What are reps?

I would firstly like to state that reps are complete !@#$%^&*, pointless and uneeded.

What are and why do reps exist? Are they some kind of barbaric/sadistic tradition, handed down through the ages in hope of solving all the problems we have? If so then we must also ask ourselves if reps solve these problems OR do they solve something else and if so, what is this something else?

What are reps?

Lets start with some wonderful definitions:

Theological Reparation: Reparation is a theological concept closely connected with those of atonement and satisfaction, and thus belonging to some of the deepest mysteries of the Christian Faith. Christian theology teaches that man is a creature who has fallen into original sin from an original state of grace in which he was created, and that through the Incarnation, Passion, and Death of Jesus Christ, he has been redeemed and restored again in a certain degree to the original condition.

More simply put, this above says that it was by voluntary submission that Jesus Christ died on the cross to atone for man's disobedience and sin and that his death made reparation for the sins and offenses of the world.

Legal Reparation: is replenishment of a previously inflicted loss by the criminal to the victim

That is straight forward

From these two definitions I believe that we can draw the conclusion that Reparation is the act of making amends to an act which has wronged/injured/insulted a victim.

How does this definition relate to CN?

At the moment it doesnt. It does however, need to. Our current idea of reparation is thus : "WE WON THE WAR! PAY US CUS WE OWNED YOU!"

I will elaborate.

We fight our petty wars, yet why? Is the final goal to make ourselves seem better than them? To give us bragging rights? The right to a manly bicep curl? We fight our wars for a reason, not for reps and bragging rights. We fight wars for what we believe in. The aftermath of these wars should NOT be focused on making sure that you, as the winners, come out better than your opponents. It should be focused on fufiling the reasons that you threw around running into the war. NOT by demanding that they pay you "cus we owned you". People are selfish aren't they?

What do reps solve?

Reps in cybernations ensure that you will be able to rebuild before your opponent. It destroys the possibility of a suprise attack by your enemies and I think that demanding reps for the sake of this makes you a coward.

They also allow you to hold them under your power for the duration they are sending you reps. If they dont send reps, we all know what happens. Demanding reps from an alliance causes your own alliance to change face. It will change people in the alliance and it can create internal issues over the handling of the reps. I have personal examples from my time in MCXA where this has happened. Reps are just fail, period.

Reps do solve some problems, but not the ones that need solving.

Thanks to wikipedia for the definitions and also I want all to know that these are my own personal views.

Regards,

Sup4

DISCUS

Reps help regrow the alliance that won a bit. The question is whether or not they are acceptable reps but that is for the victors to decide. :)

Also hello Sup4

Edit: I was first yay! :D

Edited by Mr Damsky

Reps help regrow the alliance that won a bit. The question is whether or not they are acceptable reps but that is for the victors to decide. :)

Also hello Sup4

Hey mrd :)

yes, the point of reps is that the alliance that won can regrow. But is it even fair or needed that they pay any reps? Does the crime REALY fit the punishment?

Well said and feelings I can echo with, I'm truly impressed !

o/ Sup4!

You realize your alliance has asked for quite a few reps in the past? In fact probably more then anyone else, ever.

You realize your alliance has asked for quite a few reps in the past? In fact probably more then anyone else, ever.

I have only just joined NV, this is my own opinion and this is the first major war I have been through. I have thus had no bearing on past occurances

Even if your claim is true, is that some sort of a reason I shouldn't be allowed to agree with what Sup4 had to say?

I don't get it.