Jump to content

Buryatia's Great Interstate Project


 Share

Recommended Posts

BCNA: Buryatia begins the Great Interstate Project

“Today the Ministry of Labor in conjunction with Zenn Corporation, broke ground on what is arguably the most ambitious project undertaken by the nation to date. Labor Minister Batukhan Yu gave a short speech at the Groundbreaking Ceremony in Yakutsk.

The Great Interstate Project (GIP) envisions the construction of a complex network of highways and high speed rail lines spanning the entire length and breadth of the nation. The project involves the expansion of existing major roadways, as well as the laying of entirely new roads in most areas and is expected to have a hefty price tag attached. While approximately 45% of the cost will be absorbed by Zenn Corp and associated private enterprises, the government will be required to provide the remaining 55% of the total cost.

Work on the project is expected to begin as early as tomorrow morning. It is believed that this project will generate more than 100,000 jobs in the construction industry over its duration. The project is heaven sent for the Construction industry which had experienced a marked decline in new projects after the Great Move was completed. Workers will proceed in daily shifts until the completion of the project, and will work six days a week.

The Interstate Highway will be opened section by section as each branch is completed to minimize the inconvenience to daily commuters. The Ministry of Labor and its associated committees will be charged with overseeing the project and ensuring that it is completed within budget and cost constraints."-Reporter

InterstateMap.png

-Map showing the proposed positions for the main roadways (auxilliary roadways not included, map not to scale)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...