the Coalition is recognition of the state in itself, as if they were not a state, they could not fulfil the terms. The reasons behind this are our own. but, since the Republic of Yawoo is being so insistent, we shall tell you. We feel that bringing war to this region through stubborness and arrogance is in no way upholding the spirit of the Australasian Coalition. Much better to bring peace than war, even if it means swallowing our pride for the greater good. Even as we try to calm the situation, Yawoo continues to hound us with it's demands, and slander our good name. We are a founding member of this coalition, and we laugh at Yawoo for saying we are trying to destabilise the region, and for saying that we do not try to help. Why, we are supplying millions with vital aid every day, is that not helping? We await a response from Taiwan on this invitation.

You want to talk slandering a good name? You have yet to apologize to Taiwan for de-recognizing their sovereignty and then announcing to the world that Taiwan was taxing your shipping, you were the one who threatened Taiwan. We have yet to see any shred of proof to your allegations of taxation. So don't you dare try to pull the victim card when it was you and you alone who started all of this. It was you, and you alone, who has destabilized the region through your actions. I have seen no proof of your millions in "vital aid" what I have seen, however is your actions towards Taiwan. I suggest you re-read your Australasian Coalition charter, because it seems though a founding member you may be, that you have ignored the preamble.

'Taiwan thanks its Yawooian allies, but we would like for you to stand down and let us take control over this.'

*PRIVATE*

Taiwanese troops are to return to base and resume former positions, DEFCON is now at 4.

*MESSAGE TO NEW CYMRU*

After review, Taiwan would like to invite a New Cymru diplomat to Karumba for discussions.

Please be there as soon as you can.

Thank you.

Edited by Ezequiel

You want to talk slandering a good name? You have yet to apologize to Taiwan for de-recognizing their sovereignty and then announcing to the world that Taiwan was taxing your shipping, you were the one who threatened Taiwan. We have yet to see any shred of proof to your allegations of taxation. So don't you dare try to pull the victim card when it was you and you alone who started all of this. It was you, and you alone, who has destabilized the region through your actions. I have seen no proof of your millions in "vital aid" what I have seen, however is your actions towards Taiwan. I suggest you re-read your Australasian Coalition charter, because it seems though a founding member you may be, that you have ignored the preamble.

There has been no destabilization. You are overreacting. This was a public mistake that could have been fixed privately, and you're doing nothing to help it. This concerns nobody but the two parties, perhaps we should all just stop and let them handle it.

There has been no destabilization. You are overreacting. This was a public mistake that could have been fixed privately, and you're doing nothing to help it. This concerns nobody but the two parties, perhaps we should all just stop and let them handle it.

OOC: Are you speaking as Artemis or New Zealand? I never am sure these days... :unsure:

'Taiwan thanks its Yawooian allies, but we would like for you to stand down and let us take control over this.'

The Republic of Yawoo will of course honor Taiwan's request, and wishes Taiwan the best of luck.

Jacob O'Dell, a senior New Cymru diplomat, was sent to Karumba. Upon arriving the location, he could sense the tension. He hoped he could calm this situation down, and that the representative for Taiwan was equally as keen for peace. The only reason he was here was the narrow victory in the senate denouncing military action, but that was behind closed doors, and, thankfully, nobody in this country would ever know about it.

O'Dell took his seat, and opened his briefcase, from which he took a small folder, containing all his notes on the crisis.

"First and foremost, I wish to issue an apology to the Taiwanese government, for the somewhat rash action taken by New Cymru. While the situation is not to our liking, cooler heads should have prevailed. I hope, however, we can put this behind us, and foster a better mutual relationship."