A Ballroom Dance

King Kevz

"Do not worry my lord there is very little dress code required for this event as long as you wear somethign a but smarter than a track suit. Lady Kingswell herself has stated how she looks forward to your visit".

President Drake sent a message to Valerie. It read

Would a sleeveless leather jacket and blue jeans count as 'smarter than a track suit?

OOC: Respond when your character's done seducing Davies. Don't want to interrupt :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Oh really? :o Hmm...

IC: His own eyes widened in surprise and shock. Evidently he had more to learn about women, or was it just this woman in particular? In either case, he had not expected such a strong reaction so quickly. Could she really be in love with an old man like him? Well, perhaps not old, but he was in his late fourties, so...

'Oh, stop being so analytical. You're being kissed, you idiot,' he berated himself in his thoughts. 'For once, stop reacting to shock by analyzing the situation.' The smile that had momentarily disappeared returned even as he briefly returned the kiss. however, he pulled away, undoubtedly much sooner than eithwer of them would have wished.

"Not that I wasn't enjoying the kiss," he assured her, "but you do realize other guests have arrived?" he indicated that the room wasn't as empty as it had been when he arrived.

OOC: How's that? :D

OOC: Nicely avoided >.>

IC: The kiss was everything that Valerie had hoped for and yet was more. The act was simple in itself the pressing of lips to lips the pressure of one person against another and yet the emotional response was much much more. Love had always been something that she had wanted and she had found it in this man, she knew what it would like between the two of them due to their age but she didn't care. She had little to be thankful for these days and she wasn't about to let her man get away from her, she was just letting the armth she felt flow through her when Davies broke the kiss and she let out an annoyed sigh that quickly twisted into a soft cry of wanting. Of course he was right she did have a duty to her guests as annoying as that was at the moment but she could always have more time later on to sample her fruits of love.

OOC: Respond when your character's done seducing Davies. Don't want to interrupt :P

A response was quickly returned. "Yes that is perfectly acceptable the dance has already began but please turn up when you can, you are always welcome".

Drake boarded a plane that took off for Pax Pacis immediately. He was only taking time off because the world around Drakoria had quieted since the Fall of Nordland. The nearest threat was in Manchuria, plenty of distance away.

OOC: Conveniently arriving early to avoid 10 hour flight >_>

IC: Drake entered the ballroom and looked around. Sure enough, he wore a black leather vest with no sleeves with a black muscle shirt under it, blue jeans, and black running shoes. In the ornate ballroom, he stuck out like a sore thumb, but he didn't care; suits were unnecessary except for official diplomatic summits, in his opinion, and that was only his opinion because his aides would bother him until he agreed. He rolled his head around on his shoulders and strode further into the ballroom.

Drake boarded a plane that took off for Pax Pacis immediately. He was only taking time off because the world around Drakoria had quieted since the Fall of Nordland. The nearest threat was in Manchuria, plenty of distance away.

OOC: Conveniently arriving early to avoid 10 hour flight >_>

IC: Drake entered the ballroom and looked around. Sure enough, he wore a black leather vest with no sleeves with a black muscle shirt under it, blue jeans, and black running shoes. In the ornate ballroom, he stuck out like a sore thumb, but he didn't care; suits were unnecessary except for official diplomatic summits, in his opinion, and that was only his opinion because his aides would bother him until he agreed. He rolled his head around on his shoulders and strode further into the ballroom.

And stick out he did. The man caught the attention of Emperor Sammyace Kintober. Of course Kintober would be the last man to criticize one's appearance, considering his own suit, but Drake's casual dress in such a situation had peaked Kintober's scientific curiosity. He wanted to know more about the man.

"Avita, dear, why don't you go mingle for a while, I'll be right back." Kintober whispered to his date. Avita started to protest but Kintober had already left, and strode up alongside Drake.

"Greetings, I am Sammyace Kintober, ruler of the Eggman Empire. Might I ask who are you?"

Across the room, Avita fumed. "Head minister of Medicine and Science of the Eggman Empire, and he ditches me like garbage. Well no happy ending for him tonight!" She thought sourly. Still in a huff, she set out to find someone to talk to, or failing that, go to the bar and get totally plastered.

And stick out he did. The man caught the attention of Emperor Sammyace Kintober. Of course Kintober would be the last man to criticize one's appearance, considering his own suit, but Drake's casual dress in such a situation had peaked Kintober's scientific curiosity. He wanted to know more about the man.

"Avita, dear, why don't you go mingle for a while, I'll be right back." Kintober whispered to his date. Avita started to protest but Kintober had already left, and strode up alongside Drake.

"Greetings, I am Sammyace Kintober, ruler of the Eggman Empire. Might I ask who are you?"

Across the room, Avita fumed. "Head minister of Medicine and Science of the Eggman Empire, and he ditches me like garbage. Well no happy ending for him tonight!" She thought sourly. Still in a huff, she set out to find someone to talk to, or failing that, go to the bar and get totally plastered.

"Jason Drake, President of Drakoria," Drake replied, offering a hand. He took in the man's flamboyant clothing and tried not to stare.

OOC: Nicely avoided >.>

IC: The kiss was everything that Valerie had hoped for and yet was more. The act was simple in itself the pressing of lips to lips the pressure of one person against another and yet the emotional response was much much more. Love had always been something that she had wanted and she had found it in this man, she knew what it would like between the two of them due to their age but she didn't care. She had little to be thankful for these days and she wasn't about to let her man get away from her, she was just letting the armth she felt flow through her when Davies broke the kiss and she let out an annoyed sigh that quickly twisted into a soft cry of wanting. Of course he was right she did have a duty to her guests as annoying as that was at the moment but she could always have more time later on to sample her fruits of love.

Seeing her sigh, he once again smiled, this time re-assuringly. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I'll be right over there," he said, indicating the table to one side that held the drinks.

"I'll be waiting for another dance.," he added, winking, as he moved in the direction he indicated.

OOC: What, no comments about the fact that I'm wearing military fatigues? :D

IC: Davies just happened to end up near Avita. He had a glass of mild wine in his hand, but seeing the look on her face, he handed it to her without taking a swallow. "Here, you look like you could use this more than me," he said diplomatically. His face gave away nothing but mild sympathy.

Valerie smiled at Davies and leaned over and caressed his cheek with her hand before winking slyly at him and walking over to where Jason Drake and Sammyace Kintober stood talking with one another and as she approached she adjusted her dress before stopping before the two men and bowed deeply in respect. "Greetings gentlemen my apologies for interrupting, I welcome you to this dance. I hope everything is to your satisfaction?" asked Valerie as she rose from her bow to face the two men with a welcoming smile.

Kintober smiled and bowed towards Valerie. "Simply lovely." He declared. "I must thank you profusely for giving me an opportunity to get out of the office for a while." He turned back to Drake. "So Mr. Drake, how is you country doing?" He asked, attempting to make small take, which he was not good at, the social kind, anyway.

Seeing her sigh, he once again smiled, this time re-assuringly. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I'll be right over there," he said, indicating the table to one side that held the drinks.

"I'll be waiting for another dance.," he added, winking, as he moved in the direction he indicated.

OOC: What, no comments about the fact that I'm wearing military fatigues? :D

IC: Davies just happened to end up near Avita. He had a glass of mild wine in his hand, but seeing the look on her face, he handed it to her without taking a swallow. "Here, you look like you could use this more than me," he said diplomatically. His face gave away nothing but mild sympathy.

Avita sized up the man. "Cheap flirt, I'll wager. Still, it might make Sammy jealous." She thought to herself. "I would like nothing more." She stated, before swiping the glass out of his hand and gulping it down in a very unlady-like manner. She looked at the empty glass and frowned. "Too weak." She grumbled. Without another word, she grabbed Davies by the hand and half-dragged the man to the bar. "A double shot of Vodka and orange juice please!" She told the bartender. Avita faced Davies. "I hope you're not going to let a girl drink by her lonesome are you?"

OOC:Before Kintober promoted Avita to Minister, she was in college. And when not studying and engaging in legally and morally questionable experiments, she partied. Her favorite game is beer pong.

OOC: For the last time people do not need to join CNRP, if he wants to post here it is okay, the others pressent in the RP can decide if they recognize him.

OOC: Actually no Centurius if he wants to RP in CNRP then he has to join CNRP otherwise I could class any other posts as spam and report the poster.

OOC: So join CNRP.

OOC: Noooo, you don't want him here. He might be a good guy, but he's...weird.

IC: Drake nodded his head to Valerie and said, "An excellent ballroom. In a few moments I'd like to see the quality of the drinks in Pax Pacis.

To Kintober, he replied, "It's doing extremely well. The government doesn't interfere with the daily lives of the people, so the people are happy to live free lives. And with no foreign issues involving us, the government's only job right now is to maintain the military. The states do the rest. How is the Eggman Empire" The words 'Eggman Empire' felt odd to Drake, mostly because it was actually a nation's name. But then again, Drake thought, glancing at Kintober's clothing, it was to be expected.

Valerie smiled at Davies and leaned over and caressed his cheek with her hand before winking slyly at him and walking over to where Jason Drake and Sammyace Kintober stood talking with one another and as she approached she adjusted her dress before stopping before the two men and bowed deeply in respect. "Greetings gentlemen my apologies for interrupting, I welcome you to this dance. I hope everything is to your satisfaction?" asked Valerie as she rose from her bow to face the two men with a welcoming smile.

he actually felt his cheek warm a little when she winked at him. Blinking, he smiled to himself. "Well, that's interesting..." he said softly as he retrieved a drink.

Avita sized up the man. "Cheap flirt, I'll wager. Still, it might make Sammy jealous." She thought to herself. "I would like nothing more." She stated, before swiping the glass out of his hand and gulping it down in a very unlady-like manner. She looked at the empty glass and frowned. "Too weak." She grumbled. Without another word, she grabbed Davies by the hand and half-dragged the man to the bar. "A double shot of Vodka and orange juice please!" She told the bartender. Avita faced Davies. "I hope you're not going to let a girl drink by her lonesome are you?"

OOC:Before Kintober promoted Avita to Minister, she was in college. And when not studying and engaging in legally and morally questionable experiments, she partied. Her favorite game is beer pong.

OOC: uh oh, he's got himself in a predicament, I see. :( Geez, I should have expected that. :rolleyes:

IC: Before he could blink, she had swiped and downed the drink. But blink he did. he seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

But when she dragged him over to the bar, he sighed. "I suppose not," he answered her query.

OOC: Actually no Centurius if he wants to RP in CNRP then he has to join CNRP otherwise I could class any other posts as spam and report the poster.

OOC: Well, that depend on the definition of Joining CNRP. If you mean he has to form a nation, then actually, no he doesn't. We are allowed to character Rp with no nation. But yeah, wierd, random posts can stillbe called SPAM.

Ballroom dances consisting of international dignitaries are the most dangerous activity for world leaders. The last few ‘balls’ Generalissimo attended ended in Abduction, Assassination, Battle, Brawling, Combat, Conspiracy, Cruise Missiles, Dueling, Extortion, Kidnapping, Melee, Murder, Nuclear threats, Regicide, Riots, Suicide, and other assorted mayhem.

Balls aren’t social gatherings, they’re deathtraps.

Procinctia made an effort to maintain representation at nearly every major international event, no matter the danger.

Liska really wanted to attend, but Generalissimo wasn’t going to take unnecessary risks. . . not this time.

This time significant forces from nearly every major private military company and security firm were hired to remain on standby.

Surrounded three dozen suited security personal (who were all hired to keep a close eye on the proceedings) and Attired in Kevlar Personal Combat Armor Generalissimo entered the ballroom.

Edited by Generalissimo

Kintober spotted Generalissimo enter the ballroom, and promptly doubled over in laughter. In mere seconds he straightened up and stopped laughing, a funny grin plastered on his face. "Generalissimo of Procinctia! Please come join us!" He called out. Kintober then motioned for a waiter to come over. "Get me whiskey; four tumblers full." The waiter nodded and left to fetch the drinks. Kintober turned back to Drake. "Four glasses my friend, one for you, one for Generalissimo, and two for me. Most likely Generalissimo will decline, being as he is incredibly paranoid, will suspect poisoning. Therefore I shall have three glasses, unless you want it." Kintober explained, sounding dead serious, but still with that ridiculous grin on his face.

Over by the bar, Avita shot a glare at Kintober. He didn't notice. Avita harrumphed and turned back to Davies. She eyed the drink he was on. "That's only your second glass? And it's wine? Lightweight." She said, before hammering back her fourth vodka shot.

OOC:Generalissimo, Avita and Liska miiiiiiiiiiiight get along. A little. The differences is that before she was minister, Avita(21 yrs old) was a flunking, alcoholic, college student being investigated by the cops for frankenstein experiments and Liska is what, 16? wears a Japanese school fuku and in charge of everything in Procinctia. I think it would be interesting.

Kintober spotted Generalissimo enter the ballroom, and promptly doubled over in laughter. In mere seconds he straightened up and stopped laughing, a funny grin plastered on his face. "Generalissimo of Procinctia! Please come join us!" He called out. Kintober then motioned for a waiter to come over. "Get me whiskey; four tumblers full." The waiter nodded and left to fetch the drinks. Kintober turned back to Drake. "Four glasses my friend, one for you, one for Generalissimo, and two for me. Most likely Generalissimo will decline, being as he is incredibly paranoid, will suspect poisoning. Therefore I shall have three glasses, unless you want it." Kintober explained, sounding dead serious, but still with that ridiculous grin on his face.

Over by the bar, Avita shot a glare at Kintober. He didn't notice. Avita harrumphed and turned back to Davies. She eyed the drink he was on. "That's only your second glass? And it's wine? Lightweight." She said, before hammering back her fourth vodka shot.

OOC:Generalissimo, Avita and Liska miiiiiiiiiiiight get along. A little. The differences is that before she was minister, Avita(21 yrs old) was a flunking, alcoholic, college student being investigated by the cops for frankenstein experiments and Liska is what, 16? wears a Japanese school fuku and in charge of everything in Procinctia. I think it would be interesting.

Davies shrugged, downing his glass without taking the time to swallow.

"You think vodka's heavy? Try whiskey," he said, ordering a shot of it for each of them to prove his point. Now that was stuff you drank, not for the taste, but simply for the alcoholic content. Or if you had something to prove, of course.

OOC: Too bad Liska's not here, though... :(

Valerie smiled to her guests and was about to thank them for their comments when she stuttered as she saw another woman with Davies, somehow managing to keep a straight face she excused herself from the gentlemen's presence and made her way gracefully but quickly across the ballroom floor before stopping behind the General. "I see we are having a good time" she said with a hint of jelously in her voice.

Valerie smiled to her guests and was about to thank them for their comments when she stuttered as she saw another woman with Davies, somehow managing to keep a straight face she excused herself from the gentlemen's presence and made her way gracefully but quickly across the ballroom floor before stopping behind the General. "I see we are having a good time" she said with a hint of jelously in her voice.

"Valerie," he said, blinking.

"Not to worry," he said reassuringly, as he grabbed the shot of whiskey he'd ordered for Avita and downing it. "Just a little drinking contest. She seems to think I'm a lightweight." He blinked again as the alcohol followed the previous shot, but so far, the side-effects were minimal.

"Valerie," he said, blinking.

"Not to worry," he said reassuringly, as he grabbed the shot of whiskey he'd ordered for Avita and downing it. "Just a little drinking contest. She seems to think I'm a lightweight." He blinked again as the alcohol followed the previous shot, but so far, the side-effects were minimal.

"I see I thought heavy drinking wasn't an attribute you found attractive in women General as for myself I don't drink alcohol as I find it clouds the mind" as if to reinforce her statement she ordered herself a simple glass of coca-cola which she took and sipped lightly savouring the taste. "I didn't catch your name Mrs..?" asked Valerie to the woman hanging with Davies.

"Paranoid, are you calling me paranoid? I’m not paranoid, I’m just crazy prepared – regardless of the social acceptability in the situation.

To show my goodwill, however, I won’t subject this alcoholic refreshment to the analysis of my portable toxicology kit.”

Generalissimo hands his tumbler over to one of the security entourage, after taking a sip several seconds later the man didn’t immediately die in trashing agony . . . so Generalissimo took the drink and downed the beverage in one swift smooth swig.

Davies shrugged, downing his glass without taking the time to swallow.

"You think vodka's heavy? Try whiskey," he said, ordering a shot of it for each of them to prove his point. Now that was stuff you drank, not for the taste, but simply for the alcoholic content. Or if you had something to prove, of course.

"Why limit yourself to vodka or whisky? As ruler of Procinctia, I get to enjoy the pleasantries of mixing both vodka or whisky together!

A mixed drink that is truly worthy of a generalissimo! I’ll make one right now. . ."

*mixes drink*

! ! !Behold the awesome power that is Vodsky! ! !

Edited by Generalissimo