The GMs Court

hawk11

I'd like to get a GMs opinion about this issue that has arisen... if a player says they are going to delete their nation in 12 days and say, explicitly, that their land will revert to white, what is the policy on other players already carving up this player's land while he is still here? Do we, as fellow players, have to respect the leaving player's wishes for their land (a.k.a. reverting to white) instead of making our own plans for it?

Pravus.

1) I was going to reroll anyways.

2) It's reverting to white, meaning anybody can calim it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pravus.

1) I was going to reroll anyways.

2) It's reverting to white, meaning anybody can calim it.

1) You've rereolled like five times. Stay in one flipping place for a while.

2) I'd assume Raritan wanted it to revert to white for new players, since he didn't support you being in America before and protested Jed's expansion as well. He'll have to clarify that.

3) I asked for a GM's opinion, not yours.

1) You've rereolled like five times. Stay in one flipping place for a while.

2) I'd assume Raritan wanted it to revert to white for new players, since he didn't support you being in America before and protested Jed's expansion as well. He'll have to clarify that.

3) I asked for a GM's opinion, not yours.

1) I have rerolled exactly once.

2) If he want's it to be for new player, he shouldn't leave it white.

3)I'm involved, so I have a right to reply.

1) I have rerolled exactly once.

Hm, didn't you first RP in the Greek island of Rhodes back when I was Byzantium? But yeah, he rerolled like twice (first Rhodes, then the Atlantian Federation/UAS, and now Aignor).

Just sayin'. ^_^

Edited by JEDCJT

White land can be claimed by anyone as long as they meet the requirements to claim it (specifically having enough land in their in-game SoI to). New nations are allowed to claim it as well as old nations expanding into it. Existing players have countered land-grabbers by declaring areas protectorates....hint hint.

As for the Nordic issue, ffs. I'll do that tomorrow.

White land can be claimed by anyone as long as they meet the requirements to claim it (specifically having enough land in their in-game SoI to). New nations are allowed to claim it as well as old nations expanding into it. Existing players have countered land-grabbers by declaring areas protectorates....hint hint.

As for the Nordic issue, ffs. I'll do that tomorrow.

My main issue is with people divvying up land before the player is even gone.

Hm, didn't you first RP in the Greek island of Rhodes back when I was Byzantium? But yeah, he rerolled like twice (first Rhodes, then the Atlantian Federation/UAS, and now Aignor).

Just sayin'. ^_^

My first nation was Altea/Atlantian Federation/SRA/UAS. Same nation that started in Ohio, then had a mass Exodus to Rhodes as the "Atlantian Federation"(Same nation, new name), then reclaimed old land +RV and Ford's land. Then changed gov several times to SRA, then joined United States, then became UAS, then lost the war against Louisiana and Xaristan, lost again, then rerolled to Aiginor. So I've rerolled once.

My first nation was Altea/Atlantian Federation/SRA/UAS. Same nation that started in Ohio, then had a mass Exodus to Rhodes as the "Atlantian Federation"(Same nation, new name), then reclaimed old land +RV and Ford's land. Then changed gov several times to SRA, then joined United States, then became UAS, then lost the war against Louisiana and Xaristan, lost again, then rerolled to Aiginor. So I've rerolled once.

Ah.....I see. Thanks for pointing out that. ;)

I was suspended (before anyone asks, no, we are not going to talk about it - none of us are going to get warned for discussing mod issues) and I want to know what my options are with the New Zealand thread. A bunch of !@#$ happened and I really don't know what to do. What are my options, since technically I wasn't allowed to make an IC response to any of it? Am I allowed to wipe everything past my last post?

I was suspended (before anyone asks, no, we are not going to talk about it - none of us are going to get warned for discussing mod issues) and I want to know what my options are with the New Zealand thread. A bunch of !@#$ happened and I really don't know what to do. What are my options, since technically I wasn't allowed to make an IC response to any of it? Am I allowed to wipe everything past my last post?

Yeah. If wiping everything from your last IC post is what you want, go ahead.

Hmm. I honestly think that since all that stuff happened IC, it should stay "happened"

Sargun should have to pick up where we left off and RP his government finally getting back in contact and telling everybody to back off. I don't like canon stuff suddenlly not having happened, no matter what and I think this could potentially set a bad precedent.

Hmm. I honestly think that since all that stuff happened IC, it should stay "happened"

Sargun should have to pick up where we left off and RP his government finally getting back in contact and telling everybody to back off. I don't like canon stuff suddenlly not having happened, no matter what and I think this could potentially set a bad precedent.

Well technically I think we as the players should have waited for Sargun to be wiped from the map before we tried anything. Most players don't move into a nation until they have been purged but everyone decided to re act before Sargun had been wiped. So yea I think Sargun shouldn't have to RP what everyone elese threw at him when he wasn't here.

Well technically I think we as the players should have waited for Sargun to be wiped from the map before we tried anything. Most players don't move into a nation until they have been purged but everyone decided to re act before Sargun had been wiped. So yea I think Sargun shouldn't have to RP what everyone elese threw at him when he wasn't here.

It would have been the polite thing to do but it didn't happen. We shouldn't retcon things because we were rude about it. It happened so it should stay happened.

It would have been the polite thing to do but it didn't happen. We shouldn't retcon things because we were rude about it. It happened so it should stay happened.

The problem here isn't about people doing "rude" things. It's really about me having no control over what could have happened even though it was still my country. Normally I'd just go with the flow but the amount of stuff that went on puts a huge kink

Hey, remember when I made the GM's court a no-discussion thread and didn't want people replying directly to people's questions or appeals?

I didn't think you did.

No, I don't.

Concerning TheStig.. he has "saved stats" yet he voluntarily re-rolled his nation. Saved stats are to be used in case of a war or alliance surrender restrictions so that people who are not in control of their nation are not punished in RP also. This was a voluntary re-roll with nothing being forced, and this is a clear abuse of the saved stats that we have in place.

Concerning TheStig.. he has "saved stats" yet he voluntarily re-rolled his nation. Saved stats are to be used in case of a war or alliance surrender restrictions so that people who are not in control of their nation are not punished in RP also. This was a voluntary re-roll with nothing being forced, and this is a clear abuse of the saved stats that we have in place.

This has been handled.

It wasn't handled when I posted. ;o It still isn't handled. The OP clearly says saved stats are abolished yet here we are arguing about it. I want clarification.

Stig already cut his nation down to size in one of his randomness threads. Too lazy to find a link right now. But I'd assume that removes the need for clarification.