Naha Conference: Proposal

Sumeragi

*After some more bickering*

"Yamato is willing to do a complete reset in our relations with Lu. Here is our proposal for a land deal:

yamatoluproposal.png

The red part will be given to Yamato

In exchange, we shall give the following:

1. 50 billion yen in aid to Lu.

2. 500,000 barrels of oil every day to Lu.

3. Free transport to Vladivostok for Lu. This would give Lu a direct link to a port, since given the fact all DB ports are either too far away or will take years of blasting through mountains to reach, using our advanced infrastructure would be more cost-effective.

4. No more further claims on Mongolia and China on the part of Yamato.

5. An eternal NAP with Lu, which cannot be canceled.

6. MDP with Lu, if Lu wishes it.

7. Yamato would be willing to join the Dragon Bloc, to advance peace in Asia. This will be discussed with the other DB members after the above terms have been accepted.

What do you say?"

OOC: Do not post huge maps, please.

Edited by Sumeragi

Your willingness to compromise has not gone unnoticed. This is a strong offer and it does show an appreciation for Lu's sovereignty. Whether or not you are permitted to join the bloc will be a bloc-wide group decision, but if this is the end to your land claims in Asia as you state it might be an acceptable offer to settle the region. The land however remains in the rightful ownership of Lu Empire. We will first ask his opinion and thoughts on whether he wants to complete his portion of this agreement, if he does, then we will work with Yamato on potentially completing the remainder.

-The Chairman

*After some more bickering*

"Yamato is willing to do a complete reset in our relations with Lu. Here is our proposal for a land deal:

The red part will be given to Yamato

In exchange, we shall give the following:

1. 50 billion yen in aid to Lu.

2. 500,000 barrels of oil every day to Lu.

3. Free transport to Vladivostok for Lu. This would give Lu a direct link to a port, since given the fact all DB ports are either too far away or will take years of blasting through mountains to reach, using our advanced infrastructure would be more cost-effective.

4. No more further claims on Mongolia and China on the part of Yamato.

5. An eternal NAP with Lu, which cannot be canceled.

6. MDP with Lu, if Lu wishes it.

7. Yamato would be willing to join the Dragon Bloc, to advance peace in Asia. This will be discussed with the other DB members after the above terms have been accepted.

What do you say?"

OOC: Do not post huge maps, please.

We object to the proposed transfer of land.

Though we have no influence on Lu Empire's decision regarding this, let our objection remain on record. If Lu is interested by the offer of oil Kingdom of Cochin shall match the offer if there is a possibility for revoking this transfer.

The transport to Vladivostok cannot be assured by Yamato alone. That part of the world is owned by Hanseatic Commonwealth. We would suggest Lu Empire to discuss the matter of port access to friendlier nations in the region such as Palintine and the People's Republic of China.

The statement of "No further claims on China and Mongolia" is not something Cochin can believe even if tempered by tonnes of salt and spice.

As far as the aid is concerned State Bank of Tripunithura shall be advised to offer the Lu Empire loans for any amount with a less than standard interest rate.

Though it does not concern us we consider the offer of a NAP and MDP on the part of Yamato to be laudatory.

We are not in support of Yamato being a part of Dragon Bloc.

These are the policies of the Kingdom of Cochin regarding the proposals laid out by Yamato.

We object to the proposed transfer of land.

Though we have no influence on Lu Empire's decision regarding this, let our objection remain on record. If Lu is interested by the offer of oil Kingdom of Cochin shall match the offer if there is a possibility for revoking this transfer.

The transport to Vladivostok cannot be assured by Yamato alone. That part of the world is owned by Hanseatic Commonwealth. We would suggest Lu Empire to discuss the matter of port access to friendlier nations in the region such as Palintine and the People's Republic of China.

The statement of "No further claims on China and Mongolia" is not something Cochin can believe even if tempered by tonnes of salt and spice.

As far as the aid is concerned State Bank of Tripunithura shall be advised to offer the Lu Empire loans for any amount with a less than standard interest rate.

Though it does not concern us we consider the offer of a NAP and MDP on the part of Yamato to be laudatory.

We are not in support of Yamato being a part of Dragon Bloc.

These are the policies of the Kingdom of Cochin regarding the proposals laid out by Yamato.

Cochin can never match our oil offer, given that all of Cochin's oil capacity doesn't even reach 250,000 barrels a day (OOC: yes, for all the oil there is in Xinjiang, those are hard to dig out, unlike my oil fields)

We have a free trade pact with Hansa, meaning anything that pass through our roads are exempt from tariffs.. Given that all neighbors with a port around DE is either in extreme recession (OOC: Saved stats) or are locked down, we are the only possible trading country.

We will not comment on the no more claims, since it seems Cochin is extremely biased.

You cannot match our aid.

OOC: I hate to be a pest, but...

Sumer, the Manchurian oil fields have been extensively explored and are likely to not last long, while Xinjiang's are currently somewhat untapped - sure, they are harder to extract but it oughtn't to be a problem for Cochin, who benefits from higher technology of the other member-states of the Dragon Empire and is probably capable of commercially exploring those oilfields.

Also, saved stats are not indicators of "extreme recession" - only stagnation. Not all D.E. members are on saved stats, even, and Maelstrom is consistently RP'ing economic actions developments. Lastly, 50 Billion in foreign aid plus providing that much oil on a daily basis (about a 1/4 of South Korea's daily consumption as a reference) is retarded - but hey, I guess it would have no effects in your nation, so of course Cochin can't match it.

OOC: More than 65% of Korea's oil consuptions comes from fueling power plants, a problem that I don't have given I rely on almost 100% on nuclear power. The Dajing fields produce about 900,000 barrels a day, and with my focus of petrochemistry in Kyushyu, I don't consume much oil in Manchuria. Plus, since I also have the very rich East China Sea fields, I really have about a million barrel of surplus every day if I go at full capacity. In short, I know my oil ^_^

OOC: More than 65% of Korea's oil consuptions comes from fueling power plants, a problem that I don't have given I rely on almost 100% on nuclear power. The Dajing fields produce about 900,000 barrels a day, and with my focus of petrochemistry in Kyushyu, I don't consume much oil in Manchuria. Plus, since I also have the very rich East China Sea fields, I really have about a million barrel of surplus every day if I go at full capacity. In short, I know my oil ^_^

OOC: The girl knows her oil. Also, if I may chime in here. Sumer, you may want to tone down the land claim, your taking almost half of Lu's country! :o

Cochin can never match our oil offer, given that all of Cochin's oil capacity doesn't even reach 250,000 barrels a day (OOC: yes, for all the oil there is in Xinjiang, those are hard to dig out, unlike my oil fields)

We have a free trade pact with Hansa, meaning anything that pass through our roads are exempt from tariffs.. Given that all neighbors with a port around DE is either in extreme recession (OOC: Saved stats) or are locked down, we are the only possible trading country.

We will not comment on the no more claims, since it seems Cochin is extremely biased.

You cannot match our aid.

The Kingdom of Cochin derives its oil sources from its oil fields in Xinjiang as also from offshore drilling in Arabian Sea (OOC: I have already RPd that earlier). All our electric power is generated through hydro electric, solar and nuclear energy. Our civilian automotive industry has long been encouraged to turn to renewable energy sources like compressed air.

Through our greater technological capability we have surmounted all exploration difficulties and our field in Xinjiang are working at full potential now. We repeat, we can definitely match any offers of oil that Yamato can offer.

We suggest to Lu Empire that better from a transit right through an unstable Yamato would be to seek port facilities with other neighboring nations like PRC and Palintine.

We do not look favorably on any land share deal with Yamato and would have to reconsider our relations with Lu Empire if ever they decided to go along with it.

Kingdom of Cochin has its rationale for assuming its present stance. We believe Yamato to be an unsettling influence in Asia. The proposed land share deal is completely one sided. Yamato is the only nation getting anything worthwhile in the deal, land. All offers by Yamato are unsubstantial and fungible. Are we the only nation to see this deal for what it is - a trickery?

This time since Lu Empire has allies Yamato's cunning did not work. What will happen when in the future an unchecked Yamato bullies a non allied nation to parting with its valuable land?

"The Empire will stand by whatever Lu decides on his half of the bargain, but we do not think Yamato would have the vote strength inside of the Dragon Bloc to join it currently. This is because of their recent activity which has frayed the nerves of bloc membership. We suggest strong diplomatic actions by Yamato if they wish to get into the Bloc in the future to alleviate these concerns."

To correct obvious disabilities in reading we point out that we own and operate numerous offshore oil wells in Arabian Sea, which are quite more abundant than East China Sea resources.

Now we ask what is fact , what is fiction?