Cyber Nations, be Cyber Peace?

Gecko

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you're correct. Fear is another emotion that often leads to conflict.

I can't believe I left this one out, too..apparently, some folks let boredom lead them to war. I don't like the idea myself, but to deny that it's there is foolishness.

I think there are major miss conceptions regarding neutrality.

First off, neutrality is not the same as pacifism. We don't care if the rest of CN goes to war. There is no "world peace" doctrine. We do not mess with other alliances and ask in return to not mess with us. What is so inherently wrong with that?

If you like wars join an aggressive alliance. But there will always be neutrals, because there will always be people who want it, just as there will always be people who want democracy, dictatorships, PZI, EZI, or anything else.

Luckily for the OP I do not see neutrlity happening on a large scale anytime soon, or ever for that matter, and I couldn't care less.

Personally, I stay in TDO because I like the community and the culture. It suits me. If it doesn't suit you then don't join, or leave. Whatever.

Edit: spelling

Edited by ramneta

Just like after World War 2, large empires disintegrated and new, smaller nations appeared, I think after the Karma war finally ends, smaller and more tightly knit alliances fighting smaller wars will be the norm. Colossal superpowers are pretty fun to watch while they pound each other, but in the end, the newer nations want to have their own fun without causing so much commotion in the forums.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not siding with NPO. I still DO think that forcing massive reparations and making members leave an alliance, or not allowing them to be a part of government is wrong. What right do you have over another alliance?

I believe in war, and some reparations, but not in this. What has the world come to?

I agree with the main theme of your post and would be gone in a heartbeat if world peace was established and maintained. I would like to highlight what you have said in the segment I have quoted. Echelon are the latest alliance to be forced to pay massive reparations for their size while having someone banned from government. I appreciate NPO may have done it more often than the Karma alliances that have adopted the practice, but only naming them above when talking about the practice Karma alliances have fully adopted and are practicing today while they call NPO evil for doing the same thing is a misinterpretation of the world we are living in today. I see no evidence of world peace because of the content of a few sigs, the continuing war and reps being given out offer a truer reflection of CN today.

I do agree with what you have said though, CN would be crap if we all were friends and wanted world peace.

They will probably be lull in War after (at least we assume) the Karma War actually ends. But CN has had who knows how many massive wars and hopefully that won't end.

I agree with the opening post. Random raiding and stuff like that is pretty much just annoying, but without those Great Wars? Who would say that CN would have half the members. Diplomacy and Treaties would be meaningless, unless FTAs are all people want to do.

I believe like the world, Cyber Nations is evolving.

You can tell from the alliances popping up, and older ones. Mainly The Democratic Order. Alliances dedicated to world-peace, and doctrines and treaties pro-claiming no wars. Think about what would happen to the whole game if all the alliances signed TDO's World-Peace doctrine, thingy.

And have you seen the sig blitzing thing 'nukes are immoral. Put this in your signature if your down'? If the world keeps 'fighting evil', what will there be left to fight? Just a couple hundred large alliances that don't use nukes, and would never even think about war. By the time the so-called 'Ebil NPO' comes back for revenge in a couple of months, more and more alliances will be siding with TDO about world-peace. I don't have anything personal against TDO, or NPO, I just don't think world-peace should have a part in CYBER nations. How boring would the game be if everyone just backcollected and bought wonders?

If planet bob ever got into such a state of world-peace, I'd be HAPPY for agressors like NPO (or anyone else) to come and start some fun! (No offense)

I think that war is the best part of the game, and that even though being the agressor is 'immoral' and 'wrong', it can still be fun. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not siding with NPO. I still DO think that forcing massive reparations and making members leave an alliance, or not allowing them to be a part of government is wrong. What right do you have over another alliance?

I believe in war, and some reperations, but not in this. What has the world come to?

My World Opinion

We at Internet Superheroes agree with your statement wholeheartedly.

IS plays the game, the majority of CN survives the game. While others protect their pixels we embrace blood.

I don't think we have to worry about world peace and Cybernations becoming peace stagnant with NSO still in business. They seem like they're here to shake things up, and I like it. I'll always be loyal to IRON and will never leave, at the same time I admire leaders like Ivan who are not afraid to "rage against the machine" and go against the status quo. The more nations that start wanting eternal peace, the more nations you will have who become bored and will itch for war. Planet Bob will never have to worry about life without war.

I'm quite happy to build my nation and avoid war.

The possibility of war is entertaining enough, and best avoided. But I'm used to a community that creates more internal drama in a week than happens OWF in a month. However many communities can't develop internal content and thus must use war to maintain member interest. If successful (as opposed to suicidal) a pathological pattern develops where the continuous creation of entertaining content (war) depletes the ready supply of raw material (consumable enemies) and it becomes necessary to cannibalize erstwhile 'friends' to feed the masses.

This is the present entertainment cycle driving CN.

I've seen that there is an alternative, but that alternative requires some creativity and political tolerance. Commodities in short supply.

This has probably been said several times, but the "nukes are immoral, put this in your sig if you're down" thing is satire.

It's pretty obvious when you consider the people who most often use it.

And there will always be "evil", always be "enemies". If there's one thing most people in this game are awesome at, it's making enemies. Which in turn is bested only by their capacity for self-righteousness.

Weaklings(Hippies) fall down faster than any other alliance. Peace? What's the point? So we can sing around a fire all day long? What are you talking about? You know Peace? Peace goes down faster. Remember how GPA just went down? Because they weren't peaceful enough, although they never declared war. They went down like a huge sack of potatos, losing hundreds of members and millions of NS in days.

This "peace-seekers" will be easy targets for those that know how to play the game.

Weaklings(Hippies) fall down faster than any other alliance. Peace? What's the point? So we can sing around a fire all day long? What are you talking about? You know Peace? Peace goes down faster. Remember how GPA just went down? Because they weren't peaceful enough, although they never declared war. They went down like a huge sack of potatos, losing hundreds of members and millions of NS in days.

This "peace-seekers" will be easy targets for those that know how to play the game.

Really? Might as well go install some viceroys and EZI some folks for lookin' at us strange

YEEE HAW

:gag:

Most of this makes a lot of sense. However I like peace not war, unless I'm attempting to destroy a rogue.

I still DO think that forcing massive reparations and making members leave an alliance, or not allowing them to be a part of government is wrong. What right do you have over another alliance?

The only part I don't like. Well, what right does NPO have to make GPA pay huge reparations and rewrite it's charter? Or making GATO stay in viceroy for a year, etc, etc.

But otherwise good speech.