Massive infrastructure build

The population of Marscurian Pakistan is rapidly growing, and the infrastructure of the country is quickly becoming inadequate. We are putting out contracts to international companies to aid in our development.

We request the following things:

-A 1 GW windfarm in the Gharo Valley

-Water treatment plants outside major cities

We await bids for the contracts.

OOC: Massive IG infrastructure increase

New England can assist Pakistan into establishing a windfarm. It is a large producer of wind energy, and we have windfarms based largely in Maine that supply us with our energy needs and the like.

Edited by JEDCJT

Aquinos International Pvt Ltd, an infrastructure development company, quotes for the contract of constructing the water treatment plants. We have executed similar works in many places all around the world. Aquinos had constructed the desalination plant and water treatment plant at Bosaso.

We also expect a similar order for the Baloch Province of the Kingdom.

Bearing in mind our experience, we place our quote.

We have two ranges of Desalination plant

1. Type A: 10- 40 Million Cubic Meters of Water per year - $40 Million

2. Type B: 60-400 Million Cubic Meters of Water per year - $70- 500 Million

Actual quote amount shall be stated after learning of the number and capacity of plants required by your nation.

Wind Farms Proposal

The Czech Corporation Česká energetická or "CEG" is the largest and most capable energy company in the Czech Kingdom. Currently, they have established 2 major wind farms within the Kingdom, however this low number is because of the wind farm in its traditional sense, which is different from the majority of wind farming done in the Kingdom.

Traditionally, a wind farm is defined as a large group of windmills located on the ground for the purposes of generating energy from the wind based on surface air speeds. However, the relatively calm nature of the wind in the Kingdom has caused CEG to think differently about this particular issue.

Česká energetická has successfully developed a method by which they can produce airborne wind farms. Such farms are capable of capturing the far higher wind speeds available at higher altitudes while at the same time having a significantly lower cost than traditional wind farming methods.

While such a concept may seen unimaginable at first, it is really quite simple. Czech designer and scientist Jan Mendel described the system he built, "Basically what it is is an air turbine without a tower. What that means is that while on the ground, it doesn't have to carry the generator or its tether to the ground, and this tether would also be used to transmit energy to the ground, from which it would be sent off to a transformer and such. The huge benefits of this is that it can tap nearly unlimited wind sources that are at higher altitudes, meaning that the Kingdom can become based on wind power. The great thing about that altitude is that the wind almost never stops, meaning that a turbine can hang up there for a very, very long time, which means we don't have to waste energy on lift."

th_airbornewind.png

A look at the way the turbine works.

CEG has estimated the costs for its energy as well. In traditional wind towers, 15% of the cost is the structural component, that tower that is in every picture of a wind mill. With airborne wind farms, you can easily eliminate that cost, meaning these will cost significantly less than anything anyone else will be able to offer up. Energy costs are estimated at $0.01/KWh, a price that is significantly lower than prices provided by other energy services [ooc] Really, it is a heap lower than regular energy costs. [/ooc]

th_magennpower.jpg

Another look at airborne turbine power

Water Treatment Plants

The Ministry of the Interior recognizes that Pakistan definitely will need some water treatment plants, considering the water that exists in the area at this time. The largest Czech water company, Česká Voda, or "CV", has offered to take the contract from Pakistan to design water treatment facilities.

While Česká Voda can offer salt water treatment facilities in addition to whatever else is requested of them by Pakistan, there are many other types of treatment facilities which may be more beneficial to Pakistan. One of which is the process of Sewage Treatment, and turning sewage into usable, drinkable water once again, meaning that all drained water could simply go to these plants and be, mostly, reused.

Česká Voda can offer Sewage Treatment Plants for relatively cheaper than the competitor, as they have already constructed 8 such facilities in various cities in the Kingdom. Because of the number of facilities constructed and the years which we have been maintaining these facilities, it means that we know how to not only build, but also cheaply maintain sewage treatment facilities, and ensure that no contamination gets into the clean water supply. Below is a diagram of a Česká Voda STP.

th_ESQUEMPEQUE-EN.jpg

As you can see, this treatment facility will successfully separate salvageable, potable water from disgusting sewage water. It is a very clean and safe process, meaning that no water will become contaminated in the process, and no Pakistani citizens will become harmed.

We also offer several Water Purification programs and facilities which we can build in Pakistan in order to ensure that all water is pure, or if you desire, enriched with minerals such as fluoride to ensure healthy teeth.

CEG and CV, we find your proposals most impressive. We are very interested in the sewage plants, and feel like they will adequately suit our needs. The turbines we have more of a concern with. For one, they seem like they will be very expensive and difficult to maintain. (ooc: 3rd world country, no schools) For the time being, we would like more conventional power stations. We are having them built to utilize the low-level winds that sweep through the valley. Maybe when our energy demands advance further, we will reconsider your design. All we need is a quote for the water plants, and our business can begin.

There are currently two designs which CEG is ready to produce for the Pakistani region and this particular valley. These are the Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine (HAWT) and the Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT). These two have several advantages and disadvantages to each one of them. Specifically, the HAWT is made for places wherein there are no building limitations skyward in addition to relatively low transportation costs (transportation costs have reached up to 20% of the total equipment costs of HAWT turbines.), while the VAWT is more suitable for areas wherein there are height limitations or transportation is too expensive.

Keep in mind, however, that the VAWT system, while starting up at a lower speed than the HAWT system, theoretically meaning it could produce more electricity, generally only outputs about 50% of the HAWT system, likely meaning that the HAWT system is more of what you desire. The two systems which CEG uses are listed below.

HAWT:

th_High_Knob_Turbines_in_Cannan_Twp.jpg

VAWT:

th_Quietrevolution-model.png

From CV:

The price of a sewage treatment plant will likely run in the neighborhood of 10-20 million per plant, plus future maintenance costs, which will have to be determined on a plant-by-plant basis.

From the Ministry of the Interior:

Comrade, I know that because of the state of your nation at this point, that your educational system is not up to international standards, and you cannot meet the requirements of your people to adequately learn what they need to, we feel that we may be able to aid in your situation.

We are willing to do some very basic things up to full-scale intervention. We intend to send several maintenance officers to monitor the several plants that will be established in your territory by our companies, and these officers will also at the same time be teaching local workers both the operations of the plant, as well as selecting those prodigies to come and work alongside them so that they may learn the proper way to maintain a plant of this nature.

From there, we are also willing to fund aid programs for Pakistan, to ensure that the children of your nation grow up receiving an education that will allow your nation to become a true competitor on the world stage. We are most willing to fund major programs to establish primary, secondary, and even fund existing tertiary schools in areas where there previously were no educational institutions available to the people. We are also willing to send teachers, and through this kind of program, we feel that our cooperation could allow the both of us to bring your nation into the modern era, and allow your young minds to truly flourish, and bring Pakistan onto the world stage as a major competitor.

Let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Nikola Romanov, King of Česká

Alexandr Novák, Minister of the Interior

CEG, in this valley, height is not a problem, and the wind speed is constantly high. A farm HAWT generators would be ideal for our purposes. Your engineers can come to our country to map out the area, and plan for the future farm. We also approve of your sending over managers to lead the plants. We find that it would be the best choice for maximum efficiency. All we need is the bill, and your work may begin immediately.

OOC: Also, I didn't know of a way to politely decline the schools. I'm doing Botha-mode here, and since I don't have any schools IG, I don't have any RP. It certainly makes things interesting, even if we are the ridicule of the world :awesome: .

"We wonder if Marscurian Pakistan would prefer to employ nuclear energy, rather than wind?"

We do have a large quantity of Uranium lying around. We mainly have just used it in paperweights that we sell exclusively to mothers-in-law. While we do fear the dangers of splitting the atom, since you have been the only country to correctly say our entire name, we shall listen to what you have to say.

OOC: Also, I thought you needed the nuclear power plant wonder IG to have a plant in RP.

The total price of the HAWT generators will be determined on 1) the number of fields being purchased, 2) the quality of the wind in the field, and 3) the terrain of the area. However, I will surmise an average cost will be roughly 1 million per megawatt, putting the total cost at 1 billion for the entire field of 1GW of power, however the field will pay for itself with cheap energy and low maintenance costs.

OOC: No problem with the schools. I didn't know you're going 'Botha-mode', and was hoping to gain a good ally in the East by helping as much as possible :P

CEG, in this valley, height is not a problem, and the wind speed is constantly high. A farm HAWT generators would be ideal for our purposes. Your engineers can come to our country to map out the area, and plan for the future farm. We also approve of your sending over managers to lead the plants. We find that it would be the best choice for maximum efficiency. All we need is the bill, and your work may begin immediately.

OOC: Also, I didn't know of a way to politely decline the schools. I'm doing Botha-mode here, and since I don't have any schools IG, I don't have any RP. It certainly makes things interesting, even if we are the ridicule of the world :awesome: .

We do have a large quantity of Uranium lying around. We mainly have just used it in paperweights that we sell exclusively to mothers-in-law. While we do fear the dangers of splitting the atom, since you have been the only country to correctly say our entire name, we shall listen to what you have to say.

OOC: Also, I thought you needed the nuclear power plant wonder IG to have a plant in RP.

OOC: Nuclear power plan IG is the same as a fusion reactor. Normal fission reactors anyone can have.

The total price of the HAWT generators will be determined on 1) the number of fields being purchased, 2) the quality of the wind in the field, and 3) the terrain of the area. However, I will surmise an average cost will be roughly 1 million per megawatt, putting the total cost at 1 billion for the entire field of 1GW of power, however the field will pay for itself with cheap energy and low maintenance costs.

OOC: No problem with the schools. I didn't know you're going 'Botha-mode', and was hoping to gain a good ally in the East by helping as much as possible :P

That is a very reasonable price for such a large quantity of power. You may come and survey the land for your planning. While you are here, you make pick up your money. The only question is if you want it mafia style in suitcases, or on a check with puppies.

OOC: I do semi-Botha mode. I keep the population and military multipliers, but the other stuff correlates to my IG stats.

OOC: Since Nuclear Power Plants are somewhat "old" and there are quite a few across the globe, you don't need the IG wonder - that's for the Fusion Power Plant.

IC: "That's good. Either way, you might be aware that Viniland is a world leader in energy, particularly hydroelectric, nuclear and fusion power. We have quite a few plants to model after and a lot of willing corporations to do the work. Given your nation's size, we are thinking of employing the CANDU model - what you say?"

OOC: Since Nuclear Power Plants are somewhat "old" and there are quite a few across the globe, you don't need the IG wonder - that's for the Fusion Power Plant.

IC: "That's good. Either way, you might be aware that Viniland is a world leader in energy, particularly hydroelectric, nuclear and fusion power. We have quite a few plants to model after and a lot of willing corporations to do the work. Given your nation's size, we are thinking of employing the CANDU model - what you say?"

Your reactor appears to be quite expensive. We already have a deal to produce 1 GW of power, which will only cost $1B, on wind turbines, which are also cheap and easy to maintain. Unless you can think of a reason why your plant is worth the extra costs, we will regetably have to turn you down.

Your reactor appears to be quite expensive. We already have a deal to produce 1 GW of power, which will only cost $1B, on wind turbines, which are also cheap and easy to maintain. Unless you can think of a reason why your plant is worth the extra costs, we will regetably have to turn you down.

"Nuclear reactors tend to be very cost effective when a country is in need of very large amounts of energy. Sure, they have a high fixed cost, but it's a guaranteed and plentiful source of energy for many decades to come, independent of weather conditions. Still, we will look on smaller and cheaper designs for Marscurian Pakistan and get back to you as soon as possible."

That is a very reasonable price for such a large quantity of power. You may come and survey the land for your planning. While you are here, you make pick up your money. The only question is if you want it mafia style in suitcases, or on a check with puppies.

OOC: I do semi-Botha mode. I keep the population and military multipliers, but the other stuff correlates to my IG stats.

Mafia-style suitcases will be lovely.