Cyber Nations, be Cyber Peace?

Gecko

I believe like the world, Cyber Nations is evolving.

You can tell from the alliances popping up, and older ones. Mainly The Democratic Order. Alliances dedicated to world-peace, and doctrines and treaties pro-claiming no wars. Think about what would happen to the whole game if all the alliances signed TDO's World-Peace doctrine, thingy.

And have you seen the sig blitzing thing 'nukes are immoral. Put this in your signature if your down'? If the world keeps 'fighting evil', what will there be left to fight? Just a couple hundred large alliances that don't use nukes, and would never even think about war. By the time the so-called 'Ebil NPO' comes back for revenge in a couple of months, more and more alliances will be siding with TDO about world-peace. I don't have anything personal against TDO, or NPO, I just don't think world-peace should have a part in CYBER nations. How boring would the game be if everyone just backcollected and bought wonders?

If planet bob ever got into such a state of world-peace, I'd be HAPPY for agressors like NPO (or anyone else) to come and start some fun! (No offense)

I think that war is the best part of the game, and that even though being the agressor is 'immoral' and 'wrong', it can still be fun. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not siding with NPO. I still DO think that forcing massive reparations and making members leave an alliance, or not allowing them to be a part of government is wrong. What right do you have over another alliance?

I believe in war, and some reperations, but not in this. What has the world come to?

My World Opinion

Edited by King Alias

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell from the new alliances popping up. Mainly The Democratic Order. Alliances dedicated to world-peace, and doctrines and treaties pro-claiming no wars. Think about what would happen to the whole game if all the alliances signed TDO's World-Peace doctrine, thingy.

I think TDO's been around a while >_>

And have you seen the sig blitzing thing 'nukes are immoral. Put this in your signature if your down'?

A lot of MK members take part in that as a joke. I think a majority of those sigs are a joke, even.

If the world keeps 'fighting evil', what will there be left to fight?

The "evil" that will pop up after a while.

Be more warlike to change the world.

Declare war on Blue Turtle Alliance today!

Get out of here with that propoganda.

-Bama

Edited by Rey the Great

There can be no world peace without enforcement of a set of very stringent rules against hostile behavior because, as you said, people get bored.

It is precisely our folly in attempting to create world peace that gave us our terrible reputation. We played world policeman and did things like 'sentencing'. We would give sentences of say 'life inprisonment' (PZI) or this or that number of rounds of war.

What TDO and GPA do is not world peace but rather absolute isolationism. They are not interested in preventing war but simply refuse to have anything to do with the fighting.

World peace is impossible without basically being far worse than we were. It is fear that creates peace, since peace is inaction.

Edited by James Dahl

ehhhhh, not to fear! Peace will never reign supreme on Planet Bob. There are a few alliances that will not fight, but the majority will either ignore or prey upon these peaceful alliances. There are a few nations that do not like nukes, but before the war we saw many AA's lose their "no first strike" nuke policy. I think nukes need to be given value again, and calling them "immoral" may help reinflate them, but beyond that their efforts will be futile.

You are looking at a tiny fraction of CN and thinking that they are somehow gaining clout, which is entirely untrue. Chillax.

Edited by SirDelirium

You can tell from the alliances popping up, and older ones. Mainly The Democratic Order. Alliances dedicated to world-peace, and doctrines and treaties pro-claiming no wars. Think about what would happen to the whole game if all the alliances signed TDO's World-Peace doctrine, thingy.

And have you seen the sig blitzing thing 'nukes are immoral. Put this in your signature if your down'? If the world keeps 'fighting evil', what will there be left to fight? Just a couple hundred large alliances that don't use nukes, and would never even think about war. By the time the so-called 'Ebil NPO' comes back for revenge in a couple of months, more and more alliances will be siding with TDO about world-peace. I don't have anything personal against TDO, or NPO, I just don't think world-peace should have a part in CYBER nations. How boring would the game be if everyone just backcollected and bought wonders?

If planet bob ever got into such a state of world-peace, I'd be HAPPY for agressors like NPO (or anyone else) to come and start some fun! (No offense)

I think that war is the best part of the game, and that even though being the agressor is 'immoral' and 'wrong', it can still be fun. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not siding with NPO. I still DO think that forcing massive reparations and making members leave an alliance, or not allowing them to be a part of government is wrong. What right do you have over another alliance?

I believe in war, and some reperations, but not in this. What has the world come to?

My World Opinion

Hell Yeah King Alias, Good opinion and a good point to consider.

Where would we all be without war?

Be more warlike to change the world.

Declare war on Blue Turtle Alliance today!

lol

@reythegreat - I've seen some signatures, and people discussing them, I know quite a few of them ARE real.

And I fixed the post :unsure:

And eventually, the evil will not be 'evil' anymore. They would eventually sign a peace doctrine.

As I fear, everyone will.

Well... I mean, I agree with you that world peace would make for a sucky CN. But I disagree that it's even possible. For one, TDO and GPA are anything but new. Neutral alliances always win big after a world war, that's nothing new. And the "nukes are immoral" sigs are jokes, like the "jail brookbank" sigs a while back. :P

-Bama

I agree in that holding down alliances so that they may never again be in a position to be in a war again downright goes against what this game is about. As a nation building simulator this game is way behind the times. As a political simulator it rocks and that is due to the people who are part of and lead the alliances. A major portion of that political simulation is the threat of war. That is why I dont understand the constant desire to remove all threats to one's alliance.

NPO failed at such miserably and that was their entire MO. Why anyone else would use similiar lines of thinking when it comes to surrender terms is beyond me.

I think most things you've commented on here have gone over your head, King Alias. :P
My World Opinion

I didn't put much thought into this, besides what I feel is happening to CN

(like, I did, but it all came from me, errr... you know what I mean!)

Think about it. Eventually nations will be utterly peaceful in CN, and TE will be the only war-mongering Cyber Nations

Edited by King Alias

Well... I mean, I agree with you that world peace would make for a sucky CN. But I disagree that it's even possible. For one, TDO and GPA are anything but new. Neutral alliances always win big after a world war, that's nothing new. And the "nukes are immoral" sigs are jokes, like the "jail brookbank" sigs a while back. :P

-Bama

Quite frankly, I don't think you know a thing about this "nukes are immoral" movement.

-Commisar

I didn't put much thought into this, besides what I feel is happening to CN

(like, I did, but it all came from me, errr... you know what I mean!)

Think about it. Eventually nations will be utterly peaceful in CN, and TE will be the only war-mongering Cyber Nations

OOC: TE will always be second rate to the main world as its wars are mainly for the lulz as everything gets wiped later anyways. /OOC

Nations will never be utterly peaceful. There will always be power struggles and differences of opinion.

Edited by HeinousOne

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Mainly due to micro-alliances such as GDI being annoyances to others because they don't have sufficient knowledge of what happens here. (And RyanGDi spouting off at every opportunity doesn't help)

-Bama

Edited by Rey the Great

I agree in that holding down alliances so that they may never again be in a position to be in a war again downright goes against what this game is about.

This^

That is precisely why I will never respect Karma. You lack guts! Trying to keep NPO as your tech farm forever because you fear them for good reason. They will return, stronger than ever, with great vengeance and furious anger!

After I win my war with BTA, I will offer them light terms.

Quite frankly, I don't think you know a thing about this "nukes are immoral" movement.

-Commisar

Ok, forget that then. Even so, think about what is happening to the real world. Nearly all World Powers want peace, not war.

And I would realize, that obviously some new nations and alliances would be starting wars all the time, but I'm thinking big alliances.

Nearly all World Powers want peace, not war.

Actually, they want sufficient time to get done paying reparations before getting wiped out by a power again.

And even-sided wars that don't end in offering terms that the alliance can barely pay.

-Bama

Edited by Rey the Great

That is precisely why I will never respect Karma. You lack guts! Trying to keep NPO as your tech farm forever because you fear them for good reason. They will return, stronger than ever, with great vengeance and furious anger!

Sorry, NPO is neither Samuel L. Jackson, nor God.

Ok, forget that then. Even so, think about what is happening to the real world. Nearly all World Powers want peace, not war.

And I would realize, that obviously some new nations and alliances would be starting wars all the time, but I'm thinking big alliances.

Everyone has their own way to run their nation/what they want in an alliance. I also fail to see who made you god-king on how others should manage their nations and alliances affairs. If it's fighting and drama you seek, find and/or make your own.