The GMs Court

hawk11

[quote name='Yawoo' date='30 May 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1275246574' post='2316893']
My take on navies: If you want to use it in RP, you should have to pay the price to own it in game.
[/quote]
Exactly. Without an RPing economy, this is the closest we come to the cost of owning a navy.

Fizzy: general rule of thumb is costal patrol vessels don't require a navy, blue water naval ships do.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take is this.

Buy them IG, RP development.

Sell IG to keep bills down - Keep in CNRP

Dont use Navy in CNRP with another player(s) unless rebought IG.

Only rebuy IG if using in CNRP with another RPer..

Past that, I dont own them Ingame due to bills etc, but rather buy them IG if theyre needed with an open RP.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='30 May 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1275270875' post='2317318']
My take is this.

Past that, I dont own them Ingame due to bills etc, but rather buy them IG if theyre needed with an open RP.
[/quote]

That's too complicated.

Having spent hundred of millions in bills for maintaining navy IG for CNRP, I see merit in using the theoretical maximum for CNRP. However there arises another problem, according to my current IG stats I am not permitted to have more than 5 carriers, but I actually have 6 carriers IG owing to my long lost infrastructural prosperity. In my opinion screenshots would be a good idea, but then again it is the GM decision.

Its not complicated tbh.
Seeing as i Dont use my Navy in CNRP much anyway.

If im using it in tandem with another player, I just buy it up, I didnt see anyone Jmping on Mudd when he RP'd full fleets, when infact he didnt IG during the war.
This is the same Principle.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='31 May 2010 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1275270875' post='2317318']
My take is this.

[/quote]

Very bad idea. Beyond not being allowed its grossly inefficient. Given the unpredictability of RP the only way that could possibly be worthwhile would be if there were no RP war in excess of a year. (enough time for the drop in bills to recoup the extreme cost of buying a navy).

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='30 May 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1275275508' post='2317401']
Yes, those are the rules, but why?
[/quote]
To force players that they can support the navy fleet size IG that they have in CNRP since economics is never RPed and is too complicated.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Yawoo' date='30 May 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1275246574' post='2316893']
My take on navies: If you want to use it in RP, you should have to pay the price to own it in game.
[/quote]

/[i]JED strokes his 70 IC Navy ships[/i]

It's worth maintaining a full Navy IG so you could have an awesome Navy in RP.

:awesome:

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='31 May 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1275282280' post='2317493']
/[i]JED strokes his 70 IC Navy ships[/i]

It's worth maintaining a full Navy IG so you could have an awesome Navy in RP.

:awesome:
[/quote]
Taunting someone who lost more than half of their infra and their naval fleet sunken IG from a few months ago in the Bi-Polar War, is still repairing the damages, and can not maintain a full navy without throwing the infra rebuilding plan to crap is never a good idea...

[i]HHAYD strokes his few hundred light anti-ship missile launcher tanks...[/i] :awesome:

Or, I can bring in 50,880 WWII Sherman tanks instead of 2,544 modern tanks and shell your naval ships to pieces. Epic, wouldn't it be? :awesome::awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' date='31 May 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1275282781' post='2317500']
Taunting someone who lost more than half of their infra and their naval fleet sunken IG from a few months ago in the Bi-Polar War, is still repairing the damages, and can not maintain a full navy without throwing the infra rebuilding plan to crap is never a good idea...

[i]HHAYD strokes his few hundred light anti-ship missile launcher tanks...[/i] :awesome:

Or, I can bring in 50,880 WWII Sherman tanks instead of 2,544 modern tanks and shell your naval ships to pieces. Epic, wouldn't it be? :awesome::awesome:
[/quote]

I lost over half of my infrastructure (~6k), and about 2k tech in the bi-polar war. I am paying the bills for my navy now, and I am rebuilding. Many of us lost stats in the war, but paying ridiculous bills for RP is sadly just the cost of playing the game.

[quote name='iamthey' date='31 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1275304345' post='2317661']
I lost over half of my infrastructure (~6k), and about 2k tech in the bi-polar war. I am paying the bills for my navy now, and I am rebuilding. Many of us lost stats in the war, but paying ridiculous bills for RP is sadly just the cost of playing the game.
[/quote]

That. I lost half my infra, 1k tech and a damned large amount of money and I pay the bills every day. You either build up your nation ig or you build it ic.

I went from 8.7K infra to 2K infra and still maintained my 40+ navy through out the war despite multiple nukes and the attrition in navies that caused and through out my current rebuilding. All so that I could continue to RP navies in CNRP. This in express contravention of alliance orders.

Clarification on the rules for nukes...what is the maximum yield?

Because [url='http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85326&view=findpost&p=2316097']Triyun made a 19 Megaton bomb[/url]

I thought the maximum permitted yield, even with the WRC, was 1 MT

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='01 June 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1275387336' post='2318953']
Clarification on the rules for nukes...what is the maximum yield?

Because [url='http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=85326&view=findpost&p=2316097']Triyun made a 19 Megaton bomb[/url]

I thought the maximum permitted yield, even with the WRC, was 1 MT
[/quote]

Historically the accepted maximum yield with WRC is 10 MT. Anything beyond that is between Rpers to work out and individually recognize. Honestly to put any limit on it is rather silly though. The theory behind fission-fusion-fission provides that there is no maximum size, only a practical upper ceiling that 10 MT is clearly within. Ultimately its not really going to matter after a certain point anyway, a city hit with a nuke is essentially $%&@ed. End of story :P.

Edited by iamthey