Cyber Nations, be Cyber Peace?

Gecko

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't put much thought into this, besides what I feel is happening to CN

(like, I did, but it all came from me, errr... you know what I mean!)

Think about it. Eventually nations will be utterly peaceful in CN, and TE will be the only war-mongering Cyber Nations

You should probably put more thought into it next time then, especially as you raised the subject entirely.

Are you this desperate to feel important?

I'm not desperate at all, but honestly he's made posts in threads not having to do with BTA, and made his posts about BTA surrendering/begging for help.

But no, I don't need to be here to feel important, in fact that's a bit redundant.

Your comment just seemed like petty nonsense. There seems to be a great many of you that follow Sileath around and twist everything he says into some half-baked insult. Sometimes you don't even bother with the twisting the part. You just say whatever stupid thing comes to mind. Put some damn effort into it.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Your comment just seemed like petty nonsense. There seems to be a great many of you that follow Sileath around and twist everything he says into some half-baked insult. Sometimes you don't even bother with the twisting the part. You just say whatever stupid thing comes to mind. Put some damn effort into it.

Oh okay. This time it had nothing to do with him posting off-topic to try and garner attention/support like he always does.

OP: Not enough war in CN

My post: Join me in my war

Explain how it is off-topic please.

It contributed nothing to the topic, and was addressed to a statement that "peace is a lie." You can't verily say that you were discussing actual issues contained within the OP, as your war is a lost cause anyway, and you just want the attention (your underlying reason for starting said war.)

And for reference, the OP was stating that he was worried that "world powers would stop wars," not that little wars weren't occuring often enough.

Edited by Rey the Great

It contributed nothing to the topic, and was addressed to a statement that "peace is a lie." You can't verily say that you were discussing actual issues contained within the OP, as your war is a lost cause anyway, and you just want the attention (your underlying reason for starting said war.)

And for reference, the OP was stating that he was worried that "world powers would stop wars," not that little wars weren't occuring often enough.

I'm not going to derail this thread just because you have a little petty feud with me. If you want my response to this, contact me via private channels.

I agree. I fail to see the excitement to be found in a neutral alliance. I was bored out of my mind before the war, the only thing that kept me going was holding a government job. I cannot imagine running my nation for months with the only excitement buying infra, tech, and wonders with nothing really to show for them.

I understand that I am not unique and there are many people who are content to never fight a war, but that will never be me.

Edit: Removed OOC

Edited by Ying Yang Mafia

There will be war. So long as human beings have anger, jealousy, and hatred in their hearts, peace will only ever be temporary.

You left out fear. You don't have to be angry or jealous or hateful of another person to declare war. But if you somehow convince yourself that they're going to do something, that 'Launch Cruise Missile' button looks awfully tempting.

What TDO and GPA do is not world peace but rather absolute isolationism. They are not interested in preventing war but simply refuse to have anything to do with the fighting.

*sigh*

You just don't get it. While I can't speak for TDO, I can assure you that GPA is not practicing isolationism. Just because we don't get involved in affairs that are none of our buisness doesn't mean we're isolationist. We post on the forums. We sell tech to other alliances. We have good relations with many alliances on Planet Bob.

Here is what we practice:

GPA Declaration of Neutrality

The Principles and Values of the Green Protection Agency (GPA) require that all GPA nations are legally bound to pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other nations and Alliances and maintain strict military and political neutrality and non-intervention.

As for the OP, I think part of what is causing your perception is nations getting tired of being dragged into a sensless war or being the victim of one. Many of the recent changes in treaties and even overall outlooks on topics such as tech raiding, EZI/PZI show that people are tired of the way things have been done and are looking for change. As amusing as it would be for the "Neutral Menace" to take over Planet Bob, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. In the meantime, we'll be over here watching the fireworks and :popcorn:

Edited by Gorbie

I cannot imagine running my nation for months with the only excitement buying infra, tech, and wonders with nothing really to show for them.

I understand that I am not unique and there are many people who are content to never fight a war, but that will never be me.

I'm trying to get more people to think about stuff like this.

Cause for me, it would ruin all of cybernations

I can speak for TDO.

1. We have been around for a while actually. 2 and a half years as of the 17th this July.

2. We have no "Global Peace Thingy". We have our Decleration of Global Nuetrality. It does not push for world peace, but is a NAP between us and the rest of Bob. TDO wouldn't mind world peace, but is not activly pushing it.

You left out fear. You don't have to be angry or jealous or hateful of another person to declare war. But if you somehow convince yourself that they're going to do something, that 'Launch Cruise Missile' button looks awfully tempting.

Ah, you're correct. Fear is another emotion that often leads to conflict.