The GMs Court

hawk11

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1282252892' post='2423471']
Its first flight was 1989.
Cold War tech usually goes to 1980 or so (+- 5 years) for CNRP purposes.

Valid complaint.
[/quote]

According to the Wiki the length of the cold war is 1947-1991 as it seems to have ended when the Soviet Union borke up. So actually the B2 Spirit is acceptable for her to have.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282258575' post='2423559']
Actually, when I divided the systems, most sub-modern nations have nineties and late 80s tech. The cold war era, in my vision, stopped at 1986.
[/quote]

Shame it didn't. I have and always will class my poor little third world nation as having equipment up until 19-90-91.

The Cold War did indeed end in 1991. 1986 is indeed an arbitrary date. However, the 1980s were a period of enormous military advancement and I do not think it would be out of the question to consider the 1980s to be the beginning of the "modern" military technology era. By this, it would not really be out of the question for us to restrict nations in Cold War tech to pre-1980, since that is generally what is thought of when we think of Cold War military tech.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1282260457' post='2423592']
The problem being that the Cold War ended in 1991, meaning anything before that would be labeled "Cold War technology". :v:

The solution is simple: instead of "cold war" change it to an actual year.
[/quote]

That would make more sense.

Edited by Mergerberger II

I dunno, the year I thought of was pretty arbitrary. I just knew making it 1991 would pretty much negate the need for a sub-modern era, since most of the sub-modern technology was invented at the end of the cold war.

It was my intention that cold war technology was the technology used as late as the vietnam war, and a little later, so I said 1986 to give the third-world guys a little leeway. So, I'm all for making the cutoff 1980.

Edited by Vince Sixx

~[i]"Cold war is still going on today."[/i] - Glenn Beck

Obviously 2010 tech can be used by third world nations then.

:v:

Edited by iamthey

Two GMs have posted since I made my request and neither responded <_<

So I repeat:

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1282248282' post='2423401']
I ask that this RP be wiped on grounds that it makes no sense whatsoever and the author is handsome.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90668
[/quote]

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282110589' post='2421251']
From my first post: "[color=#1C2837][size=2]Their targets were army barracks and air bases around Switzerland. "[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2]Meaning, all over your country. [/size][/color][/size][/quote]All over a country is more than a little vague, next time try being a little more specific.

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282175400' post='2422222']Well, I just sent the bombers on a patrol over Switzerland. It's kind of hard to miss a big airfield. Don't you think?[/quote] That doesn’t guarantee those patrols will find said airbases, next time engage in posts worth intelligence operations and air patrols (especially intelligence operations) to remove any doubt in the community. A little intelligence analysis goes a long way. . .

[quote name='Kaede Alexeivich' timestamp='1282286535' post='2424200']
I think 1980 is too soon. I think 1986 would be a better cut-off date for 'Cold War' technology.
[/quote]
1980 is perfect, you still have many of the major things that exist today (F-16 fighter jets, M1 Abrams, Supertankers, etc). The ideal thing to do would be to get rid of years, and look at countries. You can look at the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index"]Human Development Index[/url], for instance. If you have a 3rd world nation, you can use technologies found in under-developed nations. Modern nations can use developing nation's technologies, and 1st world nations can use developed nation's technologies. It all works out for the best.

I plan on just ignoring most of these threads and the GMs. They seem very inept at doing their jobs. Countless polls that really have nothing to do with role play. More soulless garbage about technobabble and other tripe. Not my cup of tea. If someone has a problem with my rp feel free to contact me in PM and we'll discuss it.

Till then, yall have a good day now.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1282291587' post='2424270']
1980 is perfect, you still have many of the major things that exist today (F-16 fighter jets, M1 Abrams, Supertankers, etc). The ideal thing to do would be to get rid of years, and look at countries. You can look at the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index"]Human Development Index[/url], for instance. If you have a 3rd world nation, you can use technologies found in under-developed nations. Modern nations can use developing nation's technologies, and 1st world nations can use developed nation's technologies. It all works out for the best.
[/quote]

Melech, this is the first idea you've had I agree with!

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1282298397' post='2424323']
I think the systems fine as it is and 1991 is the cutoff because that is when it ended.
Wiki says so, and so do a million other information websites directly off google.
[/quote]
I always learned that it ended in 1989, with the collapse of the Berlin Wall and such. By 1990, Yeltsin and his buddies were firmly secured in Russia, and had even made a mention of their intent to declare independence. If we want, we can change "Cold War" to "Gulf War."

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282321901' post='2424618']
Melech, this is the first idea you've had I agree with!
[/quote]
:o

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282196466' post='2422759']
Requesting two spy rolls on Biohazard for my air force pilots-turned spies to be undetected by Swiss forces.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8577153/biospyodds.png[/img]

[/quote]

I'm bumping this up because it seemed to be ignored, or unread.

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282196466' post='2422759']
Requesting two spy rolls on Biohazard for my air force pilots-turned spies to be undetected by Swiss forces.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8577153/biospyodds.png[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1282352546' post='2425195']
I'm bumping this up because it seemed to be ignored, or unread.
[/quote]

^This would be a bad roll to permit. Air force operations conducted through spy rolls could easily lead the way for stealth operations depending on GM rolls for success. Spy rolls should be for spy ops only, not for air force operations. Depending on the stealth capabilities of vince's planes and bio's stealth detection capabilities, let RP decide the detectability of the planes, not spy rolls.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1282412502' post='2425795']
^This would be a bad roll to permit. Air force operations conducted through spy rolls could easily lead the way for stealth operations depending on GM rolls for success. Spy rolls should be for spy ops only, not for air force operations. Depending on the stealth capabilities of vince's planes and bio's stealth detection capabilities, let RP decide the detectability of the planes, not spy rolls.
[/quote]

If he's using them for a covert operation, it falls under 'spy' operations, not air force ops.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1282412502' post='2425795']
[/quote]

Actually he is using the downed pilots as spies. They are not in their airplanes, they are just people already in the country running around.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/kGf6O.png[/IMG][IMG]http://imgur.com/1BW3E.png[/IMG]

1-10: fail
11-100: win

Win, Fail

First obstacle you penetrate, second obstacle you fail to do so.

Edited by iamthey